Blackadder's Imperator Titan Build

Blackadder

Thanks for the replies.....

Now It Can Be Told:

eLje0ftl.jpg

After a month hiatus where I spent the time duplicating the upper works previously accomplished I am approaching the point where the four bastions are ready to have the surface sheets applied.

t0LlSiPl.jpg

I took it on myself to spare my erstwhile readers the agony of enduring repetitive exposition and bit by bit gluing that which was previously documented ad nauseam.

kvUFLCAl.jpg

So this is where we are on the superstructure and I have to say I am elated that this is finally approaching completion, component wise that is; there is still a load of detailing to do!!!!

8xilcXFl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackadder

Now It Can Be Told:

eLje0ftl.jpg

After a month hiatus where I spent the time duplicating the upper works previously accomplished I am approaching the point where the four bastions are ready to have the surface sheets applied.

t0LlSiPl.jpg

I took it on myself to spare my erstwhile readers the agony of enduring repetitive exposition and bit by bit gluing that which was previously documented ad nauseam.

kvUFLCAl.jpg

So this is where we are on the superstructure and I have to say I am elated that this is finally approaching completion, component wise that is; there is still a load of detailing to do!!!!

8xilcXFl.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You have single handily raised some companies stock value in the medium you are working in. This is fabrication at it's finest. Truly something from raw stock. :)

Blackadder

Wow, it has been some time since I worked on this project but over the past week I've finally felt well enough to rekindle my interest in completing this effort.

As some have perceived I may have contracted the Corona virus but I couldn't be tested for sure as yet. Today I am going to be tested for the presence of Covid 19 antibodies.

Hh5qHUdl.jpg

Anyway over the past week or so I've made some inroads into how to proceed with the superstructure and begun to make the base for the rear pair of towers.

Also for scale I've included the Skitarii figure and one of the decorative statures I ultimately plan to incorporate in the towers.

aNZQPpLl.jpg

Without going back to view the last developments I posted regarding the interior engineering levels I've included this as well.

Blackadder

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Glad to hear you are back even if in a diminished capacity! Hope all is well and stays that way!!!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
First off, I am glad to see that you are still working on this project!
Secondly, I hope that you have not contracted COVID-19. I how that you are staying healthy and staying strong!
Third, you are always welcome here! Your work is AMAZING and awe inspiring!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Blackadder

I just went through my images on page 3 and 4 of this thread and all the photos are missing? What's the problem????

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I just went through my images on page 3 and 4 of this thread and all the photos are missing? What's the problem????

Recently, the forum was sold and then moved from Tapatalk to a new version of XenForo. During both the selling and the transfer, quite a bit of data was lost and not able to be recovered (to include photos and resources). I am sorry.

Blackadder

First Time Together This Year:

Toppling damage has been repaired. Blackadder is on the mend. All's right with the world and today is the first time I am putting this all together for a progress report. TADA!

First I am finally confident I have solved the problem of the superstructure so here is the solution.

The egg crate structure at the rear of the deck can be shifted back as needs be but it will form the base for the rear superstructure components.

Y6RhhcKl.jpg

The blue boxes simulate the height of the rear components above the front components. It was there that I had the problem and now we can proceed with the structures on the deck. There will be a cathedral roof between the two rear towers and the huge main gun will protrude between the statues.

Ht6FCh9l.jpg

Here's a side image.

Ia5lUxel.jpg

And a left side image aerial view.

abIubGWl.jpg

Ho hum you say; what else is new......

It's a surprise even for ME!

Blackadder

Are You Ready For This:

One of the first things I built for this Titan was the Plasma Cannon. Quite possibly the coolest weapon conceived by GW/FW and I chose this for my Emperor Titan.

VIZTmxKl.jpg

Of course I had no idea how big to make it and it has been one of my main concerns whether it was too big or too small for all these years until yesterday as I write.

Yesterday with the Titan in one piece for the first time this year I decided to bite the bullet and hang the weapon on the mount arm with the following result.

fiBcKXJl.jpg

Kswc1Dgl.jpg

r22XPNzl.jpg

V2xYYqZl.jpg

In all I'm quite pleased with the result.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I guess you don't read any other parts of the forum as everyone else knowss, we almost lost the forum completely. We have a new Benefactor and there will be more changes, but he got screwed from Sanjay, and took everything he could off of the server, as it go so corrupted, even the software stopped working. Such is life. You can keep informed if you read the "Site News" occasionally and get a little big more involved in what's going here besides your model, which is freaking excellent, by the way. Our Benefactor's name is Darious, most of us Thanked him already for deciding to keep this forum which has not made him a dime yet. So nothing is set in stone. I believe he will be pulling advertisors, which will be a good thing. We could just disappear one day. ;)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
WOW! This thing is COLOSSAL!!!
I knew that it was huge, however, I did not realize just how HUGE until these last photos! You are doing a PHENOMENAL JOB on this project!!!

Blackadder

My VAB:

Behold my new Vehicle Assembly Building

Dedicated to the Emperor Titan in all it's iterations, I've grown tired of this thing toppling when fully assembled.

The VAB has an open space floor to fourth level ceiling of just over 51 inches 130 centimeters.

QCnoIG3l.jpg

XtS0CWkl.jpg

Lxzw6hhl.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
It's awesome all the way around. If you left that in a public place, with lights flashing, someone would call Homeland Security!! :)

Blackadder

The Superstructure towers in the rear needed to be raised in my estimation.

Using the waffle lens material I made a structure that should do the trick.

This is wonderful stuff to work with. It makes building bulky objects a simple task with no real measuring as the 1/2 inch squares are gnat's ass uniform in size.

nskhphul.jpg

The extended base with the towers

WmgwgJEl.jpg

and with the Gothic statues applied

XZV0yhcl.jpg

By George I think he's got it.

Blackadder

Ha! a subliminal proding that I have been delinquent in publishing an update. Actually I have been working on the 'head' in hopes to complete the interior. I have a question regarding the seated crew. I cannot remember where I obtained the two seated pilots for the cockpit (shown here in my Warlord cockpit)....

ihG8bMil.jpg

xk13cZGl.jpg

If anyone who can provide the information it would be greatly appreciated.

I hope to have an update ready later today.

Blackadder

Found 'em; they're Sentinel pilots and dashboards... but I found Valkyrie pilots on Ebay which will do the trick and I can detail the cockpit interior in much the same manner as the Warlord here seen below as I copy a page from the Warlord thread...

Then and Now:

Back when I was young, i.e. before computers; I had this idea of getting images of instruments and pasting them inside of model planes for realistic cockpit displays so perusing catalogs and magazines I came up with a few usable images etc...

Well long story short they were too big, or too small, too dark, too light and ultimately I gave up the idea.

But this morning in the course of mebbe half an hour I searched, photoshopped and printed superb instruments for the Warlord cockpit.

What an amazing age we are privileged to live in.

dr8Putxl.jpg

Paper or Plastic:

The paper gauges seem to work okay; definitely better than I can paint them I was going to light them from behind but I don't think that will be necessary besides the lighting will augment the discrepancies. We don't need that.

Once the glue is dried I'll trim the gauges better, right now they seem a bit crude.

QlPje8Il.jpg

CFDTtDtl.jpg

Q2LF8Ikl.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Excelent job on the control room. Looks great!! :)