Launch when ready!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
My dear friend @Rhaven Blaack is just testing the parts for the hangar bay in his own thread. In the meantime I have finsihed the maintenance platform. The build is fairly easy and consists mainly of laminated parts.

DSCF9535.jpg

DSCF9536.jpg

DSCF9537.jpg

DSCF9560.jpg

DSCF9539.jpg

DSCF9542.jpg

DSCF9543.jpg

DSCF9563.jpg

DSCF9564.jpg

DSCF9565.jpg

DSCF9553.jpg

It was a bit tricky to get the dimensions right because of the way the Viper is mounted on the rail. The mockup always stood on her own feet whereas the model is resting on the rail. Since the feet are slightly higher than the rail the model sits a bit lower than the original. So if you find the platform too high just reduce the size by 5 %. I promise, no-one will notice. And If I do I won't tell. ;)

Of course, you could add another 1mm of card to the bottom of the rail and achieve the same effect. :)

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Thank you all!:)

However, that size dilemma is still bugging me.

RB has found out that the height difference between the Viper sitting on the rail and the Viper standing on her feet is marginal. So the whole thing must be scaled down to meet the original better.

I have created three simple mockups, side views of the platform, taped it to a box and put it beside my first prototype Viper on the rail. Here are the results:

processed (14).jpeg

processed (15).jpeg

processed (16).jpeg

Both RB and I think that the 95% version comes VERY close to the real one, so I'll rescale the plans accordingly. As a side effect no-one will ever have to bother with the size from now on any longer. ;):)

d5j4vu

Apr 6, 2015
Hello guys. I just wanted to thank you for such a beautiful design. Also thanks to Rhaven. The work that you did is awesome. By the way, i know this because i'm building it, and man.... when i presented in place the wings... my face changed, a big smile come to me, right there i realise that your design is much better than i first realize.

Thank you.

I don't want to mix your work with my photos, so i'll open a thread about it.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
A small addition:
v3.png

These parts allow you to build the standard mockup version with steps and mini ladder and different ship markings (plain, Pegasus insignia and Starchaser variant). This is still a WIP. :)

Last edited: