Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pennman

pennman Member

Hey guys, been a cold hard weekend here in TN... hasnt broke 40 all day..BRRRrr..
    Goy a bunch of stuff done this weekend have the laundry room ready for paint and trim, plumbings done, now for the rest of the kitchen???

Question for anyone who can help? I'm looking for either a scanner or a service that can convert my photos to Cd's. I have albums that go allthe way back to PennCentral and the God awfull take over of Conrail...
    Letme know
    Thanks
    Tony
  2. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

John - The HO layout is at the Museum. It is 4 main lines, 16' by 45' long. The same layout also has 3 main line 'N' scale on the inside and above the HO layout.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. cedarcreekrr

cedarcreekrr Member

John
    I ran them around a small track to make sure they work, but I am waiting to get my layout done to really run them.
  4. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Thanks Tom & cedarcreekrr. That is a nice layout. There are four layouts at the Museum? Must have a lot of train nuts in the area to build, maintain & run all that.
  5. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

John - as of now, the Museum has working layouts in

HO - 16' x 45' , 4 main lines
    N - inside the HO and above it, 3 main lines

O gauge Tin plate layout, 12' x 8'
    O gauge large layout, E shape, 65' x 25', will be 3 main lines. 3/4 of the frame work is complete. This is where I set up the temp layout for Christmas.

S gauge above the O gauge - coming along very slow, work in progress.

Lego 6' x 8' just for kids

On3' switchback layout - we just recieve it.

For those who don't know, the museum is 'The Western Reserve Model Railroad Museum' in Mentor, Ohio www.wrmrrm.shutterfly.com

:wave:

We will also be adding a 8' x 12' interurban layout in 'O' scale

6. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Very impressive layout shots there Tom.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/29/2007

Live Conditions 6:18 AM

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 28°F
    Humidity: 76%
    Dew Point: 22°F

So Far Today
    High: 29°F
    Low: 28°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 0mph NNE

High: 55 °F
    Low: 28 °F

Today High: 55 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 40 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain in the evening... Then chance of rain after midnight. Not as cool. Lows around 40. Light and variable winds becoming east around 10 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Bacon and eggs for me today.

[​IMG]
  7. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Cool layouts, sounds like a lot of work.:thumb: :thumb:

Morning all, bout 13, going to stay there, supposed to get windy 20-30mph, out of the north:cry: . Not doing much today, cleaning up around the layout. Going to pick up some track and switches + roadbed on Thursday in Fargo. Going to pay the extra price and save on shipping + I have to be there anyway.:D

Hope everyone has a great week.:thumb:

Rick
  8. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Cold here but not like at Tanker's. BURRR:cry: Good day to stay inside and do train work. Wind chill is bad too. Warmer tomorrow. Frankie [son] called last night around 10:30. He was a few miles from me. They were trying to get a guy to surrender. Had run his family off with rifle. They had gotten commitment papers on him. Sheriff's Dept was working on talking him out. Do not know what happened. They might have gone in and gotten him. Frankie is asleep by now. I hope!!! He is one a the few Deputies that has a cage in his car. If they didn't have to shoot him, he would transport. Anyway, he said it was snowing "up a storm" here but not sticking as ground was warm. Stay warm.
  9. pennman

pennman Member

Rick, thats not funny sending that 7 deg down here this morning to cold!!

Man thats a nice layout wish we had something like that around here,seems we just can never get it together.
    This is a military town and everyone comes and goes fast lattley.

