Starship Troopers Roger Young-Bob's Build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by F131, Jul 24, 2011.

1. anthony344

anthony344 Member

Great job F131 you have done on it :thumb: , This one is on my to do list & i can't wait until i build this one day.
  2. F131

F131 Member

I'm back at it (until Deus Ex: Human Revolutions arrives in the mail sign1). One major thing I have learned with this model is big models show big flaws. When I complete this, I will create a list of the hurdles and some of the things to work around them. The major tip is: foam formers! So much depends on straight/firm pieces and I have been working around buckling parts and have needed to re-do others. The thin foam panels you can get at a craft shop are gold, cheap and far better/straighter than cardboard. The other major tip is: build the parts first, then see how they fit (duh, me). I will include some measurements to my list. Some of the pics you will see, not all the parts are glued yet due to some not fitting or lining up. I also need to "clean" my edges. A sharpie marker seems to be working well there. Feedback is welcome. Bob

Attached Files:

3. MTK

MTK Active Member

I consider myself duely impressed. Thank you Sir, for sharing your pictures of your fine build! Now, let's go kill some bugs!:mrgreen:
  4. F131

F131 Member

Thanks for the encouragement. She is finally taking shape....and valuable desk space. My wife could not believe this is only the first 1/3. I spent 2+ hrs painting the cutlines, and it looks so much better. Ill post more pics tomorrow when I get done with work.
  5. MTK

MTK Active Member

Yeah, them wives.... LOL! Can't wait to see more.:thumb:
  6. MTK

MTK Active Member

Love the Jeep. Brings back fond memmories of my 79 F-250 4X4 workhorse, playtoy, mudbogger, mountain climber.... OOOOO I just got a flood of testosterone! Whoot!:thumb:
  7. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Want more? notice behind my Jeep is *gasp* ANOTHER Jeep? Yep, Got the whole Fam Damily doing it, and doing it well :)
  8. MTK

MTK Active Member

The family that plays together, stays together and where better to play than in the mud!:mrgreen:
  9. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Gives a valid reason (not that i really need one) to jump in the shower with the Wife. :) There is a Reason we've been married 15 years ;)
  10. MTK

MTK Active Member

:thumb:
  11. F131

F131 Member

There, she looks better with the cutlines gone. I also included a pic of the foam formers I made for the reactor deck. It worked pretty well.

Attached Files:

12. anthony344

anthony344 Member

It coming along very nicely F131 , keep up the excellent work. :thumb:

Cheers
    Mark
  13. THE DC

THE DC Member

Nice work

Nice build. I have'nt been able to tackle much lately but have always wondered about this big kit.

Nice product placement for hand lotion. I wonder if that would be 'official' federal issue?sign1

Slainte'

The DC
  14. THE DC

THE DC Member

Btw?

BTW: Did anyone ever do a TAC fighter for this set up?
  15. Zathros

Zathros Guest

F131, Rodger is coming out quite handsomely. Since the ship's gender is established as male, one of those few times you can address a ship like that. That's kind of cool! This ship rules. You tied this section together and it really looks like the hull section of a ship being constructed, not a model, paper or otherwise.:thumb:
  16. F131

F131 Member

I must be missing something?:confused:

Thanks. I've been printing out addiditional hull parts on regular paper and cutting them into strips to cover gaps, folds and joining of multiple parts. It has a nice effect.
  17. F131

F131 Member

What am I doing wrong. I am trying to add pictures (on 2 computers) and they keep telling me my files are invalid. I have resized and changed formats with the same results. What could I be missing? Thanks. Bob
  18. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Same problem I've been having for some time. That's why im unable to share my Tyrell build with anyone here, and have to resort to post it on the "other" site

:(
  19. F131

F131 Member

Yeah, the "other" site works just fine. Weird.:cry:
    Check out the updates here:

Everything seems to be working now.

Attached Files:

20. Zathros

Zathros Guest

The problem is here, and I hope they jump on it quick. It is getting ..........well..............aaargh!

I think everyone is frustrated about this.