Bandai 1/144th Millennium Falcon from SW, TFA

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Thanks to the cats and dogs, and no insurance for the past 2 years I am reduced to my prescription safety glasses... My regular glass were knocked on the floor one night, and my brothers dog chewed then to literal pieces. so I grabbed my back up pair, and last night, the same thing, cat knocked them to the floor, and in the night I got up to go to the restroom, and stepped on them, breaking the lenses.
Glasses.jpg

At least I had another pair... Grrr.
But because these are "Safety glasses", the lenses are polycarbonate, and I'm the one in 10,000 people who see the spherical aberration caused by polycarbonate vs acrylic or glass lenses. Ohh well everything has a circular twist now....

micahrogers

Staff member
Adding the greebelie pieces to the upper and lower hull halves in preparation of paint.
Lower hull aft "Thruster control arms added, also the battery cover installed. the cover plate would be easily removed to change the batteries in the Bandai light kit, but since I am using things I already have, it is glued in position
Millenium Falcon 079.jpg

Painting begins on the hull inserts for the upper hull half.
Millenium Falcon 080.jpgMillenium Falcon 081.jpg

and upper hull greebelies, "thruster control arms"...
Millenium Falcon 082.jpg

and aft greebelies
Millenium Falcon 083.jpg

micahrogers

Staff member
keeping busy while the paint dries... Nothing I hate worse than watching paint dry.

micahrogers

Staff member
Ok, asking for a vote here,
In the pic you see a sample on the left, circled in red, of Vallejo Model Air RLM 84 Blue Grey over the lighter grey surface decal. And a sample on the right, circled in Blue of Vallejo Model Air Curtis Grey over another decal of the same grey color.
Millenium Falcon 091.jpg

It might just be me, but the RLM 84 looks to be an almost exact match for this grey... But it is the darkest grey from the Starfighters paint set...

What do Y'all think?

micahrogers

Staff member
Dark grey color question...
This pick has all my darker grey paints over the decals of the dark grey panels...
On the left circled in red is TAP Ork Skin, and on the right circled in blue is TAP Primer Grey. These are the two closest matches to the darker panel color.
Millenium Falcon 092.jpg

I think the Ork Skin is the closest match here... Not a perfect match, but close.

micahrogers

Staff member
As always you are doing a great paint job. I wish I had these skills.
These skills can be learned, and most can be self taught. My main problem is lack of the proper colors, I just can't afford Archive X paints.

And I make mistakes, here is the video of my latest mistake.