Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I have kept my Legos in one big box. Everything is still there. These are one of the two things of my childhood I will never let go (the other being Kenner Star Wars action figures, of course ;) ) .
between my mom loosing her house after my dad died, and me loosing my house, I have nothing from my childhood... so when I can afford to, I buy things again. Drives my wife crazy.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I hear the weirdest stuff. Anyone ever been told about the crystals in your ears that move around inside your head and affect your balance and are affected by head trauma or even fevers or illness? They can be re-adjusted back into place and boom- your vertigo is gone.
????????????
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) | Johns Hopkins Medicine

Yes. I had it twice. Once on an afternoon right when I was doing my homework, 27 years ago. It started on 03:30 PM and lasted till 11 PM. I had the impression that everything around me was spinning. Because it was a Sunday no doctor was available, so all I did was go to bed and hope for the best. I was lucky that it disappeared without further intervention. The second time it happened last year on a Monday morning right after I woke up. This time I had to see a doc because it was pretty severe and I had to take the day off from work because of it. I was treated immediately. They ran several tests, blew cold and warm air into my ears to see if my eyes started to spin. Nothing helped. Then the doc came, put my head with both hands and moved it in a special way. The dizziness disappeared almost completely but returned shortly after he stopped. He ordered me to stay at home for the next two days and gave me some instructions I had to follow: Sit on the bed, let your upper body fall on the back, turn the head to one side, put your head in the neck and get your upper body up again, stay there for a second and repeat. That worked splendidly. The dizziness disappeared and I was ready to resume work again.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
My PT said it was changes in density in the fluid inside your inner ear, and certain exercises re mix the fluid. 2 weeks of these exercises fixed my vertigo, but a year later, it's showing up again. I've been doing the exercises again, and it's working.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I got lazy and stopped doing the exercise after a few days when I did not feel dizzy any longer. When I saw the doc again he told me he had expected me to continue throughout the three weeks till the next appointment because it would lose its effectiveness otherwise. He also told me that his male patients ALWAYS act like that. Once they feel better, they stop exercising. His female patients were more obedient (in that respect ;) )... I apologized and continued after the appointment, just in case..! ;)

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Reactions: spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
What a great find!

It reminds me of the set design model that I believe Matt Jefferies made for the Great Bird.

This was how the original Trek series was laid out on the sound stages, back in the 60s.

What a cool idea for a paper model.

Who did this? Its a real match for the original set design; color and all!

This is the Matt Jefferies I believe!

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I wouldn't mind if some of us here went in on working on it, Ron Cauldillo has made an excellent bridge, and sushi bones and Dwhale seem to be very capable, also Rawen, if we all got together on scale settings and picked out sections then polished them together, we might pull it off for Mego figures or perhaps Army men sized sets. Also, a shuttlecraft to scale with it would be nice.