Blackadder's Imperator Titan Build

Blackadder

Hells Reach a Homage:

Having watched Helsreach for the dozenth time to get a feel for the next area of construction it was a good time to assemble the model again.

As stated previously; I need a perspective on the courtyard in front of the 'Keep'.

I want to have a staircase leading up to the entry flanked by the enormous statues but also bearing in mind the 2+ meter bore cannon that also will occupy that area as well.

P6N64rJl.jpg

It's also worthy of note that the pelvis, knees and ankles can be posed without toppling the entire structure so my concerns that the legs would not bear the mass of the structure were allayed.

wEpFA8hl.jpg

You can see in the above image there is not a lot of room for my grandiose plans, especially a portico under the huge Volcano Cannon.

qn1gUSSl.jpg

Another feature of which the casual reader may not be aware is that 'Invigilatus' (yes he now has a name) is fully articulated; almost as much as 'Leutus Vexant', my Warlord Titan.

He can be posed in almost any reasonable configuration; here seen stepping forward with his right leg.

Z2sN7mel.jpg

My Obsessive attention to detail dictates all my projects have fully movable joints which gave me concerns about the strength of the joints.

But even with eight extra pounds of sand bags applied this morning, the joints remained viable.

I do still have to stabilize the ankle joints which is why he is propped against the bookcase.

This was the cause of the recent toppling's and I am working on a solution.

L3kDYwGl.jpg

Rear elevations coming soon.....

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Love this build, it is EPIC and I am not WarHammer fan, but I love minis

Blackadder

Thanks for the replies.

Whoops again!

It looks like I promised but didn't deliver.... Why doesn't someone tell me these things......

When last I posted I promised some rear views of the superstructure but forgot to post them. Not only that but I didn't even copy them to the Imgur site as well.

So here are the prodigal promised images starting with the current side view:

0fjgJdwl.jpg

The only thing wrong is that one of the corner balustrades is a bit tilted which is fine because nothing is glued yet and I may have to make some changes when I make the crenulations.

The Rear view shown here also presents a problem because it appears the legs are too short (to my eye at least and I might have to lengthen the thigh sections a couple of inches or about 5 Centimeters.

d50lgVDl.jpg

I had this problem with my Warlord as well and it took me a few tries to get the legs to the proper proportions.

Again the quarter view shows the legs look too short but until the top-hamper is relatively complete I'll just have to back burner the fix.... It's no big deal structure wise to remedy the defect if is in fact an actual problem.

ZqYoaYfl.jpg

It may be that the massive white edifice presents an optical illusion and the legs are sufficiently long.

Hey! Who wouldn't like to be a couple of inches taller?

Blackadder

Thanks for the reply,

Just Winging It Now :D

I'm just winging it now because there aren't any details of the inner courtyard or the façade of the central Keep.

What little I can glean from the HelsReach video shows the roof of the Keep and two Pillars where I have the full statues but more and more I don't think I can work them into the architecture.

BGpYXu6l.jpg

There supposed to be a humongous Cannon under the gabled roof which I will allow for but the statues will have to go.

I also need two more pillars further forward flanking the cannon muzzle.

cY1gj6Al.jpg

Some Stained Glass windows flanking the gable might work.

I can't wait to start detailing this monster.

Blackadder

Whoops again!

It looks like I promised but didn't deliver.... Why doesn't someone tell me these things......

When last I posted I promised some rear views of the superstructure but forgot to post them. Not only that but I didn't even copy them to the Imgur site as well.

So here are the prodigal promised images starting with the current side view:

0fjgJdwl.jpg

The only thing wrong is that one of the corner balustrades is a bit tilted which is fine because nothing is glued yet and I may have to make some changes when I make the crenulations.

The Rear view shown here also presents a problem because it appears the legs are too short (to my eye at least and I might have to lengthen the thigh sections a couple of inches or about 5 Centimeters.

d50lgVDl.jpg

I had this problem with my Warlord as well and it took me a few tries to get the legs to the proper proportions.

Again the quarter view shows the legs look too short but until the top-hamper is relatively complete I'll just have to back burner the fix.... It's no big deal structure wise to remedy the defect if is in fact an actual problem.

ZqYoaYfl.jpg

It may be that the massive white edifice presents an optical illusion and the legs are sufficiently long.

Hey! Who wouldn't like to be a couple of inches taller?

Blackadder

Thanks for the replies...

Subject To Change:

On the third or fourth go around for this area I've decided to scrap the interior courtyard and replace the central area with the Volcano cannon housing.

FlY0Nexl.jpg

The two central compartments will now be connected by a nave and an apse at the other end.

MxUksnHl.jpg

Some of the upper deck will have to be amended to accommodate these new additions

BNbqHArl.jpg

Fun and Games.....

Blackadder

Thanks for the replies;

Christmas Holiday

A bit of doldrums over the Christmas Holiday so yesterday I sheathed the surface of the towers on either side of the cannon enclosure and fabricated the square spires topping them. I hate making spires, the work is slow and tedious and the Emperor Titan has dozens of them in various sizes.

uHWTStOl.jpg

These are rather robust but the four corner compartments have eight spires each and the Keep roof has four as well and the nave roof have four as well.

E5XFlCNl.jpg

Just hunkering down and getting the job done is what it'll take.

But first the roof of the Volcano cannon enclosure. That'll be the fun part of this week's project.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That is beyond AMAZING!!!
This could easily be considered a "LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT"!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You could probably trade that for a superb automobile when your finished, and that still wouldn't cover it. This is Art! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Oh, it's there already when it's finished. I am hoping we can get the front page of the forum fixed so when people visit, they will see big pictures of the Models of Merit, current and the previous two. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
We lost it to a DNS attack. It costs money to fix that kind of stuff, so we must be patient. Our patron doesn't make a dime off of this forum. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
We tried that, I think we got $13 bucks. Probably more, I don't remember, but it wasn't worth the effort. ;)

Blackadder