Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

You are close, it was made by Ford,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also have several other Edisels

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some say that I have as much money in my 1/43 cars as I do in my 'O' :rolleyes: Gauge trains ! :D

The last one is made by Franklin Mint. I don't remember who made the wagon, but you can pick it up from DiecastDirect. And yes, these do cost a little more than $5.00 eacch :cry:

:wave:
  2. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

I think she liked the cake. :)

[​IMG]

No train gifts for birthday but we got her a Rudolph Train for Christmas.
  3. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Tom, Nice Edsels, you posted them at the same time I was posting. I never knew Franklin mint made 1/43 cars.
  4. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

I never knew the Edsel was made a station wagon. You learn something new every day.
  5. brakie

brakie Active Member

Good Morning All!
    Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes..Its fairly mild out this morning and the temp is 37 with calm winds.Once again NS living up to that old adage "Run 'em till they drop"..I been up since 7:30 and NS is averaging a train every 20 minutes.

I was in the process of adding screws to the Athearn coupler boxes on the cars I plan on using during our up coming open house and I realize I need to order some..The only reason I am doing this project is because the club rule 15.1 under freight car operating rule 15 states "All cars use during public shows must have the coupler box held on by a screw yadda,yadda etc".Silly rule anyway.

Tonight for supper I am going to have "mulligan stew" made with fresh frozen veggies with beef cubes with pan bread..

I shall have a cup and look over the forum.

Have a nice day all!
  6. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Cute!!! Glad she liked the cake :) :) Hope you all had fun!! :D :D :D
  7. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Nice Edsils....:thumb:

Mikey thanks for the schedule:thumb: :thumb: ! They will be in Stillwater MN in early Aug! And yes its in writing that the ball and chain and I are paying:D .....we think that this year it will be just a mom and dad (both work so a little special time with the boys is good:thumb: ) affair and next year it will be papa's turn.

Rick
  8. cedarcreekrr

cedarcreekrr Member

Rick here is the picture of the 2-8-8-2 I also included MTH K4 and Broadway limited 4-8-2 that is the start of my steam locomotives for the Cedar Creek RR. I told my wife that I need 12 more locomotives to fill the roundhouse she didn't agree.:cry: now all I have to do is get the basement done so my benchwoork can start.

Attached Files:

9. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Really great looking piece of equipment there!

Rick
  10. cedarcreekrr

cedarcreekrr Member

I finally get to use my snow blower today, very unusual for Northeast Indiana to wait this long to get a nice snowfall.
  11. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Snow blower???? What is that?? ;) Few drops of rain here. going into the 50's today. Cooler tomorrow. Being lazy. Got to get moving. Wife wants to go to a movie. Have a good one.

Hey, need a top of the line printer [photos like professional too]. Go to Epson site and get into clearance section. Get a R340. Limited number left. $69 and free shipping. Recommended by buddy in the business. Got one and it arrived in three days. Set it up yeaterday. OUTSTANDING Prints from computer [regular printing and photos], CD or chip from digital camera.
  12. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. Sunny and cool today.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/28/2007

Live Conditions 7:19 AM
    Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 36°F
    Humidity: 76%
    Dew Point: 34°F

So Far Today
    High: 51°F
    Low: 41°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 24mph NNE

High: 49 °F
    Low: 28 °F

Today High: 52 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 28 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s. Light and variable winds.

Eggs Benedict today please.

[​IMG]
  13. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Good Morning all, -11, bit nippy. Snow??? Snow Blower??? Whats that??? For Mn very poor snow year. Haven't had to plow/blow the drive yet.

Chief enjoy your movie.

Rick
  14. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Tom, close, but no cigar...My ol' man had a '59 Merc station wagon & looked pretty much like that (rear end)...Had room enough to fit all 9 of us kids...!!! I'm going to take a look in that site, see what I come up with...

Low 50's here - may get up to 1/2 60's now the sun is coming out...

Have a good day all...!!!
  15. brakie

brakie Active Member

Good Morning All..
    Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes except we have snow flurries and about a inch on the ground..NS is rather slow today after being busy yesterday.
    I will be going to the HO club this afternoon and maybe finish a mini scene or just gab.
    I shall have a cup and look over the forum.
    Have a good day all!
  16. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Good Morning All from NE Ohio
    where the temp is 28 deg with a light dusting of snow. More to come toight. :cry:

John - Franklin Mint made 3 seires in 1/43 scale, the 50's , and the musles cars of the 60's - 70's and some from the 1910 to 1920. I have the first two. There was about 12 cars in each seires. at 55 to 65 bucks each, well you know. Each car has over 100 parts to each, opening doors and hoods with detailed engines.

Here is one of my favorite

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here is a '59 Ford Skyliner. The roof even goes into the trunk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cedarcreekrr - One of my friends has the MTH K-4 and loves it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :wave:
  17. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Where is all the snow and ice they tell us abaout nightly?
  18. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good afternoon guys,

After early church we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Very good, complete with grits and sausage gravy. Mmmm.

cedarcreekrr, Nice rooster of steamers, have you run them yet, or waiting for the layout to be completed. I have seen the MTH K4 at shows, They had it running at York in October, very nice. I have heard some of the old timers in HO say they would never buy one, but I think they are in the minority.

Tom, Sounds like O gauge is not the only hobby that can get expensive. They are very nice, but I am too cheap to spend that much on cars, except maybe one that has some special meaning for me. That looks like a very nice HO layout, is that in your friends home or a club layout.

Working on some layout project here, Jean is off to a baby shower for a grand niece so I have the day to my self. Building an office for my stock yard cattle dealer and more flat car loads.

Cold, around freezing and cloudy here. More of the same with chances of snow for the rest of the week.

Enjoy your trains.
  19. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

hey guys, just came back from frezzing weather w/ fluries while on a trip to Johnny's Toy's for their big railroading event. I tell you, it was awesome:D ! Also watched them launch rockets (Estes) and got some 3 inch EZ track peices which will help in parts of shortness, and a 9-inch snap track peice and some cork roadbed&balsa wood for the layout. Micro Sol was also obtained:cool: After that we went to Perkins for lunch and then headed home. And It's only 4:00!:D

Happy R&Ring:thumb:
  20. conrailmike

conrailmike Member

Afternoon everyone! Not much going on here in the Mitten state. Flurries and it's 20 degrees out. So far only one train today on CSX, usually at least 3 on a sunday. Just paid for an ebay puchase, another autocarrier to add to the collection. Nice to know that I don't have to get up 4:15 am all this coming week due to layoff time. Apparently nobody likes our cars, imagine that..... Have a good one.....

Mike
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.