Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Not exactly what I wanted for Ron's recolor and 200x enlargement. I guess it will have to do until I get my skills at cutting windows out up to par. I used a xacto blade and surgical scissors [tiny]. Kind of disappointed as I wanted the windows thing to be very easy for builders to do, hence the black backing with blank window spaces to shine thru. I will now print the entire piece black on the back and cut them out.

100_1796.JPG

spaceagent-9

Ok, cuts out your paper prints.
I just ordered one and some respectable model builders liked the way it worked on paper model parts.
You get about 50% of a sheet per print and cut, so you gotta cut your model sheet in half to print and cut it.

[If this violates stuff just take it down, or tell me what I gotta do to show this machine, please.]

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Ok, cuts out your paper prints.
I just ordered one and some respectable model builders liked the way it worked on paper model parts.
You get about 50% of a sheet per print and cut, so you gotta cut your model sheet in half to print and cut it.

[If this violates stuff just take it down, or tell me what I gotta do to show this machine, please.]

Only 50%!! Not COOL! I don't know the cost difference between my Cameo and the Cricut..but on Print and cut on the Cameo you get about 95%, Just have to leave 3 squares open on the top and bottom Left edges for the registration marks... I do know the Cameo was NOT cheap! But I got lucky and got a Cameo with tons of stuff, cutting mats, extra cutters, etc, etc. as a system on a dirt cheap sale, so! That and at the time, it was a far better unit than the Cricut....but I know they have all changed since then. The one I REALLY wanted, was in the 1500-2000$ range was the Skycut D24 Dual head Professional Plotter/Cutter...up to 2 mm cut depth, and they use a spiral cutter blade vers. an x-acto type blade...Hey, they are on sale NOW!! only $1,498.00...that's a whopping 100 bucks off!! Yeah, Right, at that price gimme two!!

spaceagent-9

wow! ok, so you increase the border on the top and bottom left sides and that will increase the cutting area?

Gandolf50

Staff member
wow! ok, so you increase the border on the top and bottom left sides and that will increase the cutting area?

Cutting area is determined by page size, up to 12x12...( Mat limitation...but then you could find some 3 mm vinal and make that 12" x 30' if you wish!
On the print and cut side of things, it takes 3 registration marks Upper L&R and Lower L...these have to be a clear area and set up in the page view for P&C...I use Legal size card stock, so they don't even matter for me with the extra 3 inches of space.
Cameo.png

spaceagent-9

I think I understand, 3 g's high and 4's over added to the bottom. Then I row of g's on the Left? side. I will be drilling you for answers when my unit arrives!!

jhyt5rfgy.png

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I used to take a tooth pick to rub the end of windows, then a machinist file to clean up any fibers. This was mainly for porholes on ship hulls. Your windows look great to me. ;)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I used to take a tooth pick to rub the end of windows, then a machinist file to clean up any fibers. This was mainly for porholes on ship hulls. Your windows look great to me. ;)
A quick question for Z, what is the difference between machinist files and regular needle files?

Gandolf50

Staff member
I think I understand, 3 g's high and 4's over added to the bottom. Then I row of g's on the Left? side. I will be drilling you for answers when my unit arrives!!

Look back at some of my posts like this one on "tool or not a tool"...some info in there, it should translate to the Cricut, as the software should be at least similar. " I figure every company steals ideas from their competitors!"

spaceagent-9

Im going to wait until my unit arrives, and then talk with you on private message for practice on a few things. probably a Klingon d7 9or Romulan bop. thanks!!

spaceagent-9

Found this cool pic of the Romulan warbirdor bird of prey TOS. Romulan-bop-s.jpg

note the energy colors are green and electric blue, how ever, my perception tells me it was more a dark blue bottle glass, or even purple, Romulan-bop-s pb.jpg

like the sashes of authority on the TOS episode : Balance of Terror : OIPN1S8HEE8.jpg

Last edited: