Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzy

well we got know where near that much, most did not even stick, and has stopped snowing, but i was all ready to get the bike out today. darn the luck.

jefelectric said:
Good Morning,

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

We got a nice? snow here as well. I guess we never learn. Front page of the morning paper has a picture of a car on its roof, seems an 85 year old guy who lives in a retirement center was out driving around in the snow storm. wall1 :cry:

For those living in the SUNNY SOUTH, here is what it looked like about half way through the snow storm.

47b7dd37b3127cce82165a95918900000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7dd37b3127cce82164775d1ff00000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7dd37b3127cce8216471e50a400000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7dd37b3127cce8216443c912f00000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

Take care,

oldtanker

Gil, took that on a cat rod with 20# test line and a steel leader. Took about 45 mins to land while fighting it against the current. It was fun! We do a family (guys only) cat fishing trip to the Red River by the town of Drayton ND every summer. I landed that one about 15 mins after my nephew Tommy landed a 19.5# and his brother TJ landed a 17# almost at the same time. What started as a weekend fishing trip lasted from Friday evening until 9 am Saturday because we were at our limit. There was 11 of us. Most productive trip yet!

I'm about ready to shoot a ground hog or 2 myself. Took my grandson to preschool yesterday morning. The wife ask him what he saw out the window of the car expecting the normal of a story about a monster or dragon chasing the car.....he said "grandma all I see is flipping snow!"

Taking it easy again today, just adding the detail parts to a Kato SD45.

Rick

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Fishing, well I have the boat and the equipment but never have the time. TOO much girls basketball.

Here is a little bragging since we are 3/4 thorugh the very long season.

CT / Camco 27 wins 4 losses .871% PF=982 PA = 527

pennman

Playing girlsbasket ball?Thats a little unfair forthe girls isnt it?

John, dont care how much of an inconvience the snow is it still looks good and its kind of trankquill when its falling. I really do miss that down here.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
pennman said:
Playing girlsbasket ball?Thats a little unfair forthe girls isnt it?

John, dont care how much of an inconvience the snow is it still looks good and its kind of trankquill when its falling. I really do miss that down here.

not really an inconveniance, its a hazard. a few cars were off the road on my way to work this moringing. thank god there was nothing serious.

Gil Finn

HTML:
[Went tothe Cumber land the other day, was checking out my fav fishing holes.I have to get a line in the water soon or I'm going to bust..haha

/HTML]

I hear they are draining the lake and that the dam is dangerous, saw it on the news recently.

I had planned to charter a boat and do some striper fishing. Not sure now untill I make some phone calls.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Lake Cumberland Kentucky?

If I was on the team they would loose. Well they have two games today so another day without NASCAR.

Chief Eagles

Morning from Bosie ID. Partly cloudy and warm. Off to the store. Fly out early tomorrow AM. Will be glad to get home and run some trains. Have a good one.

oldtanker

Morning all.

Very productive weekend as far as trains go, got the Kato detail parts on, the last of the detail parts on the Atlas Master series engine, 27 cars looked over, parts glued back on and couples installed on the ones that needed them!

Looking for warmer weather this week! Suppose I should clean up the boat and find everything for the mower deck....

Have a great day!

Rick

CNWman

CNW Fan
It has been Done!!!!

Today after school I put the finishing toutch on my grain elevator and MAN does it look good!:D I'll try to post pics of it. Next project (I hope!): machine shop HO scale , Walthers Cornerstone series!

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
today was mixed for me.

on one hand, i finally perfected a way to operate. switch my layout ( now i just need to work on ways to easily uncouple my cars). i've been taking to long to go DCC with some of my locomotives, so it looks like i'll be getting decoders soon.

on the other hand, i got a scale length ( 6 horizon commuter car) SEPTA train. It is creating great stress. at first, the coupler pocket covers were obstructing the trucks, so i trimmed them down. i then added knuckle coupler, of which no combination of the cars will stay coupled. one of the trucks keeps lifting up no matter what i do, and to make things worse, the train derailed, and shooved one of the cars off the table onto the concrete, and sheared off part of the coupler pocket stuff. ( the little plastic protrusion on the underbody that the coupler pocket swings on). I might be able to use a longer screw and a tap drill to try and reattach the coupler pocket.

as it turns out, my Conrail GP40-2 is a "Phase III" unit, that is apperently difficult to detail accurately because it has 88 inch noses and weird class lights, so i'm thinking about renumbering it.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Good Afternoon Everybody,

Today was the first day of the year I actaully had to put a jersey on- it was freezing!! I can smell it in the air- winter has arrived to the southern hemisphere!

Brrrrrrr. Only 14 degrees Celcius.

Chief Eagles

Morning [almost noon]. Been doing reports and booking flight [more trips coming]. Got in from Bosie ID last afternoon. Great flight. Don't forget the gathering at a restaurant [jefelectric can post the name] in Harrisburg PA this St. Got to run. Pretty day here.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
MadHatter said:
Good Afternoon Everybody,

Today was the first day of the year I actaully had to put a jersey on- it was freezing!! I can smell it in the air- winter has arrived to the southern hemisphere!

Brrrrrrr. Only 14 degrees Celcius.
Yes!! Us northerners are "Done" with the chill weather.... :) One more day (Wednesday) of below 50 deg weather - then it's into the 60's and 70's :) :)

When you get tired of the C-C-C-Old weather - send it back and we'll return your nice weather........ maybe...... :D :D :D :D

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Chief Eagles said:
Morning [almost noon]. Been doing reports and booking flight [more trips coming]. Got in from Bosie ID last afternoon. Great flight. Don't forget the gathering at a restaurant [jefelectric can post the name] in Harrisburg PA this St. Got to run. Pretty day here.
I guess we can post the restaurant 's info... :)

Doc Holliday's Steak House
469 Eisenhower Boulevard
Harrisburg, PA 17111

Saturday - March 24 2007 - - 1:00 PM

As far as i know - I'm still going :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.