High: 66°F
Low: 63°F
Rain: 0.02"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 25mph S

High: 71 °F
Low: 47 °F

Important Message

Lake wind advisory in effect until 5 PM cst this afternoon.

Today High: 75 Showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be severe. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds increasing to 20 to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Tonight Low: 45 Partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Cooler. Lows in the mid 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

I'll have bacon and eggs today.

bacon.jpg

CNWman

CNW Fan
Morning fellas,

Well, thanks to my fever, I have missed one FULL week of school (Mon. was of for the Prez. day though). Sadly, none of that time could be put into the trains!:cry: oh, well. I'm stuck doing HW today, but the elevator might see work If I get it all done!:D

CNWman

jefelectric

Good evening,

The bad weather is due to arrive here late tomorrow afternoon. Ice storm is predicted, what fun. No early spring here it would seem.

Ran trains for the 4 year old granddaughter this afternoon. She is a real train fan.

We are going to get together with the Chief in Harrisburg on March 24th, 1:00PM at Doc Holliday's Steak House. If any can join us and needs directions send me an email. I would like to get a count so a table can be reserved at least a week in advance.

Madhatter, Yes I realized that you and Rick were not on the same page, that is why I made two separate replies. I have purposely waited until I didn't have to do a lot of reaching over the wire to install it. This stuff is pretty substantial but still can be damaged.

Might start working on the taxes tomorrow afternoon. Finally got all the data I need this week so have run out of excusses. :cry:

Take care,

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
jefelectric said:
Good evening,

The bad weather is due to arrive here late tomorrow afternoon. Ice storm is predicted, what fun. No early spring here it would seem.

Ran trains for the 4 year old granddaughter this afternoon. She is a real train fan.

We are going to get together with the Chief in Harrisburg on March 24th, 1:00PM at Doc Holliday's Steak House. If any can join us and needs directions send me an email. I would like to get a count so a table can be reserved at least a week in advance.

Madhatter, Yes I realized that you and Rick were not on the same page, that is why I made two separate replies. I have purposely waited until I didn't have to do a lot of reaching over the wire to install it. This stuff is pretty substantial but still can be damaged.

Might start working on the taxes tomorrow afternoon. Finally got all the data I need this week so have run out of excusses. :cry:

Take care,
Yeah - it's going to get interesting tomorrow :( :( I'm on call, too, for salt and calcium.... :(

Put me down for 1 at Harrisburgh and I'll need an address... I can google the directions from phila... If anyone needs a lift - I have room for 1 more in the pickup!!! :) :)

Thanks!!!!!

jeffrey-wimberl

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/25/2007
Live Conditions 6:24 AM

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 49°F
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 31°F

So Far Today
High: 60°F
Low: 51°F
Rain: 0.00"
Gust: 9mph WNW

Your Local Forecast

High: 66 °F
Low: 36 °F

Today High: 68 Sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. Northwest winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 38 Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 30s. Light and variable winds.

Scrambled eggs for me today.

scambledeggs.jpg

oldtanker

Morning all, we have at least 12"of the white junk on the ground and maybe more. About 25 now and snow showers for the rest of today.

Have a great day all.

Rick

jefelectric

Good afternoon,

It has started, about an inch down now. Supposed to change to rain/freezing rain, if I had my druthers it would stay snow.

Mikey, I sent you a private message.

Rick, Looks like you are getting some good info on G gauge from people with real experience. Bet you are getting anxious for Spring now. :)

Take care all,

oldtanker

JOhn I was ready for spring about 2 months ago! ANd yes I have recieve a lot of good advice on G scale.

Update on our weather, we are part of a small band of hevey showfall that streched from Fergus Falls MN to Wadena MN, right now they figure we have somewhere between 18 and 24 ". It took 3 1/2 hours to clear our farm drivve with a blade on a garden tractor.

RIck

Pooh Bah
Spent yesterday cleaning out Dad's house. 12 boxes of books to Sally Ann (don't tell him) and today my sister went over to have the piano demolished and disposed of. We went over today to see him and he's still annoyed that the scraps of paper he wants can't be found. Came back and got home just as the snow started falling. (dad's in a retirement home with some nursing facilities: his body is failing and his recent memory is also unreliable.)

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Hi All

We are having crazy weather here too! Cold, hot, hot, cold- dunno whether (no pun intended) I should dress warm or cool anymore!

David (60103) Hope things gom better with your dad.

Keep well all

pennman

GUYS on a liter note,Got woken up this morning at 200AM by the wife she heard scartching under the bed. (thought it was the dogs)NOT!!, after some proding by the wife went under the house into the crawl space and found a Oposuim, forgot my daughter was sleeping over, well shot the little bastered and scared the **** out of my daughter literaully, her bed room was right under the crawl space door..OOPS

David sorry to hear, our prayers are there.

Rick, sorry to hear about the snow been fairly warm down here, rained all weekend but warm.Got a hole bunch more accomplished on the addition, hope real soon to be working on trains again.
Yall have fun,
Fully qualified Redneck, Tony

jeffrey-wimberl

David, I hope your father improves.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/26/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 39°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 35°F

So Far Today
High: 43°F
Low: 38°F
Rain: 0.00"
Gust: 0mph NNE

High: 75 °F
Low: 48 °F

Today High: 75 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds up to 10 mph shifting to the southwest in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 48 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. Southwest winds up to 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

I'll have french toast today.

french-toast.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Back from Myrtle Beach. Hope all are OK from storms and snow. I came back through Wilmington NC and ran through only a little heavy rain. I know some got drenched. Slow weekend at Bass Pro Shops. Now to do reports and clothes. Of to Hampton VA on Thrusday. Lot to do. Later.

jefelectric

David, We completely understand the situation with your Dad. Have a similar situation with my FIL. Makes for some difficult visits.

Grandkids are wonderful.

By the time I was dressed and looked out the door, the drive was cleared and my papers were laying on the kitchen counter.
icon_smile.gif
2 hour delays are great too.

Breakfast was a bowl of yellow corn grits, bacon, fruit and coffee. How does that sound Chief?

Check out this flat car load.

47b7dc04b3127cce819914557d7000000016100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7dc04b3127cce819917863d3a00000016100QYtmrhwzYsU

Now for the bad news, I'm about to start working on taxes.
icon_smile_sad.gif
icon_smile_grumpy.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif

Take care,

steamhead

John, nice tractors...Great trackwork too...!!!

David, hang in there. It's tough to see one's loved ones slowly loosing their capacities. I went through the same thing nearly two years ago. It's the good things I remember though...(Like building a layout together in our home in Madison).

jefelectric

Gil, Have you ever been to the Choo-Choo Barn? It's been a few years since I have been inside. It is nice & well maintained, I drive by it twice a week when I go to the TCA Museum. Same folks also own the Strasburg Train Shop. Nicely stocked, but everything is priced at list price, I think they mostly sell to tourists, I have only bought a few things there that I couldn't get elsewhere. Not the friendliest either. Guess that comes form dealing with the tourest trade instead of regulars.

steamhead, The track in this area is Atlas on cork roadbed. Don't think I will ever get up enough ambition to ballast it. I wish now I had spray painted the cork before installing it. I can live with it until I run out of other things to do, not likely as I have been building this layout since Jan 2001 and still have a lot to do. It would help if I would quite changing things.

Most of the snow that fell yesterday has melted, so we are back to the stuff that was on the ground for the past week and a half, ice & snow mix. Temps to be high 20s at night and low 40s during the day so it wont melt real fast without some sun, which is not predicted to be out much.

Take care,

Status
Not open for further replies.