Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I tore the lights out and am going to build Wulf111's next. still sick with a sinus infection. The dry air out here is kicking my ass.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
You aint kidding! The air gets exceptionally dry out here in the winter, as the water in the air freezes at night. So I get a runny nose and then inside my sinuses the skin tears open or clogs up and settles at the bottom of my sinus cavity and starts an infection. they make these crazy flushers, that irrigate inside your nose, sometimes it feels like a bad toothache, but it's sinuses. was able to get back to work on some things, I'm waiting for a clear head to start back on Ron's 1701 with the black light blocking backing. I want to be aware when I print those.
This rombop is another mistake im going thru with.

100_1776.JPG

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
You aint kidding! The air gets exceptionally dry out here in the winter, as the water in the air freezes at night. So I get a runny nose and then inside my sinuses the skin tears open or clogs up and settles at the bottom of my sinus cavity and starts an infection. they make these crazy flushers, that irrigate inside your nose, sometimes it feels like a bad toothache, but it's sinuses. was able to get back to work on some things, I'm waiting for a clear head to start back on Ron's 1701 with the black light blocking backing. I want to be aware when I print those.
This rombop is another mistake im going thru with.

View attachment 181945

Hope you get better! I'm sure you'll get that separation problem fixed soon enough.

Sky Seeker

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I'm thinking of using a thick wire to be a lip on the hull seams for alignment.
Compartments seem to make things line up the best, on the rom bop, the top cabin compartment, a tail fin gutter a quarter inch deep, the side hulls in a frame kind of thing, with a top and bottom separate plate, and wings that have a tung/slot affair.
On the pylons, having them rolled first and then attached, with tabs covering the wing to cylinder join, glued in place, then seal the rolled cylinder along the seam, eliminates light leaks along the join.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden

Thick chicken soup can be helpful! ;)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I'm still alive! Didn't get the CV, just busy doing mundane stuff, and a few things while I wait to completely get over this flu/sinus infection. Knocking out some easy projects, and ready to print out the RC's enlarged 1701 with black reverse print on the back side for light blocking. will post some pics soon. Everybody stay save during all this quarantine !!!

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Fix on the tear drop grills- the frames around the outside needed to be put on. I testify that if you enlarge a model, it will become accumitively more misaligned as you enlarge it. on the next biggie Spindrift I make I will crayon the edges. Next fix? blue line around the bubble socket up top, and then the grills by the view port. The entire tail has to be redone too. BUT HEY! I MADE A STUDIO PROP SIZED ONE! Have wanted one since 1967. Remember what I said about me wandering around the wash with this under my arm, stopping pedestrians about the reward for little people? LOL! Lt. Kobek would probably just take it from and tell me good citizens don't ask for rewards.

Finally over this sinus infection and basic flue. exercising now and getting back on my feet, only --QUARUNTINE!-- no where to go. I still have all these durned paper models tho...:Coffee:

100_1784.JPG