Wilhelmshaven's San Francisco

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Erick

Very nice, even though it won't have the big red bit on the bottom :lol:

Is this one of the downloads or a printed kit?
I love this ship and will follow your build with intrest.
More when you can

Rob

ehouli

Aug 7, 2004
Caracas, Venezuela
Hi Rob,

Thanks for watching :D this is one of the last "real printed" editions that I bought a couple of years ago, the one that is available now is a Laser Reprint.

I'll keep posting pictures as often as I can.

Erick

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hi Erick

That is a good looking hull like Rob says plenty of pics please.

Are Wilhelmhafen still doing octagon barrels in that kit ?

barry

ehouli

Aug 7, 2004
Caracas, Venezuela
Hi Barry,

Thanks for your comments, this ship's gun barrels may be octagonals or rounded, they just leave it up to your skills, if you take a look at my Schleswig-Holstein I rounded every barrel.

Erick

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Hi, Erick! :D

Excellent build! Great photos too!

Octagonal barrels? Now why would they do that? :lol:

Seriously, this is looking to be an outstanding model. A lot of superb work on the little details and neat work on the hull joints.

Always nice to see another fine ship being built! :wink:
I look forward to more updates when you can.

Cheers!

Jim

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Hi, Erick! :D

Outstanding fine work on the details, and superb job on the hull.

She's coming along very well, this is going to be an outstanding build from the looks of what you've done so far.

More photos please when you can. :D

Cheers!

Jim

ehouli

Aug 7, 2004
Caracas, Venezuela
Hi Jim!

Thanks for your comments, I'm right now with the small bits on the main deck and over the hangar, I'll post more pictures when I finish this bits and get to a bit of the superstructure on the hangar, that may take a bit more than a week as I don't want to rush.

Great work you're doing yourself on the Constitution :)

Erick

ehouli

Aug 7, 2004
Caracas, Venezuela
Hi everybody,

First: Barry thanks for you comments, they are really appreciated :)

Second: I'm in the process of building the rear suprestructure over the hangar, which is sort of intrincate.

While doing this and looking at Jim's Constitution I thought of giving a chance to do rigging for the first time, I've read on tips and techniques about it but still need some info, which I think, has more to do with the ship itself, I have some pictures but not with enough detail on how the rigging goes, anything in this subject will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Erick

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
She's really looking great, Erick! :D
I was wondering if you coated the paper with some clear finish, it looks clean and has a nice finish to it.

Keep those updates coming!

Thanks for the kind words on my Constitution, mate.

Cheers!

Jim

ehouli

Aug 7, 2004
Caracas, Venezuela
Thanks Jim and Cardfan for your words :)

Jim, as the building goes, I have not used any coating so far, that's what I like the most from this model, somehow Wilhelmshaven managed to get the colors right and the finish is better than most of his models.

I also got USS Alaska from them, but instead of the usual card stock they used a glossy one, that model will still have to wait a bit.

I have a full bunch of ships waiting ;).... Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Alaska (from Wilhelmshaven) and also others from GPM and Halinski.

Greetings and Happy Hollydays,

Erick

Leif Oh

Jan 27, 2004
Goteborg, Sweden
I love the work on the intricate details. I'm not even a ship builder myself, but your work, and the work of others, might just one day entice me into joining you!

Leif