M4A4 Sherman VC Firefly, Halinski 1:25

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Everything looks clear, clean, and crisp! You are doing a GREAT JOB!!!

Boris

Oh boy... That is awesome.
Snake, if I would have a hat I'd have taken it off.
What glue did you use for gluing manifolds? Will you colot the manifolds or or this is how they'll be?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I did some research on those engines. They're worth a fortune, if you can find one. Some interesting YouTube videos about them. I'd love to have one of those engines to play with. That's one thing threads like this do, they teach about things that would otherwise remain unknown. :)

snake7

Oh boy... That is awesome.
Snake, if I would have a hat I'd have taken it off.
What glue did you use for gluing manifolds? Will you colot the manifolds or or this is how they'll be?

Part white, part super glue gel. Depends on the situation. I try to use more white glue, because you can reposition parts and it is cleaner one.
I didn't understand last question. Did you mean color? They already colored from print

Boris

Part white, part super glue gel. Depends on the situation. I try to use more white glue, because you can reposition parts and it is cleaner one.
I didn't understand last question. Did you mean color? They already colored from print
Regarding the last question I meant recolor. You have answered it

snake7

Thank you all!

I continue to equip this miracle of engineering.
Next in line are ignition distributors, idle rollers and ignition coils

First of all, the base. There are also several types and one even comes with a fuel pump.
So you need to keep track of where to glue each one

QNVOYg.jpg

cimPf3.jpg

ZZ7G6y.jpg

Then the rollers. And why they are useless - in the previous version of the engine, they turned water pumps,
but due to poor flow distribution and problems with such a solution - in this version 5 pumps were replaced by
one in the middle with the distribution pipes for each block (you will see in the future) and the rollers were left without work
Therefore, there will be no connecting belts

rqBCF1.jpg

IjLdWS.jpg

pWuk4y.jpg

Ignition Distributors - those simple

N0yLZg.jpg

jHMb4K.jpg

ztcAPp.jpg

And the ignition coils. Here, too, you need to pay attention to direction of attachment. On each block it is in its own way
5su3nl.jpg

NSlGt8.jpg

E9A43Y.jpg

And everything is attached to the engine

x00jqm.jpg

On a side note, I would like to share my impressions of Halinski paper.
On the good side - a paper of convenient thickness, it is well cleaned of glue and glued strong together.
On a bad one, IMHO - it is not possible to bend sharp corners normally with drawing a bend line from the inside (from the outside it ruins the paint)
Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to cut parts into pieces and glue edge to edge.
Also, when twisting small parts - the paper is stratified.
I compare it against paper from GPM and old Halinsky.

Another note - there are details that are given on thin paper for dense twisting.
So it seems to me that the calculation was to twist them by a robot into a super dense, with no minimum clearance in the middle, tube. :-D
Otherwise, it is not possible to enter into the desired diameter with given length. It is necessary to constantly trim and adjust to fit.
Again IMHO.

I'm going on vacation, but stay tuned!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Micah, you took the words right out of my mouth. That engine is amazing. I spent hours reading on it. They are worth a small fortune if you can find one. Great job. This is a wonderfully built tank model. :)

snake7

Big thanks to you, guys!
Appreciate your feedback.
I'm back from vacation.

Next is the gearbox.
In fact, it's just 5 shafts with five engines connected to the main shaft by gears.

There are not many parts, but overall it looks interesting

ORRJkm.jpg

yAmsZO.jpg

Gearbox is ready.

hHjIce.jpg

And attached to its place

KIBEpk.jpg

fGmN2q.jpg

And that's how it looks inside :)

chrysler-a57-multibank-gears.jpg

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
These engines could blow out a bank of cylinders, and by removing a gear, keep the rest going. Your model of the engine looks awesome!! :)

snake7

Thank you Zathros and Boris

I'm entering chapter with scratch build parts :)
Now it is water pump.
As I wrote earlier - in the first version there were 5 of them, one for each block.
But it turned out to be not effective and therefore they designed one central pump, which distributed
cool fluid throughout each block through 5 tubes.

QX8TqD.jpg

I made tubes from solder of suitable diameter and painted black.
The pump has already been fixed in place (care must be taken with direction of all exits)
and then I noticed in the drawings that under the tubes are passing synchronization cables between ignition coils.
I turned to shape those cables from the same solder of a suitable diameter and installed them before pump tubes.

nFEZX2.jpg

ZisXke.jpg

x2HgGh.jpg

Then I carefully attached the tubes, each in its place with drops of super glue.

Kib3WQ.jpg

NfGueg.jpg

Last edited:

Dagger

Magnificent work Igor, that engine if you put it on an easel next to the tank would take a lot of attention. Impressive.

snake7

Thank you guys.
Boris, regular acrylic paint. Water colors, that I use as my prime paint, don't lay and stick on solder.
As a matter of fact, acrylic paint hard to stick as well, but I managed to paint it eventually.
I'm not good in painting technics, but there is not as much parts to mess with, so I didn't invest in it. :)