Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Part I Of the Caboose Thread....
Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea]

Notified some of our buddies to come visit us here. The caboose is always open. :wave: :D

Click here for Caboose Thread Part II -- 6/17/2007 to 11/24/2007

Click here for Caboose Thread Part III -- 11/24/2007 to 1/18/2008

Click here for Caboose Thread Part IV -- 1/18/2008 to 03/22/2008

Click here for Caboose Thread Part V -- 3/22/2007 --

47b5ce20b3127cce940ff8254ffe00000016108AasnLhm4bNe

Well I have had a very busy day. Had to replace a failed fill valve assembly for the toilet in my son and daughters bathroom. It only lasted about 15 years or so. I had a spare unit. It was made by Hunter (the fan folks) and is the best valve I have ever seen. Quiet too. But alas, it is no longer made. Found this one lying in dust at the plumbing shop.

Had to mow the lawn. We got a big rain here Wed and the grass is still growing like crazy.

Also spent some time at the High School Robotics design and build session and took my son to see "Roll Bounce" with the artist formerly known as Lil Bow Wow (now just Bow Wow - BTW - I do not recommend this movie to anyone unless you have a longing for Disco roller skating).

Just breaking on the news - a pipe bomb at the OU game exploded outside the stadium. A second one was found and detonated. Man, the weirdo's are just out in force these days.

Have a great evening all!
Roy

Roger B.

Chief, thanks for letting me know where ya'll moved the train to. I was starting to go through coffee withdrawl symptoms. Boy all h**l must have broke loose over on CTT, aww I missed all the fun.

If we only knew where the vandels were located the closest train crew members could pay a visit and talk to their parents, or at least trash their computers.

It's good to be back among friends.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio

where the temp is 52 degs and heading into the mid 70's with
Blue Clear Sky's

We had a great time yesterday at the train show. ;) Pick up some great deals on log cars :cool: same as last year, 3 pack of IR log cars for $25.00 :eek: This dealer was selling other IR cars for $10.00 each :thumb: What a great deal. :D

We also pick up some items for the circus layout. Will post pics later.

Chief, I like our northern caboose's better

47b5d639b3127cce93f3bffa0d2000000026108IZMmrFwxbA

tom:thumb:

Roger B.

Made another e-bay purchase Friday, I won the auction for a K-line Burlington tanker. I've been trying to get this one for quite a while and finally put in a max that was only about $10 below list, luckily it didn't go that far.

Found an old photo of my original layout, ca. 1948. I'll try to post it as soon as I scan it in later today and try to resize to meet site specs.

Chief Eagles

Morning gang. Back from Sunday School. Dr. John, I was surprised they did not give me a visitor's card [been deliquent]. :eek:ops: Got more sanding to do and then Liquid Nails the wainscoting [finally learned how to spell it] to the wall. Think I'll run trains some too. Got to go to youngest's old/new house and pick up some flat stone left from building porch and fireplace [free]. No work there this weekend. :D Wife has gone crazy with Halloween decorations. All over house and outside too. She loves a season or holiday. Now you know why the attic is so full. :( :curse: Have a good one and God bless all.

Howdy from S.E. Ohio

Am I really here? Looks good.

Another beautiful day here.

I see all the guys are on. Buckeye is the engineer? Thank goodness!!

Don't need no southern boy at the controls.

Y'all have a great day. When can we go HOME ??

Chuck

Chief Eagles

Tomorrow I guess. :rolleyes: I like this software here. :) Pretty easy to get around and you can see the replies with out signing on. Can go straight to the post from the link on your computer. I guess we will see what CTT comes up with.:confused: Probably make it better for us "regulars".

:rolleyes: The write'n ain't readin' right.

This is better in a couple of ways. I just keep getting lost.

Nice pictures, guys. Where ever I saw them.

Don't tell Buckeye I said this... I could go for some sweet iced tea.

Chuck

Roger B.

Here are a couple of photos (I hope) of my first layout(?) at Christmas 1948. I was 2yr, 2mo old at the time. It looks like the layout predates Christmas but I'll have to wait till the weather cools down to see if I can find an earlier picture album in the attic. (Make that one photo, it only took the one. Is the 65kb the total of all photos or each?)

Attachments

• 001-C.jpg
    001-C.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 320
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) I did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys, I have been trying to post a picture, and all of my layout
ones are too big. So, I tried the one of the Curve.
Back to the scanner.
Chuck

Dr. John

Ahhh - found the coffee!

Nice forum over here, although there don't seem to be many O gaugers besides us wanderers from CTT land. Some nice G scalers and some worthwhile reading on some of the threads. I've found some really good info on On30 to file for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.