Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pennman

pennman Member

Hey Guys, been busy<so have I missed anything important?
    Been geting ready to move jobs getting transfered witha promotion. No I dont have to move thats a good thing.Even better thing the new job puts me right by the CSX main line.YEEHA!!!
    Weather beens awsome down here today its going to be sunny and into the 70's guess we are hitting spring time.
    Yall have fun,
    Tony
  2. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

pennman that is great news- good luck with the job.
  3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

That's great news!! (The new job too) :D :D :D :D Best of Luck!!!!
  4. N Gauger

Yeah - it's FINALLY Warming up in PA too - - I think Chief is sending his wishes here so it wont be cold when he visits :D :D :D
  5. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Penn, congrats and good luck!

Got really nice out yesterday!

I got 20 cars that I had purchased for a member here this morning in the mail! Guess what I'm doing for the rest of the day!

Rick
  6. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

7. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, mother in laws bday......72, wifes great grandmother will be 99 next week.

Lot of snow melting here now! Supposed to be in the 50s the next few days!

Rick
  8. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Hi everybody,

Last night My dad and I succesfully removed the offending ties and construction of the elevator can finaly begin!:D

Here's a poll someone on another forum wanted me to put on here for a more broader turnout: http://snappoll.com/poll/172329.php

Cheers!
  9. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I would think folks who can afford movies and mall restuarants might afford a baby sitter or at least keep thier toddlers at the table and out from under the movie seats :curse:
  10. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Hi Guys,

It's been four days since I've been on this thread so this is going to be a long post.

We had a delightful weekend in Philly. Spent all day Thursday at the flower show it was among the best I have seen, the theme this year was Ireland. Friday I Convinced Jean to go along to the tower tour (under William Penn's Statue atop City Hall), which until a few years ago was the highest point in Philadelphia. I then followed along as Jean shopped & we finished off the day at Ruth Chris Steakhouse (my favorite restaurant). On Saturday we walked down to the historic district as the weather was beautiful, close to 60 & Sunny. Took a nice Carriage ride with a great driver and tour guide, didn't let on that I knew a lot of what he was telling us as I have long been a history buff. He did know a lot of trivia however. Finished off Friday at McCormick & Schmick (Top Notch Crab Cakes). Now for the fun part, we just slept in this morning and had a leisurely breakfast before catching a cab to the station, which we had to do earlier than we normally would have as the BIG St. Patrick's Day Parade is today in Philly. As I was wheeling my suitcase out to the cab, Jean's small bag, which I had looped over the handle fell off and somehow got rapped around my middle finger on my left hand and dislocated it. It didn't hurt to much and when we got into the cab I managed to snap it back into place, but it would not stay in place if I moved it.

I spent the entire train ride back holding my left hand stiff. Had great help from the Red Cap & Conductor with the luggage and after we got off the train we headed to the ER in Lancaster. Got back home about 6:30. By now you may have guessed I am typing this with one hand.

I am to call a spe******t tomorrow to look at the hand as the ER Doc thinks there is tendon damage since it wont stay in the socket, sounds like fun. Did I say a bad word?????

Hope I didn't bore you to tears.

Take care,
  11. N Gauger

oh man!! Hope you get well fast!! :( :( I'm glad you got to see Phila before you gut hurt! :( :( Let us know what they say...
  12. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

John hope all is well.

Morning everyone! What a great day! I love Mondays!!!

Still working on the house......I did get a chance to look over my new rolling stock and engine over the weekend. Supposed to get in the 50's again today.

Have a great day.

Rick
  13. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Today's Weather for: Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/13/2007

Wind Chill: 61°F
    Humidity: 97%
    Dew Point: 60°F

So Far Today
    High: 63°F
    Low: 61°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 75 Cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 62 Cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Biscuits and gravy for me today.

[​IMG]
  14. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all.

Started more tear out yesterday. Also started to add detail parts to a Kato SD45.

Was in the low 50s and expected to be the same today with rain mixed with snow tonight.

I know spring is here! The geese that nest on our creek came back yesterday morning!

Have a great day!

Rick
  15. pennman

pennman Member

Hey John,hopeyou feel better.

Thanks everyone for the luck going to need it..

Havent officially started but already doing the papper work and getting things set to jump into the fire next Monday. Forgot how much was involved in running a shop this size.

On the train front, Started moving things around a bit have my experimental bench in the room now and about to strip it and stat laying my perminant track.moreto come.

Yall have a greatday,
    Tony
  16. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Back at home. Yesterday was a screwed up day. Frankie on the way to pressure wash the house [get him to help me by dragging the hose] and then fish the pond. Going to be 70+ today. Suffer Yanks. :cry: Trip to Charlotte Bass Pro was great. Sold a lot of chargers for the company. Now off to Bosie ID. Fly out Thursday PM. US Airways screwed up my upgrade to first class. They have now garanteed me first class coming back on Monday. :thumb: Hope all are doing OK. Not got time to read all the back posts. Have a good one.
  17. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good Morning All,

I guess it is officially afternoon, but I got a slow start today. :D

Tony,balloon6 Congratulations & the best of luck in the new job.

I have an appointment to get the hand checked out later today.

Ran some trains with the granddaughters last evening, the like to run them with the DCS remote.

[​IMG]

Chief, Have a great flight to Boise, Is that anywhere near Jon?
  18. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hi John,

Those g'daughters of yours look like they know what they're doing...What a joy it must be to see them doing something you yourself enjoy so much...!! :thumb:
    Hope that finger of yours heals pronto...
    What engine is that I spy in the back of the room...?? Looks like a Berk or something along those lines...Let's see some pics...
  19. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Cute girls John. And they look like they are having fun too! I take a great deal of pleasure with my grandkids around the train! When I test ran my steamers that I got last month the 4 yo, Conner, had a blast and has got operations figured out already without coaching. He insisted that I put my modern water tower on the table (benchwork is almost complete and the base layer of foam is down but thats it) and several houses. Then he ran the IHC 4-6-2 with freight cars. He insisted on stopping at the water tower for water on each lap and at the "town" to unload toys and food for the children too.

Today not much going on here, got to get to town but that will wait until tomorrow.

Rick
  20. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

On Friday I'm gonna buy a SH O gauge Boxed Weaver 50' Conrail Boxcar for R90 ($12), yippee!!

The other day I bought a SH unboxed UP Weaver Caboose for R120 ($16).

Now I've got HO: SAR/Spoornet (Main layout), N: US mix (Coffee Table Layout) and
    O: US mix (Garden Layout), actually they are all in the building process!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.