Wilhelmshaven's San Francisco

ehouli

Aug 7, 2004
Caracas, Venezuela
Hi Leif Oh,

Thanks for you comments, here I bring pictures of how it looks right now over hangar, only the mast is missing, that will be the work for the next few days.

Cheers,

Erick

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hi Erick

Good start to the new year looking impressive as always I wish mine looked as clean as that. Which company produced the giant in the background ?

How about a couple of shots in it's own right.

barry

ehouli

Aug 7, 2004
Caracas, Venezuela
Hi Barry,

Thanks for your comments. The Yamato is that from CFM's, I bought back in 1999 but I began assembling it in 2.001. It's not finished and I don't intend to, the ship has so many flows... Although the printing quality makes it look sort of realistic.

About my build being clean... I whish I could rig or make railings as you do on your ships or complete them with such great details.

For the giant's pictures I will put them in my gallery through the day for you viewing pleasure ;)

Greetings,

Erick

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hi Erick

I've been waiting to see this set looks great.

I am always a bit mystified by Wihelmshaven they do a great job on the paravanes and then put a printed strip for the steps.

More pics when you can.

barry

ehouli

Aug 7, 2004
Caracas, Venezuela
Hi Barry and Jim,

Thanks again for comments.

Barry, as for Wilhelmshaven, well, this model was designed by Dariusz Lipinski for them. As far as I know he did very good things in this model as the paravanes you see, but he also had to stick to the standards that wilhelmshaven imposed him, he also designed the Indianapolis (that is far more detailed than San Francisco) and Alaska.

Thanks again and hope to get new pictures soon.

Erick

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Looking for more, Erick.

Barry, I wonder if the printed steps is supposed to depict a ladder rather than a stairway or gangway. Just a thought from looking at the photo showing the paravane secured to the bulkhead and the steps nearby.... :D

Jim

ehouli

Aug 7, 2004
Caracas, Venezuela
Hi!

This is a small update, the bridge is coming along quite well, only a few cursings because I used crazy glue for the first time to fix the small bits and they almost sticked to my fingers... that's what us amateurs get the first time I guess...

Jim, thanks very much for the tip doing the wheel, I used here don't look as good as yours, but I think is better than the one in paper.

In this update I've done the command bridge and the upper one with the wheel is the Fighting Bridge-lookout (I hope they had umbrellas for the rain!!).

Hope you enjoy it,

Erick.