Attachments

• relay box.jpg
    relay box.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 75

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I've been reading this entire thread, & this is so cool! :cool:
Great job everyone!:thumb:
This has been my major area of concentration lately...this is (or will be, eventually) the town of Glasgow Jct on my N scale Poor Fork RR layout...

Attachments

• mvc-013f.jpg
    mvc-013f.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 63

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by Charlie
I've been reading this entire thread, & this is so cool! :cool:
Great job everyone!:thumb:
This has been my major area of concentration lately...this is (or will be, eventually) the town of Glasgow Jct on my N scale Poor Fork RR layout...

Nice looking Buildings - Really cool!!!!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Skunk Valley

Nov 5, 2002
Middle Georgia, USA
Visit site
Weakly Progress Report

Should have said "Weekly progress," but weakly felt more appropriate. I did lay the track for the sidings. Since the Peco turnouts are power routing, I was able to try them out. But I still need to wire them properly. so add that to my "to do" list for this week.

I suppose that next thing may be working the terrain a bit. I'll add some more blue foam and start landscaping the modules a bit.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
This past week I started laying cork roadbed and did a bit of scenery too. All this on one side of the upper level of the mushroom. For those that haven't seen the photos already, please go here to see them. This coming week I hope to get more done in the canyon. Lights, foam sub roadbed and maybe some cork roadbed in place.

C

Catt

Well for the little bit of time I managed to invest in the layout this weekend I got a fair amount done.

I'm deep into the switching area right now pulling track and turnouts and insulating the turnouts properly and installing power drops .

If I had known the differences between the two tpyes of PECO turnouts I would have ordered the Insul-frog turnouts when I started building this layout.(they are DCC friendly)

Anywho its beginning to look like I will acheive my goal by the 28th. :D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Well, I'm still working on Glasgow Jct...
I'm using pieces of cardboard, foam, & Sculptamold to make this road, running out of town, & up a hill toward the backdrop...

btw...I'm calling this State Road 88, in honor of my fellow 'Gauger' eightyeightfan1 :)

Attachments

• mvc-016f.jpg
    mvc-016f.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 133

Skunk Valley

Nov 5, 2002
Middle Georgia, USA
Visit site
Last Update from Skunk Valley

I've been trapped into another business trip next week. Just reviewed the opening posts of the party, and noticed we're near the end, so this will be it for me.

To review, I've laid the track, wired the FoamRail modules, ran trains, and ran more trains. Since running trains and more trains took more time than anticipated, didn't get around to ballasting the track. Oh well, I made some progress and enjoyed the party. Let's do it again this spring.

As a footnote, looks like the first opportunity to publicly display the modules will be 30 April - 1 May. With a deadline like that, suspect I'll have the modules somewhat scenicked by then.

C

Catt

Well this is the end of the fifth week of our little party.I have about 7 more feeder drops to make before I can run and connect the buswire.

I could have gotton more done today on the wiring but took some time to play by painting some of the rail.The first time I p[ainted the rail I used roof brown,but this time I am using SP Pacemaker gray which to my eyes more closely resembles rail colour here in West Michigan.

I'd like to report that the GVR is on time and will be running by next Saturday (2-28-04),but I won't till it is running by next Saturday.(2-28-04) :D

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Perth & Exeter

I don't think I'm going to get the cars repaired.
Aside from distractions like moving my Mother-in-law to a new room and attending funerals, I was told to add some coarser scenery to the removable section.
I also scratchbuilt a fence (30" of it). 3 bar white fence of plastic strip, and it went quickly once I made a jig -- drew the basics on foamcore, stuck pins in to align the strips (and hold the foamcore to a bit of foam insulation), then chop the uprights in my Chopper and glue.

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
I'm almost done in my basement, almost ready for paint.

In the mean time I was fooling around with 3rd PlanIt and got things as far as I think I will take them. My puter is an oldie and can hardly mannage the file size and now it takes forever to do anything on it.

So here is the saw mill shelter, the basic tressal, and a few Climax.

Attachments

• full logging 1.jpg
    full logging 1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 80

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
So this is what my layout should look like, but with buildings and trees of course. I think I shall make the lake and the town site on the upper hill lift out. This way I can get to the back for detailing.

That's all for now.

TrainClown

Attachments

• layout at a glance 2.jpg
    layout at a glance 2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 83

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
The Ouimet canyon is taking more time than I thought it would. Got the skyboard up and painted and installed the lights. I have glued foam sub roadbed in about 70% of the canyon.
I have also been gluing cork roadbed to the upper section of the mushroom and have it 99% done. I also did some frame work for the logging area. I need a 28 inch bridge for the upper level so have started a truss bridge which will be built out of cardboard.

It's good to hear about the progress you all are making.:) :) :)

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
25 "1:1" feet of 5/16" Dowel ----- $27.00

43 "1:1" feet of "G Scale Lumber" --- $38.25

370 HO Track spikes (Black) --- $3.50

32 Ounces of Walnut Stain ----- $2.02

3 "wire wheeled" fingers (Ouch) -- No Charge

6 weeks of work --- Ouch...Ouch!!!!

Having 4' Of Hand Made, Self Designed, Trestle on the G gauge Layout --- Priceless! :D :D :D :D

It's 1/2 Finished!!!! :eek: :eek: :D :eek: :eek: :D :eek: :eek: Just waiting for the glue to dry! :)

Those of you that know, I've had some Bad Karma these past 5 weeks.... otherwise, it may have been finished! :(

4 More feet to go!!!!!!!

Attachments

• g007.jpg
    g007.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 66

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
What I did get done of the second half. I've built the "front side" of the next trunion top & bottom sections. :) The Quarter is there so you can see just how long it is.

The top arch can be seen in the next picture, in place. The bottom section has it's glue drying :D

Yes donations of "wood clamps" will be greatly accepted!! :D :D :D :D :D These are all I have :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• g004.jpg
    g004.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 117