Gauge - Layout Party

Tileguy

Well i did manage to get some work done on my backdrop. 3 8' panels are in place,2 painted and 1 section has the backdrop images attached. Pictures to follow just as soon as walmart gets me the right camera dock grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Not much to report...

Again, I am the delinquent...! :eek:ops:

Not much progress on the layout, but I did spend all Saturday at a meet and touring layouts. Got an invite to run trains next weekend. Got some nice complements on the buildings, etc, I have been working on. Learned a lot about the history of railroading in Ottawa, and about the width of road right-of-ways.

Not a complete waste of time, but no progress on the benchwork... :rolleyes:

My motto is "why do today what you can put off until tomorrow" ;)

Andrew

shaywen

I didn't get as much done on the Shays this week, but Lightbender picked up some primer for the metal, so that problem is solved. The Shays are in many pieces and I'm about to give them a good wash.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Got some more done :) The tower is finished & the braces for the Testle are done, but not stained. Pics of them later, but here's 2 of the water tower. :D :D

Attachments

• tower07.jpg
    tower07.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 101

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Here's one of the Climax waiting for the LPB's to fill her up!! :D

Attachments

• tower05.jpg
    tower05.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 87

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
I made good progress on the M.A.T. this week as I got all the backboards in place and painted as well as starting on the Ouimet Canyon.
Now as we shouldn't post duplicate photos that are already posted elsewhere you will have to go HERE to see them.

Skunk Valley

Progress Happened

Hey EightyEightFan !!! Things are looking up already. (For those who are "NASCAR Challenged", Dale Jarrett driving number 88 won the Bud Shootout race last night.)

Now to the progress... Main Line track laid on the foamrail end modules, wired and tested. Only had one problem area that was cured with a quick application of Dremel cutoff disk. So of course I had to get out all the trains and run 'em a bit.

Plan for the week: Install the sidings and get them wired. Since I'm doing this in DC, that means adding a few more DPDT switches. I'm also hosting the local club this week, Tuesday evening. That'll take up a few days for cleaning, adjusting, setting up for an ops session, etc. Thus, I'm not planning to be too ambitious....

TrainClown

And so the basement moves ahead. I got the drafts sealed up with some expanding foam. Carted out 4 big boxs of trash. Collected up three big garbage bags of pop bottles.

Put a new long handle on a broken shovel so now it dosen't brake my back to shovel heavy snow.

And on it goes.

TrainClown :wave:

C

Catt

Well I'm a wee bit late posting anything here ,but I've got a fairly good excuse.I barely got anything done last week cause I got a cold really kickin my butt.The only thing I really want to do is sleep but working for a living kinda stalls that .

I did manage to get two more pieces of track done.

There's still a chance that I'll reach my goal if this cold goes far far away.

Anyway its good to see some progress being made even if it isn't in my basement.Keep on keepin' on folks.

shaywen

ShayPainted004.jpg

ShayPainted019.jpg

This past week, I put two coats on the Shays. I think the flat black makes a big difference to the appearance, but they will be in Auggy Railway colours when they're done, so stay tuned. I got most of the wipers made, but then I ran out of thin wire. I have more now.

This coming week I need to finish the wipers and put the trucks together again, and make sure they're running well. I also hope to get some airbrush practice in before I attempt to paint and weather the Shays.

While I'm here, I wanted to say thanks to Lightbender. Not only does he put up with me hanging out at his place and running my new monstrously huge diesel locomotive all over his tracks, but he also did all the assembly on the 3 truck, and did a great job of it too. His help and encouragement is greatly appreciated. The 2 truck was put together by myself and my partner, who is not yet on The Gauge, but gets the highlights through Tony and I :)

shaywen

spitfire

Progress Report

Due to a financial shortfall :cry: I have had to postpone the construction part of my plans for a couple weeks. So, rather than sit idly I decided to work with what I already have, and got into detailing the interior of a corner luncheonette, which you can see here
The best news is that I got my camera back from the repair shop, so I'm good to go.

Val

F

Fred_M

I built another water tower, worked on trailer lights, worked on a bigger water tower, and worked on some relay boxes. Some of these items I already posted pictures of elsewhere. I also paid a visit to my LHS where I hadn't been for a month. Purchased some old magazines, a couple cars I didn't need (they were on sale), and some Campbells brass light shades. I am gonna try and make some pole lights with them and some 3mm white LEDs. While at the LHS I armchair built for about 4 hours. We watched a video about Japenese railroading and made fun of it. I dug through a box of junk and found an old Lionel HO frame for a F unit. I also noticed that I saved little detail stuff for later use in "the perfect spot" and I now have three boxes of detail/leftover/extra/ parts that are in a box waiting for that perfect spot when they should be on the layout waiting for that perfect spot. So I'm going to start a curio and odity shop (junk yard) and pile all my detail parts in there and "sell" them to my LPBs just like Fred Sanford. I'll get rich. FRED