Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
I woke up sick today with what appears to be the flu. Well I guess this is a mixed blessing becasue I was going to manure the pig pens but now I have a official excuss to stay inside and start my landscaping. :)

I did take a look outside and we had a few inches of snow overnight. I'm still going to go out side if I can't get someone to cover for me but at least I didn't have to do the early morning work.

So even though I'm sick this could be an outstanding train day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning. It's Sunday, the 4th day March in the year of our lord, 2007.
Here's todays weather data for the west central Louisiana area.

Wind Chill: 33°F
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 19°F

So Far Today
High: 45°F
Low: 34°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 11mph N

Today High: 58 Sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 28 Clear. Lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds up to 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Ham and eggs today and some doughnuts too.

HAMEGGS.jpg

donuts_2.jpg

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good morning guys,

Quiet day here, went out to breakfast after early church. Ran some trains after lunch. Had the 3 unit PRR FA-2s on a 16 car freight. The Reading T-1 on a passenger run with 4 milk cars attached, the PRR H-3 pulling a small (7 hoppers) coal train and the PRR 1890s 10 wheeler pulling a 3 car excursion train. The amazing part was that everthing ran smooth, no derailments, everything that was supposed to smoke - did, and everything that wasn't supposed to smoke - didn't.

Sort of a cool nasty day with clouds and wind most of the time with the Sun peeking through now and then.

Started 8 kinds of pepper seed, some hot & some mild, in the greenhouse and also eggplants. Another week and time for tomato seeds. Spring is on the way. :)

Take care,

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Evening all. Back home from Bass Pro. John [jefelectric] has planned a gathering while i am in Harrisburg [for Bass Pro event]. Here it is:
We are planning a lunch of forum [CTT] members & friends in Harrisburg, PA on March 24th, at 1:00 PM. The location is Doc Hollidays Steak House, 469 Eisenhower Boulevard.

Anyone on this forum is welcome to attend too. Hope some of you can make it. Tanker, maybe you could plow yourself south and get to PA. :rolleyes:

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Morning all, nope not snowed in, close but not quite......Spent yesterday with 2 of the grandsons, it was the 4yo bday. He had a very good day.....LOL.

I did order one of the dash 8s from combat...can't wait, that will be my first with sound!
I ordered 20 cars from another member here and got one thing coming from Ebay.

Gotta do some running this morning, pay the electric company and so on.

Have a great day all.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
I've been tied up trouble-shooting a locomotive the past couple of days. Finally got it all sorted.

West central Louisiana weather data for Monday, March 5th, 2007

Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 25%
Dew Point: 19°F

So Far Today
High: 54°F
Low: 31°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph N

Today High: 68 Sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 32 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 30s. Light and variable winds.

Bacon and eggs for me today.

bacon.jpg

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good evening,

It has been cold and windy all day today, high in the low 30s.

Looks like you had a late breakfast today Jeffrey.

No train action today. Went to fitness center this morning then ran a bunch of errands. A HS Classmate dropped in this afternoon with some stuff for me to set up and copy, to be sent out for our 50th reunion in the fall. That sure is a long time ago.

Tomorrow will spend the day at the TCA museum working on Weaver database.

Take care,

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
What a day so far maybe I should pay attention to the weather forecast. So I woke up to a warm 8 degrees and a cold house. I have some of that bad coal so it is a pain getting the coal boiler to burn right. After an hour trying to get it back to temperature I had to rush out to a 7:30am appointment.

I was lucky because I didn’t know the wind kicked up and had drifted the farm lane. My wife was able to push through it with the truck when she took my oldest to school. So keeping along the electric fence I was able to push my way out with the car.

I wasn’t so lucky when I tried to do the same thing coming home. I buried the car and was force to exit through the window. I knew I should have parked at the neighbors but I just didn’t want to walk the extra mile to get home.

So know I have a car blocking the driveway and I have to wait for some help so I can get my tractor hooked up to the car to pull it free. Well that is what you get when you’re too lazy to get up a little earlier to blow out the lane.

Now I see the Laurel Highlands / Somerset County can expect up to 8 inches of snow with this next storm moving in. I think I better get the tank truck out to get about 200 gallons of fuel oil since the coal I now have is bad. That is another problem when we get deep snow and wind the regular fuel oil delivery truck can’t get up the lane.

Hey it is just part of life when you live in the country but I am getting too old to be climbing out of car windows.

[FONT=&quot]I hope you all are having a better day[/FONT]

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
Johnstown-Cambria County Airport
Last Update on Mar 6, 10:54 am EST

Light Snow and Breezy

8°F
(-13°C) Humidity: 69 % Wind Speed: NW 21 MPH Barometer: 30.34" (1032.5 mb) Dewpoint: -0°F (-18°C) Wind Chill: -12°F (-24°C) Visibility: 3.00 mi.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Evening all, started my day with having to take my son and daughter in law to work....car break down. Thats 50 miles one way, then home to trouble shoot the car, bad intake gasket, had to order that. Then had to take my youngest daughter to the docs, same town where the other 2 work so spent a good deal of time doing nothing so I didn't have to make a 3rd trip.

Now in the morning first thing I have to go to Fargo to help another son out in a borrowed car.

Long day and a lot of running.

On the bad side....LOL I spent some money on....furniture for our new living room....that will make her happy.

Rick

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
Thanks it is great but it takes some hard work too. However I may not get to drive the big trains but I do get to drive some other big toys. :) Yeah thats me hard at work.

Attachments

• neat stuff.jpg
    neat stuff.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 14

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
Go figure I only bought a six foot snow blower so I have to use the utilty tractor, no cab. We are suppose to get some nice snow the next two days, I will show you in action then.

Yeah that is me again.

Attachments

• 108_0864.JPG
    108_0864.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.