It may have come as a complete shock to you all but I do have responsibilities regarding house maintenance that occasionally take precedence over my 40K pursuits.
Long story short; my lovely lady friend managed to dislodge some tiles in the bathroom shower in my 50+ year old residence. Simple matter of cleaning the backing board and reinstalling the tiles but further investigation revealed that the backing board was sodden and ultimately I had to replace the entire lower half of the shower walls. I then decided to sheath the interior of the shower with tongue and groove beaded styrene paneling. I finished the interior with plastic crown decorative molding which took me halfway through August but the project came out pretty well if I do say so myself.
After a week or so basking in this past glory; "the light of my life," on stepping out of the shower, she managed to step through the floor in front of the shower door! This necessitated replacing the subfloor and retiling that area as well. Mind you I was in and out off the shower stall easily hundreds of times during the interior work and despite weighing 210 pounds I did not go through the floor. I may need to consider getting a lighter 'main squeeze'
Anyway today I decided to reward myself and take up the cudgel of working on my sadly neglected Emperor Titan.
Just so to resurrect your memory this is the area I am working toward......
I have only this one image to work from.
I finally figured out my mistake.
So I shall be working on this rear area until I get it right.
I hope it will not be so long for the next installment.
i have just finished replacing the backside of the roof of my house that two Tornadoes droped a 180' tree on. The insurance company would not pay for it as it was a grandfathered in shed roof, and the town required I replace the whole roof. That mean 18 foot rafters. I went with a steel roof, and 2'x10'x15' rafters and for the most part, did the job by myself. I am beat. I now just have to tie in the siding. I also had to put in a new Hot Water Heater, and fix a plumbing debacle, a new toilet. I loathe next Spring when I have to finish this all off. Yes, I know about how maintenance. I also have to replace some shingles very high up on my Gambrel roofed barn. I may hire someone to do that. I have the shingles, but the roof angle is very steep, which means one shingle up there at a time.
Too bad to hear about your ouse issues. I hope there won't be any more of them anytime soon. Good that the model was not standing right below the hole. Just imagine water dripping from the ceiling on it...
I guess it's no secret I work entirely without plans; so when perusing the only image I have of this beastie for the umpteenth time I rediscovered the d@mned thing has minarets WITH FLYING BUTTRESSES!!! Egad!
The problem is because of the perspective of the image and the obscuring smoke it's hard to determine what the bottom of these minarets look like and the author of this marvelous 3D monstrosity has not come forth with a clearer view.
I'm going to have to guesstimate the size and scale of these improbable appurtenances.
Then I may attempt putting the whole of the top hamper on the legs and pelvis for an overall view of the complete model so far.
It's very heavy and difficult for one person to assemble without incident.