Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, you're right, chilly... right now I read a bit under 50° and it probably won't get too much over the mid-80's later on...:D :D

Now you know why I have spent all these years in the Phoenix area, we're finally making up for those 115° days we have a couple of months ago..sign1 sign1

Oh, and we now have a steady stream of RV's and trailers clogging up our roads right now with plates from Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, NY, Minnisota, Ontario. We call them "snowbirds", an annual migration from up north usually taking place to destinations like Florida, S. California and Arizona. :eek:

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Yes, turned cooler and cloudy. Got email upgrading me to the big seats on my flight back too. First Class is not bad. :thumb: Off to Ft. Myers FL at noon [flight at 2:15]. Bass Pro Shops Grand Opening. Got one more on the schedule. Nov 16 Omaha NE [cold] Cablea's Grand Opening. Then a break. May not do anything until second week in Feb. [Orlando]. Start the Spring Bass Pro circuit. Maybe I can get my layout done. Have a good one.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Woke up today and it's 34 Brrrrrr :( Only 3 weeks 'till Thanksgiving... Malls are all decorated for X-mas....

I can sum my attitude up in 4 letters and a pcture:
T. G. I. F.

donuts2.jpg

lionelfan

Nov 3, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
Hello from NE Ohio. 27 degrees at 5:30 AM. Westside has light dusting of snow, the eastside had lake effect snow of several inches.. Winter is here for next 6 mos or so... Time now to work indoors on layout and some model cars...

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Cold and clear.

I bothched up a paint job on an engine shell today.
Ratz!!! wall1

Cheap materials and poor preperation.

Otherwise it is a wonderful world today.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I went into McDonald's today and ask for a cup of coffee, 2 sugars and with out creme. The girl went to I suppose her boss and several times they looked my way as the spoke.

In a few minutes the manager came out and said "Sir we dont have cream, would it be all right with out Milk?"

What next?

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Alright Yanks, you left the door open. Flew in late last night from Ft. Myers where it was int eh 80's to frost on the vehicles in the lot at the airport. Should warm up some this week. Great flights as upgraded to First Class. Home for a few days and not suppose to go out until Nov 16 to Omaha NE. :) Off to Sunday School. Have a good one.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Today is a little trainm show in my home town a few minutes drive from here.
It will be the first time out in the car for more than a month and the second time out of the house.

I hope I got the engery to get back.

Later guys....

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Morning. Pretty but cool day. Off to run errands. BTW: while in Ft. Myers my National Rental had satellite radio. Track 4 is 1940's music and news. They announce a passenger train leaving on track 4 and then give the names of the cities it stops in. Pretty neat to hear the old passenger dispatches. Later

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
We just bought a new vehicle that came with a six-month subscription to Sirus. I'll check it out, not that I plan on paying for it once it has to be renewed. Something about actually paying to listen to the likes of Howard Stern does absolutely nothing for us. :rolleyes:

In the meantime, I get to enjoy a great fall week here with temps forecast to reach between the low to high 80's all week. It's been a nice fall so far, the A/C hasn't kicked on for almost a week now, and it's still nice enough not to turn the heat on either. :thumb: :thumb:

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Good news then, enjoy your car.

I expect they have more than Howard. I heard he isnt working out as they had hoped.

WE have a week of 70* weather forcast for west central W Va all week.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Hey I beat "N" here this AM. Got runny nose. Cold right now. Cloudy and might rain but suppose to hold till this evening [I hope]. I'm off to work the polls for friends. Chat later this AM [being relieved for a while]. Have a good one and God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.