Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
The sensor/phaser emitter is done, a push molded plastic white picnic plate trimmed to be a translucent dome.
A little dot of glue to be the nipple on the center of it.
Next--the impulse engines.
I have to cut out the rectangles and glue in screens.
They will light up normal led blue.

1625591480170.png

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I think that what i will end up doing is to mix mediums on Ron's 1701, enlarge it to about 3-4 feet, use matte board from a framing shop, poster paper and foam board to BW print out the stencils and then build it, paint the inside of the lighted areas black, assemble, paint the outside black around lighted areas, and then grey coat it, probably sea gray. I know that's not the exact color, I would have to consider finding the right rattle can colors. and then just put it on a long wall along the bottom black foam board stand. That is the end result of what I have learned on this enlarging, is to skip the paper model look, putty fill and paint, then detail the outside. I actually started out in 2009 wanting to be a scratch builder, but completely lacked the skills, I have learned some since then. The only problem is that my day is broken up by medical appointments randomly, each taking 5 hours out of my day. I would need to have a few weeks straight without any interruptions. I think should just jump the creek and get into it right now.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I had a thrill today-I was stuck in a Monsoon for 3 hours in Surprise Az. It was really blowing and raining, immense puddles formed that looked like lakes, then all at once, they drained away during the storm. I guess that's what the back end of a flash flood looks like. My ride home hit a few road lakes on the side of the slow lane and Hydroplaned a few times for a second. It was [retty gnarly, and I'm from Monterey Bay area in CA and also upper west Humbold County Ca too. So I know heavy rains. Anyway, I love rainy days and turned on some esoteric Youtube radio shows and kicked back.

Reactions: micahrogers

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You make some of the best Saucer Sections in the Hobby. This is is amazing!! :)

Reactions: spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Here is a little bit of work done.
Still really considering the foam board and poster paper, matte board and putty/sand/paint maneuvers.
If I get into that, I am sure that it will be a plunge into the deep end for a while.
The little black tabs I cut are meant to block the light seam, we will see if it works.

1626714983073.png

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
So I got more done on this bridge assembly, but I have to punch the windows out with a small screwdriver to get that rectangle shape, and then fill with hot glue. [I wait a moment for it to cool a little before I smash it in the hole] and then I will post pics of it.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Ron Caudillo just amazes me with his skills.
I would have made the bridge elevator tube a cylinder with a lid and cut the bridge wall out, but he made the tube a V shape and you set it on the bridge wall with a top on it, and it really fits great and looks good.

Also, the entire nacelle strut supports, in the nacelles and in the secondary hull is sheer genius. It works so well to support the nacelles from sagging,
I have tried everything up until his model to stop my plastic model ships from sagging, and nothing really worked, but his system works every time.

I mean, could a paper model look and work better than this???

We talk on the phone often and he has come out here a few times and we always have fun talking about interesting stuff and model builds. I really recommend his work. His space pod is perfect! I am sure you have been impressed with his bridge for the Enterprise too.

1627052705506.png

Last edited: