Gauge - Layout Party

F

Fred_M

My goal for the week is to do some research on a hotel and grist mill and to work on my dollar store trailer upgrades. The upgrade includes trying to make a mold to cast 10.00X20 semi tires/wheels. I also need to work on being more tolerant of others and "dog-gone-it people like me" (smiling at self in mirror). I also have to make a 600 mile road trip to go to my dad's funeral. He died Saturday at 83 after a long illness. We are gonna take my wife's truck and I noticed today that her plates expired in September of 2003. I guess she's a good driver, she hadn't been caught. So I had to go get plates after I paid the overdue property taxes, got it inspected, and went to the insurance company to get a replacement card for the one that's suppose to be in her glove box but wasn't. But perhasp I'm sharing too much with you people. FRED

spitfire

My goal for this week is simple: to do the other half of the scenery I meant to get done last week. :rolleyes:

Val

C

Catt

My goal for this week is to survive till Friday with out killing my boss ,and to hopefully get something more done on the layout.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
More work done - another bent for the trestle & more on the Water Tower

G004.jpg

C

Catt

Well I'm no artist but here's the current track plan for the Grande Valley RR.

gvrplana.jpg

I at least got this part done :D

Skunk Valley

Progress Report

Survived my trip this week. Visited a little hobby shop with the intention of buying enough Micro Trains couplers to convert a Pacific and passenger cars. Shop didn't have the recommended couplers for the cars. Oh well....

Mainline track is down on the two modules. Hooked up enough wires to run a few trains. No derails, dead spots, etc !!! Hard part now will be continuing work instead of "breaking in" various locos and rolling stock.

Plan for the next week: Cut and install some insulators to isolate various track sections. Wire it up properly. If time permits, start adding several sidings.

N Gauger

Herrrrrrr's the Water Tower - The Roof & Base are finished, now on to the details!! :)

Attachments

• tower3.jpg
    tower3.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 88

N Gauger

Here's the next to last Bent in this section, starting to be attached to the others. The Climax is "Stress Testing" the new work. :D :D :D

Also, right above the bents are the new Facade (3 balsa strips) to simulate wooden supports for the track.

Attachments

• bents.jpg
    bents.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 79
C

Catt

Aside from the trackplan drawing I got very little done on the layout this week.

I did find out what changes are needed for Peco Electrofrog turnouts to make them viable for DCC usage.This will slow me down a wee bit.

Got a cold trying to kick my butt ,but it is moving real slow doing it.Hopefully I can get more done this week than last.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Well I finally finished the Griswold Hospital (see scratching and bashing)
Work on the mushroom continues. Backboards are up on 95% now. Have to go out and get some more masonite.
I have started on the yet to be named canyon where the track will climb from one level to the other.
The track climbs steadily at a 2% grade from one end to the other then completes a loop over the staging track area then continues climbing back along the canyon until it reaches the upper level. It takes 75 feet of track to climb the 18inches. The roadbed is about 80 % comlplete.

spitfire

This week a lot of my free time seemed to be devoted to shovelling snow - we had about 16" over a 2-day period! When I got back to my current project, detailing the interior of a corner luncheonette, I found my back protesting at bending over my workbench, so.....

Took my camera in to be fixed after an unfortunate accident. Should be ready in a couple weeks - and I am suffering withdrawal big-time.

Found a place on the layout for the brewery building and have decided on a name "Laschinger" after my mom's family (who were teetotallers but nevermind! :D :D :D ). Designed a logo for it.

Made a sign for the side of a building which I am going to print to decal paper. I have created the graphics with bricks showing through on the actual artwork as I find scraping decals does not give me the look I want. I actually scanned the side of the building so I could get the right bricks.

Figured out the gradation in height from the industrial area to the city section and bought supplies for creating same. I plan to use foamcore for the upper level covered in spackle.

Got the rest of the DPM modular bits for a generic factory building.

Here's the new logo for the brewery - may also do a decal for a truck from this artwork.
lasch.jpg

And here's the sign for the side of the building, with the original shot for comparison.
milgrom.jpg

milgromO.jpg

Val

F

Fred_M

What I did this week, I got up, went downtown to look for a job, then hung out at the drugstore all afternoon. Worked on my trailers which is posted in HO and built a watertower which is posted in scratchin'. Went to dads funeral in nothern Indiana and froze my arse off. FRED

Attachments

• water tower.jpg
    water tower.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 129

TrainClown

Good News at Last

I got a good start on my basement and that makes me very happy. I fixed the leaking pipe which was the cause of great sorrow. I carved two puppet heads for my dad and, yes, it is true. I actually got the kitchen table cleared off for the first time in five months.

So progress has been made this week. :D

TrainClown