Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Sunny and cooler. Warming into the 60's tomorrow and rest of the week. Out to get ontractor and tun over garden for planting. Have a good one.
  2. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

What a day so far maybe I should pay attention to the weather forecast. So I woke up to a warm 8 degrees and a cold house. I have some of that bad coal so it is a pain getting the coal boiler to burn right. After an hour trying to get it back to temperature I had to rush out to a 7:30am appointment.

I was lucky because I didn’t know the wind kicked up and had drifted the farm lane. My wife was able to push through it with the truck when she took my oldest to school. So keeping along the electric fence I was able to push my way out with the car.

I wasn’t so lucky when I tried to do the same thing coming home. I buried the car and was force to exit through the window. I knew I should have parked at the neighbors but I just didn’t want to walk the extra mile to get home.

So know I have a car blocking the driveway and I have to wait for some help so I can get my tractor hooked up to the car to pull it free. Well that is what you get when you’re too lazy to get up a little earlier to blow out the lane.

Now I see the Laurel Highlands / Somerset County can expect up to 8 inches of snow with this next storm moving in. I think I better get the tank truck out to get about 200 gallons of fuel oil since the coal I now have is bad. That is another problem when we get deep snow and wind the regular fuel oil delivery truck can’t get up the lane.

Hey it is just part of life when you live in the country but I am getting too old to be climbing out of car windows.

[FONT=&quot]I hope you all are having a better day[/FONT]
  3. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Johnstown-Cambria County Airport
    Last Update on Mar 6, 10:54 am EST

Light Snow and Breezy

8°F
    (-13°C) Humidity: 69 % Wind Speed: NW 21 MPH Barometer: 30.34" (1032.5 mb) Dewpoint: -0°F (-18°C) Wind Chill: -12°F (-24°C) Visibility: 3.00 mi.
  4. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

If your interest here is a phot of the farm.

Attached Files:

5. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good evening,

Renovo, Nice farm and nice country - in the Summer. :)

Chief, We are about 2 months from planting here.

What happened to everybody today?

Take care,
  6. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Evening all, started my day with having to take my son and daughter in law to work....car break down. Thats 50 miles one way, then home to trouble shoot the car, bad intake gasket, had to order that. Then had to take my youngest daughter to the docs, same town where the other 2 work so spent a good deal of time doing nothing so I didn't have to make a 3rd trip.

Now in the morning first thing I have to go to Fargo to help another son out in a borrowed car.

Long day and a lot of running.

On the bad side....LOL I spent some money on....furniture for our new living room....that will make her happy.

Rick
  7. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Renovo, I'd give my right arm to live in a place like that...!!! All year round...(Well...Maybe I'd spend the winter somewhere else...). :D
  8. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Thanks it is great but it takes some hard work too. However I may not get to drive the big trains but I do get to drive some other big toys. :) Yeah thats me hard at work.

Attached Files:

9. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Whooo...That's one BIG toy...!!! Do you use that to clear the lane of snow as well..?? Looks like it could do the job.
  10. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Go figure I only bought a six foot snow blower so I have to use the utilty tractor, no cab. We are suppose to get some nice snow the next two days, I will show you in action then.

Yeah that is me again.

Attached Files:

11. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

And your wearing shorts?!? :eek:
    jawdrop
  12. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

It's a little on the cool side this morning but it'll warm up later.

Wind Chill: 39°F
    Humidity: 88%
    Dew Point: 36°F

So Far Today
    High: 43°F
    Low: 39°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 72 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 45 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have pancakes today.

[​IMG]
  13. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning,

Looks like about 4" so far, still snowing. Hope to wait till it is done to get it cleaned up.
    Wife swept the first 2" or so off before she went to work, and before I got up.
    She is a lot younger than I am. :D :thumb: :wave:

Renovo, Did those New Holland tractors used to be Fords? A big New Holland plant not far from here in (where else) New Holland, PA. About 30 miles from my home. Don't know if they make the tractors there or not.

Take care,
  14. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, went to Fargo and back this morning. Going to take it easy the rest of the day I think.

Nice looking farm there, I don't have the toys but enjoy living on the farm too. We have a couple of pet horses and rent out the crop land.

John, New Holland bought out Ford a few years ago if I remember correctly.

Rick
  15. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Afternoon. Been at pond cutting trees so they would fall in the water. Was no structurre in the pond. 62 degree and warming. Sorry Yanks, enjoy your snow. :rolleyes: This software is getting slow again. Takes a long time to get to the caboose during the day. Got to go. Got to put lime on garden and then disk. "Broke" it up yesterday. Later
  16. lionelfan

lionelfan Member

Hello from NE Ohio. Snowy and cold today. Got appx 4 " of snow overnight. Just got rid of some of the 18" we got on 2-14. Oh well spring is near..( Ihope)
  17. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, going to scrape some ice/snow of the drive tis morning.....supposed to get to the melt point today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Tomorrow and the next day!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!

Rick
  18. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

3 days in a row of 50* windy weather.

Quite a tractor there, where is the snow plow?
  19. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/9/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 52°F
    Humidity: 83%
    Dew Point: 47°F

So Far Today
    High: 52°F
    Low: 52°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 0mph NNE

Now: Low: 48 Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

Today: High: 75 Partly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight: Low: 50 Decreasing clouds. Lows around 50. Light and variable winds.

I'll have french toast today.

[​IMG]
  20. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

WOOHOO! In the melt zone!!!!! WE are at 35 and supposed to get to 40 today and tomorrow then the 50s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Rick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.