Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I take a shower, soap up rinse, dry, powder up with johnsons medicated foot powder-all over, put on clothes that allow air flow and step out side,...BOOM covered in sweat like I just got out of the gymn. It really is hopeless.

• Sad
Reactions: micahrogers

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Now imagine the same 90+ temps but 90 to 100% humidity... sometimes I hate Georgia.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I was at Ft Gordon Ga and Ft Benning Ga. The only thing worse than the fire ants biting you is them biting you in the sultry heat. But I did like Atlanta- and waterskiing on the lakes, but I got so sunburned that I was warned if I ever got that burned again I would get an article 15 for damaging Govt. property. Prettiest blonde girls I have ever seen tho. I dated a General's blonde granddaughter, they lived in the nice retirement housing on base-fancy places- she took care of him. Kind of reminds me of laser blast. He kept telling me I was on secret ops to protect his granddaughter. Only lasted a few months before I shipped out. I liked Georgia back then.

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
A nice staff for magicians, but one hit from my 72 X 1 1/2" Ironwood staff will smash that one to itty bitty curly bits. my 40" oak walking stick would probably smash that thing.

Reactions: spaceagent-9

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
A friend of mine told me that when he lived in Arizona, they ran humidifiers, as that would moisten the room and the moisture evaporating off of you would take heat energy off your body. He also said people don't use air conditioners moist because of the lack of moisture, they don't work well. I don't know if this has any truth to it, but he lived out there for 10 years. Glad to see you're doing well. :)

Reactions: spaceagent-9

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013

That has to be pretty thin to work, but would definately keep a dog a bag, as your could stab at it, and that would be enough. A person, well, it would probably bend in half. Funny how you can walk around with a long Oak staff as your cane, and wreak havoc, but in my state, you can't carry a knife with more than a 4" blade. I could far more damage with an Oak cane. :)

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
too true Z, my walking stick is perfectly legal, and my disability gives me a "legal" reason to use it where ever I go, and my martial arts training means I know how to employ it effectively as a weapon if needed. with a rubber "foot" on one end, and a hand hold, my 6' bo staff would be a legal walking stick.
Georgia limits knives to 5" blades, but allows all types, even Balisong and switchblades.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I like the name! When I was little we had to write a story for a school project and turn it into a "rolling cinema", with a long band of pictures attached to two tin cans. You would turn one can and move the band to one side, revealing a new picture. Then you would tell your story simultaneously, turn the can and get to the next chapter. My story was about a group of cavemen and women learning how to use fire for the first time. The events were not entirely historically correct because the family had a pet Triceratops who assisted them with their everyday work. The Trike was a she and I named her "Tracy". ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
This is the basic principle:

1.jpg

2.jpg

2a.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Just a quick sketch of the setup but you should get the meaning. ;)

We decorated our cinema box with a drawing curtain on the front, recorded our story on tape and mixed in some music and sound effects so that we only had to start the player and turn the crank. :)

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
This is the basic principle:

View attachment 194077

View attachment 194078

View attachment 194079

View attachment 194080

View attachment 194081

View attachment 194082

View attachment 194083

Just a quick sketch of the setup but you should get the meaning. ;)

We decorated our cinema box with a drawing curtain on the front, recorded our story on tape and mixed in some music and sound effects so that we only had to start the player and turn the crank. :)
That is very cool!!!
I remember doing stuff like this when I was a youngster.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Indeed! To use this in a dio with changing background you should place the rods in the back of the box. That way you could create a dynamic shadow box with a model directly behind the window cutout. You could also place the model in a way that it partially penetrates the window, breaking the fourth wall. I had planned this for the wolf diorama but skipped it because of laziness time restraints. ;) :)

BTW, replacing the top and bottom of the cans was done for safety reasons. If you are careful you could drill the holes right into the cans but you have to make sure that the edges are not sharp after that to avoid injury. ;)

Last edited: