Drive by Shooting: Lafayette NS Yards

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
TY Chris ;) The Saturday shots really show hte track work. I plan to work on those and post 'em tonight. I have a few more Sunday shots to post here showing the switchstands and a gondo dump pit.

This is about as far in as I go, for fear that I will not be invited back next weekend. I'm standing under the overpass that I drive over and shoot from during the week.

Attachments

• 600.jpg
    600.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 39

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Just for giggles, this is the road I walk down into the yards, were lookin' South now. At the far end of the photo is a crossing, which is near my house, and is where I shot the first photo's for this thread from. The yard lead extends 1/2 mile past the crossing, and used to be the main line through town, but not the old Monon route that ran down the middle of 5th St.

Attachments

• 614.jpg
    614.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 43

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Gondo drop pit, as promised. I'll bet they'd poop a brick if they saw me around that hole! I have a pic from the side somewhere, the pit itself. Sometimes it's full to the brim, sometimes empty. Haven't seen any MOW stuff around for months and it's been empty, so I guess the tracks are mostly in good shape now.

Attachments

• 616.jpg
    616.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 42

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Someone's dad's gunna be mad when he see's that hammer all rusted.

I thot it might make a nice souvineer, then I thot, better not. So I thot I'de move it out of the shadow and shoot it, then I thot better not even touch it.

Attachments

• 618.jpg
    618.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 46