Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtanker

Mikey, I'll invite you to visit up here when/if it gets cold this year.....kinda waiting for the normal -30 to hit first! I can tell you about many mornings walking out to start the car when it had warmed up to + 5 or so and being very pleased at how warm it was!

Rick

jefelectric

Hey guys, how about the detail on this train?

Jean made a train cake for our soon to be 4 year old granddaughters birthday party.

47b7df07b3127cce8141b90881d700000016100QYtmrhwzYsU

Of course it is a chocolate cake.

Gil Finn

That is scupous looking.

What is he getting as to presnts, any train toys?

balloon6 bounce7 train97 balloon6 bday1 bday2

steamhead

A train & chocolate cake all wrapped into one...?!?!?? I'll take a slice ANYTIME...!!! Your granddaughter will surely have a Happy Birthday...!!!
balloon6

pennman

jefelectric said:
Chief, Now it is getting cold enough for me to start eating grits.:D I do mine in the micro.

Keep warm and enjoy the trains.

John,thats just not right!:curse: GRITS in the micro, you know your north of the Mason Dixion when you hearstuff like that, Or we will just give you sugar with that tea!!

Mike, nice to see you again thought you fell off for a bit.

Rick No thanks been there done that -30 not again,thats why I livein the south.
Yall have fun,
Tony

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is 38 deg and will be falling with snow on the way. :rolleyes:

John - I have to agree - sweet treat and trains too :thumb:

Chief - tuff it up ! No wonder why you guys lost the war! :D

We have been on the road alot for work still, only get time to do the forum on the weekends :curse:

47b7df38b3127cce8124b769377c00000027108IZMmrFwxbA

:thumb: :wave:

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:

Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/27/2007
Live Conditions 7:25 AM
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 46°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 45°F

So Far Today
High: 48°F
Low: 43°F
Rain: 0.02"
Rain Rate: 0.04"/h
Gust: 5mph E

High: 57 °F
Low: 38 °F

Now through 08:15 AM CST January 27, 2007

High: 60 Through 8 AM...showers will continue to move northeast at 35 mph across the area. Some of the stronger showers with moderate to heavy rainfall will move between Port Arthur and Kirbyville to Lake Charles and De Quincy to Ville Platte and Oakdale. Rainfall rates with these showers will be around one quarter of an inch per hour. Over the coastal waters....showers will move northeast at 30 knots between High Island and the lower Atchafalaya River out 60 nm. A few thunderstorms will also be noted 50 to 60 nm offshore between Sabine Pass and Cameron. These thunderstorms along with some of the showers just off the coast between High Island and Marsh Island to 20 nm offshore will produce moderate to locally heavy rainfall with visibilities below 2 miles.

Today High: 60 Rain showers. Highs around 60. Light and variable winds becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 38 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

This morning, I want an omelet with all the fixings.
omelet.jpg

oldtanker

Morning all, I'll have freach toast and bacon I think! Its about 3, supposed to get up to 10, going to be like that the next couple of days then warm back up to the 20s.....spring is right around the corner!!!!

The other half and I were talking and have decided that if that Thomas thing that everyone has been posting pictures of come back to Duluth or the twin cities this year we are going to give my son the money to take his boys. They both love trains!

Have a great day everyone!

Rick

steamhead

Hmmm...That omelet looks like a day's worth of calories, carbs, and all the rest...Goood...!!!

Tuffin' it out in the mid 50's here...

Tom, love your oldies cars. Is that a Merc station wagon about to run over the cuties??? Where do you get all these cars...???

Have a good one.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
oldtanker said:
Morning all, I'll have freach toast and bacon I think! Its about 3, supposed to get up to 10, going to be like that the next couple of days then warm back up to the 20s.....spring is right around the corner!!!!

The other half and I were talking and have decided that if that Thomas thing that everyone has been posting pictures of come back to Duluth or the twin cities this year we are going to give my son the money to take his boys. They both love trains!

Have a great day everyone!

Rick
Now you're in trouble sign1 sign1 I found the Schedule for A Day Out With Thomas :)

http://www.thomasandfriends.com/usa/parents/dowt.html

Dont know whats close to you - but we have it in writing that it's "Your treat"!!! sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1

spankybird

OTTS Founder
steamhead said:
Hmmm...That omelet looks like a day's worth of calories, carbs, and all the rest...Goood...!!!

Tuffin' it out in the mid 50's here...

Tom, love your oldies cars. Is that a Merc station wagon about to run over the cuties??? Where do you get all these cars...???

Have a good one.

You are close, it was made by Ford,
47b4cf35b3127cce9b0e84a867f200000017108IZMmrFwxbA

47b4cf35b3127cce9b0e9a40e62500000017108IZMmrFwxbA

We also have several other Edisels

47b4cf35b3127cce9b0e878b274800000017108IZMmrFwxbA

47b4cf35b3127cce9b0e9a60e60500000017108IZMmrFwxbA

47b4cf35b3127cce9b0e9ac4e6a100000017108IZMmrFwxbA

Some say that I have as much money in my 1/43 cars as I do in my 'O' :rolleyes: Gauge trains ! :D

The last one is made by Franklin Mint. I don't remember who made the wagon, but you can pick it up from DiecastDirect. And yes, these do cost a little more than $5.00 eacch :cry:

:wave:

brakie

Good Morning All!
Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes..Its fairly mild out this morning and the temp is 37 with calm winds.Once again NS living up to that old adage "Run 'em till they drop"..I been up since 7:30 and NS is averaging a train every 20 minutes.

I was in the process of adding screws to the Athearn coupler boxes on the cars I plan on using during our up coming open house and I realize I need to order some..The only reason I am doing this project is because the club rule 15.1 under freight car operating rule 15 states "All cars use during public shows must have the coupler box held on by a screw yadda,yadda etc".Silly rule anyway.

Tonight for supper I am going to have "mulligan stew" made with fresh frozen veggies with beef cubes with pan bread..

I shall have a cup and look over the forum.

Have a nice day all!

oldtanker

Nice Edsils....:thumb:

Mikey thanks for the schedule:thumb: :thumb: ! They will be in Stillwater MN in early Aug! And yes its in writing that the ball and chain and I are paying:D .....we think that this year it will be just a mom and dad (both work so a little special time with the boys is good:thumb: ) affair and next year it will be papa's turn.

Rick

cedarcreekrr

Rick here is the picture of the 2-8-8-2 I also included MTH K4 and Broadway limited 4-8-2 that is the start of my steam locomotives for the Cedar Creek RR. I told my wife that I need 12 more locomotives to fill the roundhouse she didn't agree.:cry: now all I have to do is get the basement done so my benchwoork can start.

Attachments

• pk23.jpg
    pk23.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 25
  • mth12.jpg
    mth12.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 25
  • bw.jpg
    bw.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.