Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good afternoon,

Cold and windy again today with snow flurries. Temp was 18 this morning, haven't looked since.

Spent the morning wiring a new coffee maker at the church. Supposed to start tomorrow at the TCA Musuem doing volunteer work two days a week. Hope I can handle it, haven't worked a full day in years. :) Told them I'd give it a try.

Got my latest ebay purchase via UPS. Two Tropicana reefers, a REA reefer & a CP stock car. All are scale size Lionel.

Gil, wish you well with your health problems.

Tom, Thanks for the museum info. Should really be nice when everything is up and running.

Chief, Where are you staying in Harrisburg.

Tony, You are moving right along with your project.
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Oh yeah???? Ya coming anywhere near PA??? The cabala's is about 1.5 hours from me :) Always looking for an excuse to go :)
  3. C&O Steve

C&O Steve New Member

Is that the new one at Wheeling?
  4. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, bout +7:thumb: almost spring:thumb: :thumb: .sign1

Didn't find anything good at the hobby shop yesterday:cry: . Think I'll head to the cities or over to Duluth next week, only about 8 hrs round trip:curse: .

VA appt went ok, gotta bunch of test coming up.....guess they are thinking about doing something with my neck:rolleyes: . They give me lots of interesting durgs too:D .sign1

Have a great day everyone:wave: .
  5. conrailmike

conrailmike Member

Morning everybody! It's COLD here, 10 degrees out! BRRRRR! Didn't get to Ryder's Hobbies yesterday, plan on it today though. Have a good day!
  6. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning. I'll have a cheese and musroom omelet today and a bit of orange juice.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/31/2007
    Live Conditions 5:59 AM
    Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 29°F
    Humidity: 74%
    Dew Point: 27°F

So Far Today
    High: 39°F
    Low: 35°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 8mph E

High: 46 °F
    Low: 33 °F
    Today High: 45 Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 40s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.
    Tonight Low: 40 Cloudy with rain likely. Lows around 40. Northeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of rain 60 percent.
  7. pennman

pennman Member

Chief, you coming to Nashville? That store is almost asfun as the hobby shop.

Rick, thats the awnserto the VA give us drugs and keep us stoned and we willbe happy!!!
    Ya right NOT!!!

This isnt funny anymore it is 8 deg out right now and they are calling for 2+ inches of ice and snow tonight.

Yall have fun,
    Tony
  8. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning. Been busy booking flights for this year. Now off to Dr's Apt. Cold here. Maybe some Yankee snow tomorrow. :cry: :rolleyes: Emperior of the North is on AMC. Again at 6 AM tomorrow. Later
  9. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up, Chief...Is this Eastern time...?? Got to get that one on tape...:thumb:
  10. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Tony I've been saying that for yearsannounce1 , VA only interviews patients after they have been given meds so they always look good cause the patient can only respond with "yea man" "cool man"!

Are they treating you ok??? Yea man!:rolleyes:

How is the Va hospital??? Cool man!:rolleyes:

sign1

Rick
  11. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Evening all,

Cold and windy here all day today, outside as little as possible. Put in first day at TCA Museum entering catalog data in spread sheet. Just about have the USA Trains catalogs for past two years memorized. Never realized that they make such a wide variety of items in 1/29 scale. Most of their locos are available in 2 or 3 road names. Nice stuff.

No train activity here today.

Keep warm,
  12. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, about 0, going to be around 9 for a high. Still haven't had much snow around these parts, very dry year for Mn.

Going to be running again today with grandkids to preschool, then to fargo to pick up one of my sons for the weekend (supprise bday party for my wife, 3 sons and 1 daughter are going to be able to make it!). Have to go to Home Depot for more plywood and sheet rock. Only need to get 20 sheets of sheet rock amd 5 of the plywood.....but I should be done with the worst of the tear out (old plaster&lath and blown in insulation) sometime late next week.

Picking up some flex track, switches, road bed and ballest today too!

Have a great day everyone!!

Rick
  13. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.
    Today is shopping day, so I'll be in and out during the day. And I'm getting my new camera today.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/1/2007

Live Conditions 6:19 AM
    Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23 ​

Wind Chill: 38°F
    Humidity: 95%
    Dew Point: 39°F

So Far Today
    High: 41°F
    Low: 39°F
    Rain: 0.09"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 6mph NNE

High: 52 °F
    Low: 37 °F

Now through 08:00 AM CST February 01, 2007

High: 50

Through 8 AM...a broken line of showers will be found across the coastal waters, between Marsh Island and the Atchafalaya Bay. You can expect a moderate rainfall, which will reduce the visibilities to around 3 miles. Isolated showers will be found elsewhere across the coastal waters. Otherwise, patchy fog will be found over south central Louisiana.

Today High: 50 Mostly cloudy with rain likely. Highs around 50. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 38 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Lows in the upper 30s. Light and variable winds.

Let's keep it simple today. I'll have French toast.
    [​IMG]
  14. conrailmike

conrailmike Member

Morning everybody! Another frigid morning in MI. Received my ebay purchase yesterday and I made it out to Rider's H.S. in Flint. My 3yr old wanted to buy everything she laid her eyes on, funny thing is, I think I did too! I found out that they have a 90 day layaway plan though! I told the wife that and I got the usual eye roll :) Have a good day...
  15. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

good morning! hooray for no school! you guys may remember it hen you have to sit on that bus after standing in the frezing cold wind! you cloths are so cold that burns when you sit down...
  16. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Showing hard here. Street is covered except for wheel tracks. Suppose to turn to rain. Tanker, how do you do anything outside when it is cold like you have? HAd a big breakfast and now time to play trains. Have a good one.
  17. pennman

pennman Member

Those cold school days, Yeap remeber those well! Standing at hte bus stop whatching the snow fall and waiting to hear one of the parents yell school is closed go home.

Nothing here in TN,we had snow and ice last night. Justenough to screw everything up but not enough for me to say the hell with work..Bummer

Going to stay cold forthe next fewdays and calling for snowflurries and ice over the next few days thats about it.
    Yall keep warm now,
    Tony
  18. cedarcreekrr

cedarcreekrr Member

Twenty years ago I use to like the snow days, but now we have to makeup days missed. The 2 hour delays are a much better option, you at least get to sleep in. This year we have only had one 2hr delay. :cry: I can only look foward to Feb. 19 when have no school because it is used as a makeup for a snow day.
  19. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

ironically i'm out of school because we just finished our finals, and for whatever reason, the teachers need a day or 2 to get ready for next semester. I'm not complaining, lol.

I think my favorite time i had off was when it was an absolutely beautiful friday, and they cancelled school in anticipation of horrifying hurricane weather. it was great, because people where confused, and kids were just standing around at other bus stops. ironically, the bad weather didn't come until monday, when we did go to school with 3 tornadoes in the state and horrifying storms. that fact that my bus stop was under the tallest trees on the street did not make my day.... lol. we got stuck in school until 5 PM that day.
  20. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Chief, we dress really, really warm to work out in this stuff! We have to be really careful, at 0 frost bite is a real issue and at -30 breathing too fast or deeply can damage lungs. You see guys up here removing snow wearing full face helmets to protect themselves from the cold. I have a cab on my old Wheel Horse garden tractor that I blow snow with. I'm not alone with that. A few years back an elderly couple left home to go visit friends. Their car died about 300 yards from their house, she made it half way and he got within a couple of feet of the door. This stuff up here can kill you, no joking around!

Playing with the cold is as dangerous as playing on train tracks!

Rick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.