Launch when ready!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
RB asked me to resize it to 1:50 which is why I put this project out of mothballs. This is as precise as it gets because I based it on the official blueprints from Lee Stringer's flickr album. But be warned: This is a tree killer. The base plate alone requires 18 pages and is 80 x 72 cm big. And that's the SMALL version. :hammerhead:

The tool room has been unfolded and textured. I might add some ceiling lights and some tweaks here and there. Here is a comparison:

hb4E.jpg

The old version was pretty basic, just two boxes stacked on one another.

toolroom8.jpg

toolroom9.jpg

This is the new version which actually looks like "something". ;)

Don't worry about the sepia colours. The final parts will look like this:

1614611362841.png
:)

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Tool room unfolded, textured and ready for testing.

I was in a flow and have tackled the launch control room directly after that.

hb launch control16.jpg

It too comes with a detachable roof to allow a view inside.

hb launch control15.jpg

You may decorate it with various things, computers, racks, people etc. :)

You miss spelled 1:18 :animated:
YES - stupid me! I'M SO SORRY! You may give me one whipping for free. :blueface::blueface::blueface:

However, if you are willing to actually build this beast you will need a garage.

Just FYI:

Size:
1/50: 80 x 72 cm (0.6 m²)
1/32: 125 x 112 cm (1.4 m²)
1/18: 2222 x 1992 cm (4.43 m²)

Total page count (A4 / letter) of the
1/50 version: 90 (so far - without the launch stalls).
Double that for the 1/32 version.
The 1/18 would require slightly more. I suggest everyone who tackles this one to plant a tree or two for compensation.

Hold on, maybe this would not be too bad. We have freeware, shareware, donationware, why not plantware for paper models, too? (And no, I'm not referring to anything you can smoke! :hammerhead: :Grin: :smoker:)

Last edited:

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
Tool room unfolded, textured and ready for testing.

I was in a flow and have tackled the launch control room directly after that.

View attachment 192519

It too comes with a detachable roof to allow a view inside.

View attachment 192518

You may decorate it with various things, computers, racks, people etc. :)

YES - stupid me! I'M SO SORRY! You may give me one whipping for free. :blueface::blueface::blueface:

However, if you are willing to actually build this beast you will need a garage.

Just FYI:

Size:
1/50: 80 x 72 cm (0.6 m²)
1/32: 125 x 112 cm (1.4 m²)
1/18: 2222 x 1992 cm (4.43 m²)

Total page count (A4 / letter) of the
1/50 version: 90 (so far - without the launch stalls).
Double that for the 1/32 version.
The 1/18 would require slightly more. I suggest everyone who tackles this one to plant a tree or two for compensation.

Hold on, maybe this would not be too bad. We have freeware, shareware donationware, why not plantware for paper models, too? (And no, I'm not referring to anything you can smoke! :hammerhead: :Grin: :smoker:)

I like the idea of 1:18 scale! That would make for a most impressive diorama! I'm trying to convince Rhaven to turn his living room into a model room for BSG and Buck Rogers.

• Haha
Reactions: mijob

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I like the idea of 1:18 scale! That would make for a most impressive diorama! I'm trying to convince Rhaven to turn his living room into a model room for BSG and Buck Rogers.

Try to convince him to build everything in 1/1 scale, that would save me some time to do the maths! And he could move into that bay, park his 1/1 Vipers and TFs inside and greeble the heck out of them. ;):noteeth:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Try to convince him to build everything in 1/1 scale, that would save me some time to do the maths! And he could move into that bay, park his 1/1 Vipers and TFs inside and greeble the heck out of them. ;):noteeth:
Guys, that is a GREAT IDEA! NO!!!
Granted, my fiance does indeed support and encourage me in my hobby. However, not to that extent! Although, if I were to ever with the LOTTO, I would purchase an of air field that had a dirigible hangar and turn it into a SCI-FI museum with 1:1 scale fighters in it that one could look at and sit in. Unfortunately, that is nothing more that just a fading fantasy.

ennder

Jul 26, 2008
Guys, that is a GREAT IDEA! NO!!!
Granted, my fiance does indeed support and encourage me in my hobby. However, not to that extent! Although, if I were to ever with the LOTTO, I would purchase an of air field that had a dirigible hangar and turn it into a SCI-FI museum with 1:1 scale fighters in it that one could look at and sit in. Unfortunately, that is nothing more that just a fading fantasy.
HA ha...... with as low slung as the thunder fighter is..... you could get one of those little electric cars I see driving around everywhere and do the bodywork to it to make it a Thunder fighter. :bulgeeye: :noteeth: :bulgeeye: :laughrolling::laughrolling::laughrolling:

ennder

Jul 26, 2008
ha ha ha.... it has a valve that can redirect the steam onto Starbuck when he brings Cassiopeia there for a little "kiss and tickle"

Reactions: ASC Mclaren

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Will it be part of a hangar with a launch tube, or just a tube? I am also ready to assemble the same diorama.
This will be the complete hangar of the new BSG. It will be modular, that means you are able to build the whole beast or just certain key elements and combine them to a new config. The project started in 2013; the launch tube stall is the final element to be unfolded and textured. ;)

hb1.jpg

please tell us!!!!!!
Better - I'll show you:

launch bay 5.jpg

;)