Starship Troopers Roger Young-Bob's Build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by F131, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Could I get a copy of your updated skins for my build?
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

As the British would say, "She's quite Fit, isn't she", and her placement is "Proper, and quite right"!!

In Amerriccun is, " Oh yea, baby got back,she's smokin'!!

In Connecticut, we would say. She is a beautiful women who has made questionable choices as far as marriage is concerned, but now the she's up for grabs, back off sucker".:twisted:

Those skins would make a nice add-on for the model. Maybe you could upload a .pdf. I don't think Ekuth would mind.
  3. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

In Washington State they'd say, "My, what a Lovely woman!"

and in Texas we'd say, "Look at the Chasis on that girl, I bet she kicks ass!"
  4. F131

F131 Member

MILF works in Minnesota.
    Dented, if you want to pm me your email I will send it to you. Minus the new skins that cover the original RY (hull) name plate, the others will have to be trimmed for your model. I put the new RY nameplate font on the wrong part. I would be happy to upload if it works with ekuth.
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Oh yeah, I've heard of "Minnesota's Industrious Liberated Female's". I dated a few too.

Send Ekuth a P.M., see what he says.
  6. F131

F131 Member

Liberal in this State for sure.
    I made a couple of additional changes on the bridge windows so they won't be so large. This works only on the original bridge, not the better, thinner "alternate" bridge part that I wished I had used.wall1

Attached Files:

7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

The recessed hatches really set if off. A lot of work in there. It's the little stuff that pays off in the end. It's really coming together!
  8. ekuth

ekuth Guest

I have absolutely no problem with that- feel free to add your skins! They look great and my texturing on the model was very beta. I always meant to go back and re-texture her, I was just going for a close approximation.

But please, by all means, feel free to add/update the skins. I'll happily add them to the master file, or create a subsection for them.

Build is looking awesome... only thing stopping me from making it front page is that there isn't enough of it yet...

Hint, hint.
  9. F131

F131 Member

I am glad to hear this. I don't want to taint anyone elses hard work. I'm pretty good with Photoshop, but I have "zero" skills to design these models. But if there is interest, I can send them your way.

This is a great model and a challenging pleasure to build, but if I could suggest one thing, to add markers on the bottom of the bridge sections to line up the bridge supports and wedges. I ended up gluing my supports a little to close together (wedges won't fit, need to trim). I'm finding that I am better off building all the individual pieces and go back and see how the will all fit together first before gluing. I need to make her as close to perfect as possible.

I am currently working on the lattace/tunnel (thingy) aft of the bridge...very time consuming but will look good when done.
  10. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Since your in the mood for skinning, do you feel up for the task of skinning my Explorer ship when it's finally complete? I couldn't skin to save my life lol
  11. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Lovely build mate!

I've always wanted to try this one, but I'm too big of a chicken to! That's why I just sit and watch!
  12. MTK

MTK Active Member

Awesome progress shots Dude. Keep em coming.:mrgreen:
  13. F131

F131 Member

I'm on a 3 day cycle ride of northern Minnesota. More pics to follow at the end of the week. I need to give my eyes a rest. Cheers.
  14. ekuth

ekuth Guest

*checks watch*

*taps fingers*
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  15. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I guess I can wait till you get back, I was wondering if it was bicycle or motorcycle. I've been to Minnesota. It has to be motorcycle, that state is so huge, I'd be scared to go too far out on a bicycle! Have fun!
  16. F131

F131 Member

I know, I know....:mrgreen:

Zathros- I have a 2003 Victory Vegas that gets me from A to Z quite nicely.

Attached Files:

17. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Your daughters are absolutely beautiful!! I have an 11 year old son. We went for a ride this afternoon. I have a 1983 Suzuki GS750ES that I purchased in '83, new. I also have a 1975 CB400F Honda, with a Kazio Yoshima X3 Stage III Motor kit in it. I actually had a Velorex sidecar hooked up to my Suzuki for many years. I wish I never got rid of that! It was a Bozo move on my part. I am going to have to take a picture of my Suzuki and post it. and post it. I am in the process of putting fairing lowers on it.

I live about 100 feet from the New York border in Connecticut and this area is a motorcycle riders dream, if you are into beautiful roads and mountain tops. Beat Mountain New York is not far from be and that is an incredible ride.

I also make bicycles as a Hobby. I made a recumbent trike last year. Disc brakes up front, rear suspension, Mountain Bike gearing. Cruises really easy at at around 18 m.p.h..

Really nice looking family you have there. I am too paranoid to post pictures of my family. It must have been the time I worked for the Federal Bureau of Prisons.Have a nice trip!!
  18. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Roads? where we're going, we don't NEED roads!

199399_10150099165990754_646830753_6905368_5784945_n (1).jpg
  19. F131

F131 Member

Thanks Zathros, I'm pretty proud of my girls. That picture was taken 4 years ago and they are growing into very tall, lovely & smart ladies. If your every riding towards the Twin Cities of MN, let me know. I've never been in the Prison system.
    Dented-Nice rig. I work with a couple of Road Rally guys that would love a vehicle like yours.
    Hopefully more pics coming today. I take a couple of days off from building and its hard for me to get back into the groove.:cry:
  20. F131

F131 Member

Well, not much progress lately. #*$@ MN humidity fudged up a few parts that I left on my deck to dry (in the sun). I'm back to climate control. I tried to use foam as a backing material...but I'm going to be better off cutting support foam beams/formers for strength. I'm learning as I go.:confused:

Attached Files: