Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger B.

Oct 2, 2005
Watkinsville, GA
Years ago when our daughter finally moved out on her own she asked me for one of my handguns. One of the questions she asked was "How many times do I have to shoot to stop someone?" My reply, "Till its empty."

She is the least redneck looking woman around, yet she took defensive shooting lessons and was the only woman. Her hands were even used in a handgun ad. She also has a black belt in one of the martial arts, took the classes for exercise.

Moral - watch out what blond who you attack near Balt., it might be her.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is 43 deg and headed to 60 with
Blue Clear Sky's

IT's great to see the Sun two days in a row and being the weekend.:cool:

Great day to travel to a trains show (Medina Train Show for buckeye boys) :thumb:

Testing O27 track and how long of a car can run on it
47b5ce09b3127cce955e0147f23500000016108IZMmrFwxbA

47b5ce09b3127cce955e020f33d400000016108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
wave.gif
Good Morning Everyone !
wave.gif
Should be a great turn out for the Medina show! Nothing I hate more than to miss a good train show
frown.gif
. Hope Tom finds some good deals, he usually walks right up & gets em' ! If he sets it back down , I buy it !
biggrin.gif
All have a nice day, thanks, John

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning gang. Back from early Church [new pastor we are calling today] and Sunday School. Warming up today. Was chilly last night and early this AM.
Gil, NRA all the way. :thumb: Got my Concealed Carry Permit. Have a good one and God bless all.

Roger B.

Oct 2, 2005
Watkinsville, GA
Gil, if it was the Burlington, not the Burlington Northern, they are hard to come by. It took me close to a year to get one. In that time I only saw one other up for bid. Like you I put in a fairly high max., list - shipping = max. Luckily mine also came in with a bit of a savings.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA

where the temp is 48 and headed to 64 with overcast skies

Happy Halloween

What a great time at the Train Show yesterday. OTTS had plenty of members present.

GregM and his wife Karen came up and brought a new member. Ed, Charlie, and Norm were there. I brought a new recruit. We meet Dave and pick up some of his outstanding telephone poles (pics later). I worked last night to put them on the layout.

I pick up a great deal on a diecast car, some telephone poles and a few hot babes, who will be seen in up coming pics. Charlie was working a deal on a new MTH engine.

IMGP1407s.JPG

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning gang. Wow, Tom your Halloween layout scared me. :rolleyes: Great job as usual. Chilly here this AM but going into the 70's with lows in the 40's for several days. Bet it will be in a big shock going to MN this weekend. Was when I went to OK. 80's here and 50 there. :eek: Probably 30's or 40's in MN for a high. :eek: Have a good day and God bless all.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Hey guys.... how many kids came by? We only had two.

Our lots are to large and far apart for the kids around here to walk the block. They must hit the old neighbor hoods and the apartment complexes.

I was showing Bubbtte Johns' pic and the layout at the club meeting on the pics Spanky Bird posted a few pages back. I wanted her to see the shelving.

She said John looked distinguished although she may have meant EXstinguished, :D.....

Well fellows, I best get to work on that bowl of candy bars so they wont go to waste. ( maybe I should say waist...my waist, if I eat all that sugar:cry: )

You guys drop in my little forum why dont you?

I get a nickle for every one who buys a fake collage diploma from the web site advertised on there or post on to the Korean bride on line marriage site, ha ha ha ...just kidding ;)

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA

where the temp is 56 and headed to 62 with over cast skies :(

Gil - we had only about 50 kids stop by last night. The local Fire dept has a party and so does the school. It really keeps the kids off the streets. :D

Last night we finish puting the new poles on the layout. Boy they look great. :thumb: I am going to have to pick up a few more of them. :cool:

Here is a new car that I pick up at the show this past Sunday.

47b5ce10b3127cce95483f93e65500000026108IZMmrFwxbA

47b5ce10b3127cce95483d0ce6cb00000016108IZMmrFwxbA

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
:cry: Take me with you Chief...I need to be one water on last time:cry:

Tom, I marveled at your old time cars and trucks on your home page layout pics, you have a great collection. I need a few for my cola ...coal..layout when and if I get it built.

I am drooling over that coaling tower still.

I am going to build a Backman kit and kit bash it. I got one ebay and I think make a scarch built one later or rather a Coal Tipple.

Yesterday I was at the dr.s office all day and it was a perfect day.
Today it will 65* but it is cloudy and may rain. I have an hour of housework ahead of me I am putting off and i want to shoot my bow in the back yard.

You all havea good day now.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Gil it must be the time change. I know my butt is draging tonight. :sleeping:

Most of the cars / trucks that is on my layout is Matchbox "Models of Yesteryear". When Matchbox was making them, they offered two seires of "Age of Steam" sets. I have both and also they had a seires of old Firetrucks from arount 1900. I also pick them up.

I most likey have as much in my Diecast car collection that I have in my trains.

DSCF1989s.JPG

DSCF2078OLs.JPG

DSCF1994s.JPG

DSCF1900c.JPG

:thumb:

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I though all Match Book cars were small.

Those look like 1:43.

I have a few Dicast Direct cars and trucks.

how long have you worked on your layout?

Gil, Matchbox made some 1:43s. Their 1:43 Models of Yesteryear are a bit harder to find now. I don't think they're making them anymore. The K-B Toys at the mall near me had a bunch of them on closeout, up to about two years ago, but they closed. I started buying a car a week, but I only got about half a dozen of them before the store was gone.

You can still find them on Ebay, but you'll pay a collector's price there. I haven't found another reliable inexpensive source for 1:43 pre-war cars. 1950s cars are easier to find. The kids today don't want to play with old cars. They want new cars. So it's hard to find old cars in the toy aisles.

Status
Not open for further replies.