*Finish* Willys Jeep, Modelik Nr. 10/02, 1:25, Special Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leif Oh

Jan 27, 2004
Goteborg, Sweden
Exemplary! Now, the spare tire didn't look too bad to me (by any normal standards it was, of course, fantastic). And the "production run" tires look absolutely stunning. Gil, I'm sure, will point out the extremely good shaping technique of the tire sides.

Did you miss telling us that little bit about painting them, or do they actually look this good, fresh from under the knife, so to speak?

Leif

Leif Oh

Jan 27, 2004
Goteborg, Sweden
Exemplary! Now, the spare tire didn't look too bad to me (by any normal standards it was, of course, fantastic). And the "production run" tires look absolutely stunning. Gil, I'm sure, will point out the extremely good shaping technique of the tire sides.

Did you miss telling us that little bit about painting them, or do they actually look this good, fresh from under the knife, so to speak?

Leif

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Hello Leif!

Thank you for the compliment, I don't want to conceal any technics for the painting. I still made it in the same way, as for the other parts.

After finishing with the grind action, I use standard acrylic paint of Tamiya for the base color. For the tires I used German Panzer Grey (the same color, which I used for the sIG-33). Then I did a washing with black goache (aquarell color) and much of water. After drying I made a dry painting with the same art of color, which was mixed to a lighter base color, using very few color (nearly complete dry brush) and brushing it smoth and flat above the parts, to set some 'lights' to the edges and protruding areas. A final cover with cololess drab acrylic color makes the painting resistant against dust and humidity (and sweating fingers).

That's all!

Nice greatings
Josef

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Hello Leif!

Thank you for the compliment, I don't want to conceal any technics for the painting. I still made it in the same way, as for the other parts.

After finishing with the grind action, I use standard acrylic paint of Tamiya for the base color. For the tires I used German Panzer Grey (the same color, which I used for the sIG-33). Then I did a washing with black goache (aquarell color) and much of water. After drying I made a dry painting with the same art of color, which was mixed to a lighter base color, using very few color (nearly complete dry brush) and brushing it smoth and flat above the parts, to set some 'lights' to the edges and protruding areas. A final cover with cololess drab acrylic color makes the painting resistant against dust and humidity (and sweating fingers).

That's all!

Nice greatings
Josef

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
Josef,

Beautiful tires! The pressing method is a great technique. You've probably set off a wheel rush of sorts amongst the motor vehicle building community. Again, sine qua non!

Gil

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
Josef,

Beautiful tires! The pressing method is a great technique. You've probably set off a wheel rush of sorts amongst the motor vehicle building community. Again, sine qua non!

Gil

jlinscheid

May 22, 2005
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Wow. As a total newcomer I don't know if I should be inspired or simply hang my head in shame over my current efforts.

I have to choose inspired. Your example is truly something to strive for. Absolutely stunning work.

For me the most valuable aspect of these forums are the works in progress. Leif Oh's P-39 helped me make the leap from mild curiosity to new-found obsession, and this simply deepens my fascination with my new hobby.

Again I must say that is amazing work. Stunning. Thank you for sharing.

jlinscheid

May 22, 2005
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Wow. As a total newcomer I don't know if I should be inspired or simply hang my head in shame over my current efforts.

I have to choose inspired. Your example is truly something to strive for. Absolutely stunning work.

For me the most valuable aspect of these forums are the works in progress. Leif Oh's P-39 helped me make the leap from mild curiosity to new-found obsession, and this simply deepens my fascination with my new hobby.

Again I must say that is amazing work. Stunning. Thank you for sharing.

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Gil said:
Josef,

Gil

Hi, Gil!

Thank you for the flowers. So Leif was right with the thoughts of interest by you. Now, I think, it would nice from JRTS to start the competition for the military vehicles. :roll:

Servus
Josef

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Gil said:
Josef,

Gil

Hi, Gil!

Thank you for the flowers. So Leif was right with the thoughts of interest by you. Now, I think, it would nice from JRTS to start the competition for the military vehicles. :roll:

Servus
Josef

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Hello jlinscheid!

I'm very pleased by your comments. You've done right to stay online with this wonderful hobby. I know what I say, when I tell you, that nobody was born as a master. But time by time your skills will grow and grow - and a very positive aspect of cardmodeling is, that if you becomes yourself a master, it isn't so expensive to terminate your older models to become place for more and more masterpieces.

Servus
Josef

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Hello jlinscheid!

I'm very pleased by your comments. You've done right to stay online with this wonderful hobby. I know what I say, when I tell you, that nobody was born as a master. But time by time your skills will grow and grow - and a very positive aspect of cardmodeling is, that if you becomes yourself a master, it isn't so expensive to terminate your older models to become place for more and more masterpieces.

Servus
Josef

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Report_98

Look into my eyes, sweatheart!

bild98a0tr.jpg

The glass was made with a lasercopy to film, I have also tried to simulate the light bulb.

bild98b3yc.jpg

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Report_99

Mounting the engine hood. Unfortunately the color of the print isn't the same like the painted parts - but it is not so bothered.

bild99a0xq.jpg

After mounting the engine hood it was able to build in the hooded headlight, now there are no problems with the place.

bild99b4ui.jpg

Self-evident it is possible to open the engine hood. To be able to check the oil, coolingwater, etc ...)

bild99c5pm.jpg

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Report_99

Mounting the engine hood. Unfortunately the color of the print isn't the same like the painted parts - but it is not so bothered.

bild99a0xq.jpg

After mounting the engine hood it was able to build in the hooded headlight, now there are no problems with the place.

bild99b4ui.jpg

Self-evident it is possible to open the engine hood. To be able to check the oil, coolingwater, etc ...)

bild99c5pm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.