Well going to try and get some more stuff done
    yall have a nice one,
    Tony
  10. brakie

brakie Active Member

Good Morning all! :wave:
    Not much to report from the land of frozen Buckeyes..Its 14 degrees and this is the coldest its been this year.
    I really long for Spring so I can take my daily walk "rest" at the T&OC station watching trains or perhaps sitting in my car having a cup of coffee while reading the latest issues of MR,RMC,CT,R&R or NSR between trains.IMHO it doesn't get any better then that.:thumb:
    I have no plans today other then staying warm by kicking back and reading MR and CT in my laz e boy chair...:D

I shall have a cup and look over the forum.
    Have a nice day all! :D
  11. conrailmike

conrailmike Member

Afternoon everyone! Not much warmer here in the Mitten state, 20 degrees out and sunny. Nothing on CSX this morning except a signal maintainer doing his thing. Larry, I know how you feel about springtime, except I won't have to walk anywhere to watch trains - I can just sit out by our pool and watch the 3 or 4 daily CSX trains go by as I read the latest issue of MR or whatever I happened to have at the time. I do wish the line was busier than it is.

Have a good one....
  12. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

It is cold as hells frozen lake up here in Bergoo.sign1
  13. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Just gonna be more layout work for me today. I've got a bunch of drywall compound to cover with shellac.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/30/2007

Live Conditions 5:42 AM
    Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 38°F
    Humidity: 93%
    Dew Point: 39°F

So Far Today
    High: 45°F
    Low: 41°F
    Rain: 0.06"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 7mph NNE

High: 49 °F
    Low: 38 °F

Now through 06:15 AM CST January 30, 2007

High: 52

Through 6 AM...patches of light and occasional moderate rains advancing east can expected across much of the region as well as the adjacent coastal waters.

Today High: 52 Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of light rain. Highs in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds becoming northeast around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 32 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

I'll have the pancakes today.

[​IMG]
  14. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, bout -8, much better than -30.....have to go to Fargo today, VA appt. Going to stop at the dive shop on the the way and the hobby shop while there.

Have a good one!

Rick
  15. conrailmike

conrailmike Member

Morning everybody, cold here in MI this morning, 19 degrees and snowing. Gotta help a friend lay ceramic tile today, if I get a chance, maybe a trip up to Flint to Ryder's Hobbies just to have a look at things. Haven't seen any trains yet today, maybe later. Have a good one....
  16. brakie

brakie Active Member

Good Morning All!
    Not much to report from snowy Buckeye land other then wind and snow.
    After lazing around yesterday and reading my magazines I feel the need to do some modeling.NS is having a slow day..
    I suppose the best thing about January is:its about over and Spring is getting closer. :thumb:

I shall have a cup and look over the forum..

Have a nice day all! :D
  17. pennman

pennman Member

Morning all, Cold as hell again, cant wait for spring to come!

Rick, Good luck at the VA, I hate goingto that place.

Well guys meet a major mile stone today the laundry room is finished(almost) going to laythe tile this weekend and then its done!!!

Then I can do somemore work on the layout room YEHA!!!
    MOMMA HAS TO BE HAPPY FIRST!!!
    Yall have fun now,
    Tony
  18. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Afternoon all. Been busy booking hotels for coming travel season to Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's. Now for lunch. Warmer here today. Have a good one.
  19. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Greetings, our weather is any thing but warming, global or otherwise.

I have been building modle kits, reefers and hoppers all week and am looking for a dozen more from the mail man.

I tried to buy several wood sided 40 foot coahes with no luck, the guy after make a very good offer stated they all needed couplers and trucks or something but the price was right. I think hr grew tire of my q&a and blew me off.

So I am still looking.

The UVA Med Center called this week and mention the possibilty of liver tumors. What next, Jesus!!!

The want a local ultrsound done but I dont have the 20% co payment now. I guess I will begin trying to convince the VA to do it.
  20. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Greetings, our weather is any thing but warming, global or otherwise.

I have been building modle kits, reefers and hoppers all week and am looking for a dozen more from the mail man.

I tried to buy several wood sided 40 foot coahes with no luck, the guy after make a very good offer stated they all needed couplers and trucks or something but the price was right. I think hr grew tire of my q&a and blew me off.

So I am still looking.

The UVA Med Center called this week and mention the possibilty of liver tumors. What next, Jesus!!!

The want a local ultrsound done but I dont have the 20% co payment now. I guess I will begin trying to convince the VA to do it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.