Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I was thinking of a star field scroll so it looks much like in the pilot opening with stars rushing by continually, and a scroll of different ships, planets, space scenes.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That's too bad. I checked out the page, lots of pics but no way or clicking on anything. They do have lots of FREE stuff though. Some pretty good models to be had there, worth checking out. They have a phone number, have you considered calling them? ;)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I'm really trying to get this moving but without any sleep, just tossing and turning from the heat I guess, I'm going nowhere. I did widen a blow-up of Rawen's stargazer so the nacelles are positioned more like the hero prop, still needs to be wider. I will post some pics. Warming up the black hot melt stick for the inner ring of Ron's 1701 enlargement.

Reactions: Revell-Fan

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
The biggest problems I keep running into is warbling due to paper thickness, I need a metal rigidness, yet lightweight. Also, the matching up of parts has micro errors turn into huge problems as much as being able to be seen easily as not matching up. So far, cutting up the pieces into sections may solve that thru trimming the pieces so they line up. So now I'm back to printing sections up, I may have to use black foam board as an inner support of the model, a slightly smaller built-up model, and then glue the image of the paper model over it. At this point, I really don't know yet.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
1623717721188.png

A few snips on the outer ring and the warbling became managable. Now to the rim, once that is done, then I can re-inforce the structure and hopefully it will look ok. My thanks to Ron for helping thru this resize and snipping into shape proceedure.