Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Got to get shadecloth on greenhouse. Going into the 80's today. Going to Raleigh and meet oldest for lunch. Frankie and I shot some videos of trains running upstairs. Pressure washed all the buildings here yesterday. Then Frankie and I went fishing at 5 PM. Caught one bass and then started crappie fishing. Caught some monsters. Got to go. Have a good one.
  2. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Oh well the thunder is starting here, always threatens us with rain- but nothing falls, it's getting so dark we have to have all the lights in the shop on.
  3. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Speaking of rain, Monday at noon we got a whoooooping thunderstorm and rain that came down in sheets - visibility couldn't have been more than 60-80 feet...!!! It lasted about 2 hours but we got 6+ inches of rain...!!! That about a qurter of our yearly average...in a couple of hours...!!!
  4. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

The Engine in the background is a Reading T-1, Northern, by MTH.

[​IMG]

This is painted as they were in later years when mainly used for excursions, with yellow handrails and white tires. Only 4 of the 30 built were actually equiped for passenger service the rest were used as freight engines. BTW they were built in the Reading's own shops.

This is the largest steamer that I can run on my layout as the curves are only 056, that's 28" radius for you HO'ers.
  5. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Darn Chief.....just trying to get us northern boys mad.....bass and crappie!

J. thats cause you live in South Africa!

Gus thats a lot of rain, we had that here the first year that we lived here.....what a mess!

John, nice looking engine...even is if is too big.....LOL

Rick
  6. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Rick, And heavy too, that sucker weighs about 10 pounds.
  7. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

That sure is a monster..!! Gorgeous engine...Maybe I'll switch to O...( NOT...!!!). :D
  8. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Rick...You want to get raving mad..?? How 'bout 20" + redfish...All year round...?? :D
    I won't even mention the trout... :rolleyes:
  9. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Gus, whats a red fish???? more important.....when i can go after bass, cats and pike who cares????LOL

[​IMG]

Keep in mind that I'm 6'5".....

Rick
  10. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

My downs granson, small pike and me.
    [​IMG]
  11. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

opps trying again

[​IMG]
  12. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

13. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

the cat went 22 lbs

rick
  14. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Moving early. Buddy coming to fish pond with me. Then off to Bosie ID this evening. Get there around 10:45 mountain time [12:45 Am my time]. Then another hour to get to hotel and etc. Long day. Tanker, red fish is salt water. We call them "Puppy Drum" or "Spot Tails". Great catch on catfish. Police Chief and Lt were to fish the pond yesterday PM. Have not heard report. Monster crappie bedding. Will be out of touch for a while. Will write down the computer address as I always get it wrong and do not get here while away. God bless.
  15. pennman

pennman Member

Hey Gus, thats not fair there is some great fishing off los fresnos and south padre. I know pretty much right where your at down there spent sometime workingin that area.

Chief, miss fishing down innthe Carolinas, getting another chance here soon my son inlaw is getting stationed over at Bragg in a few months.

If this weather keeps going the way itis I'm going to have to break the boat outsoon and hit the Cumberland and getsomefishing done myself.

Yallhave fun,
    Tony
  16. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Hi all!

Little cooler here today. I'm on standby for vehicle recovery. That time of the year when people will start putting em through the ice again. I don't dive under the ice, just help out on the ice. Maybe I should take a fishing pole with me..LOL.

I haven't been near salt water....well the last time was 1971.

Can't wait for the ice to melt and be able to start fishing again!

Have a great day everyone.

Rick
  17. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hey Rick...So who caught who..?? That's some monster fish...!!
  18. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Morning Guys, Where is everybody? Just because the chief is up in Boise getting his buns froozen, no reason to not check in. :wave:

Anybody else getting any snow? Been snowing since about 7:00 but not making a lot of headway. Less than an unch on the grass, none on the roads yet. Supposed to get 3-6 inches.

Can't do much train work with the hand still in a splint. Hope it comes off next week.

Please excuse the typos, not easy with one hand. :D

Sounds like you fishermen are getting reved up for spring, haven't fished for a while. When I was young I was on the Susquehanna every weekend it wasn't iced up. Thought I would start again when I retired but just never could get into it again. Guess I'm just fished out.

Take care,
  19. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Rick, That looks like more than 20 pounds? What kind of cat is it, we used to catch mosly channel cats in the Susquehanna, but yours is to brown for that.
  20. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hi guys...Not much in the train going on right now...Hope to get some bench work started over the weekend.

Tony, where abouts were you staying down here..?? What were you up to..? Bay fishing has dropped off over the last few years, some say it's being overfished, so they're looking into tightening up the release sizes some. We'll see. Now that the sun is out, (80's today), time to get the fishing tackle out...!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.