Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Aha..!!! So it's a radio control system...!!! I've always wondered what that was all about. Now I know.
    Just make sure those two little dudes sittin' on the PC board stay put or they might fry their little butts...!!!
    Let us know how it turns out...!!
  2. pennman

pennman Member

John, your about right I do have one heck of a tool fetish. but in all seriousnes Thats the only empty room I have to work and store things in right now.
    I havent forgoton either just havent had timeto getto the mail for you yet.
    Nice pics btw.

Yall have fun,
    Tony
  3. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, have now plowed 5 times with a total snowfall of about 18" and another 4-6" expected today with blowing and drifting.

Have a great day all.

Rick
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Geeze Rick - that stinks! We're getting over an inch of rain here - worrying about flooding :( I think this is winter's last throw..... Spring will be here in a few weeks :D
  5. pennman

pennman Member

Morning all,
    Sorry to hear about all that snow...
    We hada hellva a day here yesterday, high winds down pours and even a few twister/flatwinds no damage in my area but south of us got hit pretty hard.
    Great morning outside,warm and sunny.
    Yall have fun,
    Tony
  6. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Well I hope everyone stays safe, warm and dry over the next few weeks, enough of this weather.....i wanna start a garden train!!!!

Rick
  7. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning all,

Rick, No snow here, but we have been getting our share of rain. Not sure how much as I don't have a rain gauge outside, they freeze around here in winter.

No dampness in the basement as of yet.

The Susquehanna River is the spot being watched locally, as well as the feeder streams, as the ice can cause problems when it breaks up and causes ice dams.

Take care,
  8. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

What all that work Jeff when you could have TMCC?

Wind is is amazing, gusts to 50 mph for the last 24.

Lots of rain last night also.
  9. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Good evening everyone,
    Today I went on a 6-hour trip to my grandparent's in Bristol TN! Better yet, my grandma says that a new model train shop is opening up nearby! My dad says that it could not be possible to see it this visit, but I just think that it's cool that Bristol has a nearby hobby shop opening near me! I've also been trying to look up if the CNW has any conection to Bristol TN but I'm coming up empty handed. Oh, well, at least I'm at my grandparents! Just so you know, I'm using their computer to type this right now!

CNWman:thumb:
  10. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning everyone, snows over......

Rick
  11. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Last night I decided that it was time to put a decoder in the new AC4400. It runs so quiet on DC that it should just whisper on DCC right? WRONG!! I installed the decoder, placed it on the track and gave it power. I've heard electric can openers that are quieter. I worked on it for a couple of hours to see if I could get it to run quiet, but to no avail. At about 10:00 pm I removed the decoder and rewired the unit for regular DC. I was thinking that maybe it's the decoder that's causing the noise, so I installed it in my Proto 2000 PA1. Expecting to hear a high speed can opener I applied the power and to my surprise the PA eased forward and trundled down the main line with nary a sound. Seems to me that the quiet motors of the RTR Athearn units aren't all they're cracked up to be. I know I won't be buying another one real soon. It's funny. I put a decoder in a cheap BB and it runs without a sound. I put one in an expensive RTR and the neighbors can hear it. Go figure.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/3/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 34°F
    Humidity: 81%
    Dew Point: 32°F

So Far Today
    High
    : 51°F
    Low: 38°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 6mph NE

High: 64 °F
    Low: 30 °F

Today High: 65 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 30 Partly cloudy. Lows around 30. North winds around 10 mph.
    Biscuits and gravy today.

[​IMG]
  12. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I woke up sick today with what appears to be the flu. Well I guess this is a mixed blessing becasue I was going to manure the pig pens but now I have a official excuss to stay inside and start my landscaping. :)

I did take a look outside and we had a few inches of snow overnight. I'm still going to go out side if I can't get someone to cover for me but at least I didn't have to do the early morning work.

So even though I'm sick this could be an outstanding train day.
  13. jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning. It's Sunday, the 4th day March in the year of our lord, 2007.
    Here's todays weather data for the west central Louisiana area.

Wind Chill: 33°F
    Humidity: 47%
    Dew Point: 19°F

So Far Today
    High: 45°F
    Low: 34°F
    Gust: 11mph N

Today High: 58 Sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 28 Clear. Lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds up to 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Ham and eggs today and some doughnuts too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning guys,

Quiet day here, went out to breakfast after early church. Ran some trains after lunch. Had the 3 unit PRR FA-2s on a 16 car freight. The Reading T-1 on a passenger run with 4 milk cars attached, the PRR H-3 pulling a small (7 hoppers) coal train and the PRR 1890s 10 wheeler pulling a 3 car excursion train. The amazing part was that everthing ran smooth, no derailments, everything that was supposed to smoke - did, and everything that wasn't supposed to smoke - didn't.

Sort of a cool nasty day with clouds and wind most of the time with the Sun peeking through now and then.

Started 8 kinds of pepper seed, some hot & some mild, in the greenhouse and also eggplants. Another week and time for tomato seeds. Spring is on the way. :)

Take care,
  15. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Evening all. Back home from Bass Pro. John [jefelectric] has planned a gathering while i am in Harrisburg [for Bass Pro event]. Here it is:
    We are planning a lunch of forum [CTT] members & friends in Harrisburg, PA on March 24th, at 1:00 PM. The location is Doc Hollidays Steak House, 469 Eisenhower Boulevard.

Anyone on this forum is welcome to attend too. Hope some of you can make it. Tanker, maybe you could plow yourself south and get to PA. :rolleyes:
  16. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Where is everyone. Snowed in????? I'm sure Tanker is. Got reports to do and eye Dr. apt this PM. New glasses I'm sure. Run some trains. Later.
  17. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Hi Chief Eagles

Unfortunately I live more than 5000 Miles from you guys so I can'y make it, if I ever visit the U.S. I'll let you guys know!
  18. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, nope not snowed in, close but not quite......Spent yesterday with 2 of the grandsons, it was the 4yo bday. He had a very good day.....LOL.

I did order one of the dash 8s from combat...can't wait, that will be my first with sound!
    I ordered 20 cars from another member here and got one thing coming from Ebay.

Gotta do some running this morning, pay the electric company and so on.

Have a great day all.
  19. jeffrey-wimberl

I've been tied up trouble-shooting a locomotive the past couple of days. Finally got it all sorted.

West central Louisiana weather data for Monday, March 5th, 2007

Wind Chill: 54°F
    Humidity: 25%
    Dew Point: 19°F

So Far Today
    High: 54°F
    Low: 31°F
    Gust: 6mph N

Today High: 68 Sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 32 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 30s. Light and variable winds.

Bacon and eggs for me today.

[​IMG]
  20. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good evening,

It has been cold and windy all day today, high in the low 30s.

Looks like you had a late breakfast today Jeffrey.

No train action today. Went to fitness center this morning then ran a bunch of errands. A HS Classmate dropped in this afternoon with some stuff for me to set up and copy, to be sent out for our 50th reunion in the fall. That sure is a long time ago.

Tomorrow will spend the day at the TCA museum working on Weaver database.

Take care,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.