Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Sunny and warm. Grape vines to prune. Tanker, good luck with the knee thing. Guess Grandson's arm is OK. Hope all are doing OK and have a good one.
  2. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

My blood sugar crashed early this morning to 28. I have it back up to 130 now but still feel like s**t. Sorry I don't have my usual full weather report this morning but my mind is still quite fuzzy. I'm not even sure what day it is.

I'll have a cheese amd mushroom omelet.
    [​IMG]

Today's High: 78
    Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Southeast winds up to 10 mph.

Tonight's Low: 52
    Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.
  3. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

hope you are feeling better

rick
  4. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

No one cares about weather , just something to post when you have nothing worth saying, dont worry about it.

Keeep the M&Ms handy bud and take care of your coonass self.:thumb:
  5. pennman

pennman Member

the pics I promised

Hey guys great weather down here been real nice and giving me time to get stuff done. Hereare some of the pics promised hope to be laying track and rails soon!I hope.
    Ive enclosed a few shots of progress and some shots of Debutts yard.
    Cant forget My Little Helper, bestbud Ive had in a long time.:)

Something of interests so some people dont complain..
    Yall have fun,
    Tony

Attached Files:

6. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Hey Tony, do you have any Union Carbide covered hoppers?
  7. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I put some HO stuff on ebay under my name of Gil_Finn ( just like that, with the line).

A new C&O tender and also 3 old timey cars suitable for a 4-4-0.

Take a look and email via ebay me a message to see if it shows up yet if you will.

[​IMG]
  8. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Can you PM the auction #

Rick
  9. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

the C&O tender looks like it's meant for the George Washington loco from the C&O because that tender has our first president's name on it
  10. pennman

pennman Member

Hey all,long day at work today no progress going tobe made tonight.

Gil, no I dont believe so atleast none that I've seen.

Rick watch that VA. they just luv that cut and sew stuff,good luck with the surgery.

Yall have fun now,
    Tony
  11. jeffrey-wimberl

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/28/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 60°F
    Humidity: 88%
    Dew Point: 57°F

So Far Today
    High: 61°F
    Low: 55°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 8mph NNE

High: 74 °F
    Low: 61 °F

Today High: 72 Cloudy. Patchy fog in the morning. Slight chance of sprinkles in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 62 Cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

I want an omelet with all the fixings.

[​IMG]
  12. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning everyone. I got my steamers (IHC 4-6-2 and AMH 0-8-0) from Eric the other day. I did put some of the track up yesterday and run them a little! I'm very pleased! My 4 yo grandson go to run them too and was very excited! Then my 25 yo nephew was here in the afternoon. He ran them a little too all the while telling me...I need a hobby! Being a newly wed I warned him that it could get in the way of his love life but if he wanted too start he could learn doing scenery with me and help lay track (his wife is a very good artist so maybe i can pick her brain and get something in the way of a backdrop). I also told him that with her approval he could buy engines and rolling stock and run it here until they have the space and time to do something at home.

Major winter storm is supposed to hit today and go through Friday. 10-18" of that white junk is expected.....

Have a great day!

Rick
  13. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Tanker, only getting into the 60's here today. :wave: Got a few things to do and get ready to go to Hampton VA Bass Pro Shops for an event [Thurs thru Sunday]. A drivable for me [not flying :) ]. Got to get some train time in. Bought sheets of plywood from Lowe's yesterday to build rolling stock storage under benchwork. Have a good one.
  14. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

You can paint over that Geo Washington crap.
  15. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, bout 5:10AM here. I've plowed the drive for the 2nd time in 12 hours. Still snowing like made and supposed to continue through Friday evening.

Have a great day!

Rick
  16. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Brrrrrr, send some of that cold this way- I've never experienced snow, only for a few minutes actually last year, powdery stuff.

Also travelled with the train through the Hex River Valley on the way to Cape Town (snow on the mountains, the train's vapour clarkson heater stopped working and we had all our clothes on but that didn't help!
  17. jeffrey-wimberl

I probably won't be on much today. Being that it's the first of the month, I need to pay some bills and make my monthly drive to the LHS in Alexandria. They have some things there I want to look at. I don't know exactly what I'm buying today, but I'm bringing something home. I'm not gonna make a 120 mile drive and come back empty-handed.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/1/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 77°F
    Humidity: 83%
    Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
    High: 72°F
    Low: 70°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 23mph SSW

High: 74 °F
    Low: 44 °F

Today High: 72 Cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Clearing in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 40 Mostly clear. Much colder. Lows around 40. Northwest winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Who's up for pancakes and OJ?

[​IMG][​IMG]
  18. Chief Eagles

Morning. Got Enterprise rental [they picked me up] and out the door to Hampton VA Bass Pro Shops. Back Sunday night. Snow??? We have an average of 7" per year. We are way below that per our weather expert last night on TV. Saw the History Channel's history on freight trains. Later
  19. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Chief, what do you think of Jim Zumbo getting black listed in the sporting industry?
  20. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good eveniing,

Tony, I see you are just like me, can't do a job without getting out every tool you own.:)

Got started on installing TMCC in my Lionel Bethlehem Steel Docksider.
    Now I can run it and did test on operation, horn & smoke control. All works so far. Had to Dremel off some mounting studs for the old light board in the boiler shell and wire the new lighting setup.

Here is what it looks like so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tie wrap sticking up in the air is there to hold up the antenna temporarily for testing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.