M4A4 Sherman VC Firefly, Halinski 1:25

snake7

Thank you!
Well, i don't think it is the best one, but i try my best :rolleyes:

... and suddenly I noticed that there were no more paper parts for the engine. There are only a few tubes and levers left and that’s all!

First, I bent connecting pipe between the radiator and the water pump, which poured cold water into the pump,
accelerating it into five blocks. I took a wire with insulation of a suitable diameter.

YsvD4Z.jpg

And then I had to connect the throttle levers to all five carburetors,
But I was worried that later it would interfere with the alignment of the carburetors when connecting the distribution pipe from the filters.
So I did the opposite - first I glued the pipe and aligned all five carburetors, and then I added levers. For a while I felt like a jeweler :-D
Along the way, here and there I broke some parts and glued it back. The whole unit has become very fragile in the hands.
Also added fuel hoses leading from carburetors to fuel pumps.
I did it from scratch because the developer didn't plan it in design. (Now you can definitely start this engine! :))
The last two details - the upper connecting rods between the radiator and the engine and ... the engine is ready!

Welcome - Chrysler A57 Multibank!

nsecCt.jpg

kmmNWT.jpg

9ShwlK.jpg

HJZpuf.jpg

htjUQu.jpg

7eunxu.jpg

R4eW0G.jpg

Now I take a breath :)

Last edited:

subnuke

Banned
Everything looks squared-up nicely, which is very hard to do. I'm sure you will really see how your work is when this thing connects to other parts of the model. Good work.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Watch the Video Snake7 posted, that takes this engine to another realm. :)

snake7

Thanks again

Well... back to "boring" stuff ;)

There are few more parts left to finish engine compartment.

Fuel tanks and side screens - assembling is easy, though parts were given in a "hardcore" no tabs way, as must in this high level model :)
So I joined edges with super glue gel, except the final part with long line, where i used method with inner tabs, that i cut by myself from remaining paper. This gave me easy way to close the tank with just UHU glue.

d3GELt.jpg

VSHepY.jpg

r5ZPcC.jpg

uOsY8P.jpg

Glued to its place + draining hose (probably)

sMICVS.jpg

6lp8hb.jpg

And one more thing - rear mesh. Cut it from mosquito mesh, preliminary fixing it with paper tape on drawings.
Painted it, put a frame on and into place

vAN7VY.jpg

9YxSlX.jpg

hd9kys.jpg

x4NNGd.jpg

WtPQbq.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Woohoo! Thank you fallas! I really appreciate your responses :)
Didn't think it will bring so much impact. Just trying do build this monster
All of the time, effort, energy, and work that you have and still are putting into this project is really paying off in how it looks and how everything is turning out!|
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!