What do you want to achieve in the New Year

guppyman

Dec 6, 2001
League City TX
www.railimages.com
1.) Finish building shelves in another room to hold all the Barbies/clowns/etc.. that my fiancee has collected. This will clear out the boxes on one wall of the trainroom.

2.) Finally go through the varios vcr's, old computers, various junk that I have collected that also fills up my future train space.

3) Have that garage sale and haul the rest of the junk to the trash....

4) WOW- I'll have a clean room to start with.... Start building modules.

5) Learn how to use my airbrush

6) Get a Digitrax Zephyr- (My b-day is in July... I'll start taking contributions now from any of you feeling generous)

7) Build a table to hold my daughter's new HO loop- maybe do some scenery in that awkward huge scale.

8) procrastinate- I do it so much anyways... I might as well plan on it.

Lemur

Jul 15, 2002
Yorkville, Illinois
Visit site
First thing is to evict the wolf spiders that have moved into a few of my buildings. :mad:

Second, I have to finish at least a few more buildings and situate them on the layout (along with the required scenery).

Once that is finished, I have to begin the framework for the rest of the layout along the walls of the room, then lay new track, make more buildings, scenery, etc….. :D

At some point I also have to finish converting all of the couplers for the engines and rolling stock.

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
I am going to attempt to scratch build a Grand River Passenger Interurban,,, may be two or three, if the first one comes out decent.
The big project later on is to scratch build a Illinois class C artic Motor # 1590
Now where are all my bits and bobs???:D and er time??

cpr_paul

Jul 2, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I am hoping to get the basement renovated so that I can start a new layout sometime this year. I've already started doodling trackplans...

Oh, and I guess I should get that Gauge module done...or at least started :eek:ops:

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
By the look of things, quite a lot of you have something special to achive in the coming weeks/months.
Lets see some photos when thing get going.
Shamus

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Hi Paul,
I only have two priorities for the new year,
1. To keep my job at the hobby shop (it's a ten minute commute, and I love the work)
2. To come up with, and execute an idea for an Ntrak module, and get it to Val's next summer.

Then, I'd like to build an On30 2-6-6-2, or an On30 2-6-0 + 0-6-2 "american" garret, Get some work done on the Warrenton 2-4-2, get sound in the HOn3 2-8-2, possibly get new frames built for the Arbour Models Allegheny, and get the new module set ready for show.
But, when all is said and done, I'll be happy just to complete another sucessful circumnavigation of the sun, and stay in touch with "the gauge crew".
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by sumpter250
Hi Paul,
I only have two priorities for the new year,
1. To keep my job at the hobby shop (it's a ten minute commute, and I love the work)
2. To come up with, and execute an idea for an Ntrak module, and get it to Val's next summer.

Then, I'd like to build an On30 2-6-6-2, or an On30 2-6-0 + 0-6-2 "american" garret, Get some work done on the Warrenton 2-4-2, get sound in the HOn3 2-8-2, possibly get new frames built for the Arbour Models Allegheny, and get the new module set ready for show.
But, when all is said and done, I'll be happy just to complete another sucessful circumnavigation of the sun, and stay in touch with "the gauge crew".
Pete
Thats the way Pete, stay happy.
shamus

shaywen

Dec 31, 2003
Visit site
My train resolutions...

- get all the platforms and scenery around Auggy Station done

- get the Shays painted and running

- put more thought into starting an N scale module... or two...

shaywen

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hiya Gang, this thread was started on the 27th December, its now the 14th January so what have you been upto, anyone made a start. As for me, I have made 25 - Tall timbers and re-painted the trackwork a muddy colour. Added foliage to various parts of the layout and made up a kit I got for Christmas.
Shamus

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Now that I have a better sense of the era I want to model I have done some sorting out and through all the "stuff" I have aquired over the years and know what I will not use. I will give some of it to the model train club here that is trying to get started. I am also trying to get a model railroad club started at the military school where I went to school. As soon as I get the green light and have some sort of idea how much space will be available I'll start an account for them to purchase in phases (benchwork/ track/ controls/ rolling stock / etc) I will try to oversee it enough to make sure my bucks aren't wasted, but the most important part is to teach teamwork, decision making, etc.

Bob

Lemur

Jul 15, 2002
Yorkville, Illinois
Visit site
1) Spiders living on the layout – Gone :D

2) More buildings for the current portion of the layout– This is in the works. I took a bunch of plans from various mag’s and transferred them to my growing stock of cereal board. Now I just have to start cutting all of them out.

3) I was going to begin working on the bench work for the second module. However, I quickly realized that all of my lumber that was cut to the proper table height when I built the first module, had been used for some other projects around the house. :mad: Unfortunately, layout money is tight so this will have to wait a while.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I have been going through some old issues of MR and in the Oct 1987 John Armstrong included an article called "Meet the Mushroom" Joe Fugate then wrote about the mushroom in the Jan 1997 issue of MR. He then showed how he built his mushroom layout in the Feb 1997 issue. The idea of the mushroom intrigued me very much and so starting this year, I am converting my MAT layout to the Mushroom method. So far, I have built a raised floor section and am now making up a bunch of L girders to get on with it. Will take some photos of my progress a little later. Have any of you tried the mushroom method yet?

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by Matthyro
Have any of you tried the mushroom method yet?

Isn't that like illegal in 42 states and Canada?:p

Sounds ambitious, please keep us posted. Me, this Christmas I was blessed with several classic craftsman type kits so I'll prolly spend most of my time huffing the aroma of 30-year-old basswood and wondering which one gets done first. Then I gotta design a module that incorporates them into it. Gonna be a fun spring....

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Paul,, I started building my first 64 scale ft Grand River Railway Interurban. Still stuck on the paint job before I can do anything else with it.
Going to buy the right paint scheme this week. I may have to go with checker board front instead of tiger stripes.;)