Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Well its more exciting than my build progress. I'm working on some old Kirby Fantastic Four ships on the drawing board right now.

Reactions: Sky Seeker

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
As most of you know, for years i have been chasing this white whale, a simple, acceptable Klingon Bell section.Wulf111 has a great Klingon model, Marc Robetelli designed a great strip one, but has disappeared off the internet. Rawen did a good one for his 50th anniversary set this last Christmas. Ron Caudillo did an advanced one of ''petal'' design and is in the works of infusing the aft section of the bell to the ball section. Well, here is this one, simple, easy to build and acceptable.
GEDC2884.JPG Merely taped together for a test fit, a few more snips and this will be ready as option 5 for those who simply want to build a model and not invest days in gluing together one piece of a Klingon battle cruiser.

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Yes! That's it great pic of it too! Those markers are classic!

And here I thought you were talking about the original...

The Flying bathtub, as it was called.

By the way; Disney re-acquired the rights to the FF...expect to see them in the MCU!

Maybe even Dr, Doom then? The next major villain for the next big compilation movie??

Attachments

• Fantasti-Car_MK_I_(Flying_Bathtub)_from_Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_3_0001.jpg
    Fantasti-Car_MK_I_(Flying_Bathtub)_from_Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_3_0001.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 6
  • fantasticar_by_cosedimarco-d6ufe4j.jpg
    fantasticar_by_cosedimarco-d6ufe4j.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 6
  • hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 6

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
And here I thought you were talking about the original...

The Flying bathtub, as it was called.

By the way; Disney re-acquired the rights to the FF...expect to see them in the MCU!

Maybe even Dr, Doom then? The next major villain for the next big compilation movie??

I could see the sections being held together with magnets.

I could do that i guess. Next villain? Mole Man, Namor, the sinister 6?

Did you know that Leonard Nimoy was suppose to play Prince Namor (The Submariner), but he was called back to reprise his role as "Mr. Spock" in Star Trek (The Motion Picture)?

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Imagine that!! I have always liked Nimoy, guess where from? Not Star Trek!! Outer limits!! "I,robot" Adam link, a metal creation similar to The Frankenstein monster, is put on trial for murder. A few other episodes too! Maybe in Twilight zone also. I like the magnet idea!.

Reactions: Sky Seeker

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Water forming is next step. Make a plug out of two part epoxy, sand and shape into shape, and then lay you wet pieces over it. When they dry, you will have you shape, and see where you need to cut and shape a final shape, to take the shape, and have your perfect bell, it's a progressive procedure, one I first did at 8 years old using the many spoons my mother had, trying to get the shape my "Uncle Martin"s" graceful spaceship. I got really close, close enough to glue and sand it, then spray paint it Silver, and I played for it for a very long time. I think it may have been stolen, as one day, it was just gone. I used the same technique to make fenders for cars. I soon learned that you did not want to make the parts exact, just let the piece dry on the spoon, and cut out the shape. Many years later, when I saw how Mahogany stripped yachts were built, using a multi contoured buck, I was able to modify my methodology. Glue the inside surface when you remove it, and you then end up with a very strong parts, made from crisscrossed strips of paper added on the back side, with a hard glue core. I filled with a skim of glue, and sanded to shape. People must expect to have to fabricate more to get the models they wish. Not everything can be printed out. :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Yep, I am almost over the falls of starting to do stuff like that. I have found that those static cling sheets after being used in the dryer, make a perfect paper mache' medium. Thinking about using a wall spackle goo substitute for the cornstarch, then simply sand and paint. I have done this before with satisfying results. I am sure that I am going to start scratch building my own models and then simply post the build steps and pics.

here is an idea for the Mckoyfish / discovery 1701 globe effects.
nacelle globe twinkling effect.png