Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The "Space Ghost" has incredibly nice fluid lines, well done! The Fantastic Voyage ship is one I want to pick up and play with! I love models like that. :)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Instead of something that looks like Elton johns hinder buddy, I think that the new marvel Fantastic Four origin story should look somewhat modern like this.
untitled.png

A huge booster section to get it out to the cosmic storm, and then glide recovery and capsule. I'm sure rocketeers will object, but this is science fiction comic book movie stuff and it must be visually stunning at the least. Having it be warp rocket 4 or something just makes it fit in with the origin in a small way. I sure hope that they go with a CGI THING like with all the other members, and that he looks like mid-Kirby Thing. 44286427_10156037732017309_4637623952993157120_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: micahrogers

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
My computer didn't save my work for some reason. I assume that it's windows 10 or edge trying to think for me, which I detest for this very same reason. but I am re-d0ing all my versions with the errors corrected. I am going with Ron Caudillo's domes for the Klingon bell shape and then a very simple cannon animal clip and form type version for those who complain that they cannot snip those small strips accurately. this is now my life's work and until its done I wont be able to get a life, lol. If Bll Gates and his insane windows 10 posse thinks he's gonna win this, he is wrong!!! Here's a little status report of what I have been able to work on in my spare time.
KD7 generic build pic 1.JPG

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I will put on so.e monster movies for halloween and get the nacelles done. There is this blended edge on the rectangular nacelle that I think im going to skip, to make it like the studio model would involve a real compound diamond wedge that i might include but wont reccomend.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The progression of quality of your model builds is astounding!! You are making some really kick ass stuff!! ;)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
thanks Zathros. I am really trying to work out a few problems, 1. light leaks 2.compound curves being simplified into something that looks good that works. 3. models that have been overlooked but liked and wanted. The Klingon is one that has a few major obstacles, test1.png this for one. The long edge piece should be rolled and then the 8 spiked end piece rolled and stepped into position for the true look of the edge of the nacelle. I left it so it could be more blocky looking with less work. This has bugged me for years. Obviously the under the bridge bell shape cannon area also. Finally I came up with something original with the least amount of work. I also included something more complex that looks good , using Ron's nacelle domes for his 1701, with permission of course. He gave me a very good ball-shaped piece that could work on a 1/400 scale ship also, Thanks Ron! I will be posting those soon. I am working on a romulan bird of prey hull edge that is a donut kind of affair, giving hull integrity a boost and making that horrible leading edge around the upper plate work. Until now its been a nightmare trying to make that work, but this new horseshoe affair should solve it.the upper and lower plates will simply glue to the re-enforced horseshoe shaped edge. 'Starship Invasions' saucers, dinosaurs from Land of the Lost 76'TV series, and small scale figures are also bugging me until I can make something acceptable. Then onto a series of Ultraman and his monsters 6'' tall kaiju figures. a studio model Spindrift from 'Land of the Giants' tv series maybe for a display diorama. So basically about 29'' long. Real laser and sound phasers kind of stuff. I'm going wet build Obie style on the Kong dinosaurs this year too, just a bunch of one shots, built the way Willis Obrien and his team built them, probably not the same materials tho. Just a journey of discovery like my hero Obie did them, on those.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
The seam light leaks problem could be cured by silver or black colored glue. [Colored glue sticks are available.] Black thick paper with the model parts printed on label 11x15'' stock is a good way, and then simply use black paper or black duct tape on the actual inside seams to fully stop it. However, the model comes out looking crude.
Light boxing each led to match portholes, emitter panels and such is a great way, if you have the time to build such a contraption. Enlarging the model 500% and doing that makes things easier. You can settle for less and owell, that the way it goes from most models
That's why I was looking for a way to make a malleable paper mold cast of something and just sell those parts as upgrades for lighting. However UPS seems to like to crush every endeavor, somewhat like an xwife or something...[?] so that option went out the window, and DOWWWWWN TOWWWWWWWN [Ace ventura UPS driver character] so to speak.

So until I find a good freeshare way to do this I guess im still stuck in retro-cycle.
The Horseshoe side hull frame support for the romulan bird of prey seems to be successful in design as of yet.
I think I will make it as a slice of bread looking thing as of yet...Untitled.png

Reactions: lyter1958

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I'm sorry, but I need pictures to show problem areas. Where is the problem on the Romulan ship, could you point it out on a regular picture.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Kind of hard to, as what needs to be done is to make something to attach the bottom hull to, and the dorsal hull to . To make the whole ship stronger, this "breadslice" thing should solve the problem. Otherwise without it the hull assembly twists and one nacelle strut sags and the whole ship becomes off balance. I will do a build pic soon.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
So,....
I tried to black paper everything but the holes and filled them with hot glue and back lit them with leds. it didn't work. I guess I'm going to have to build these things very, very large in order to make the light boxes not have any leaks or mushed up paper and be clean nice looking builds. o well. time to adapt= I dont do that well. but here is my progress. I'm trying to get to a paper store to buy some different colored metallic paper sheets before the holidays hit us, but its not going well. I might not get to this year. That kd7 is about 12'' long.
GEDC3173.JPG

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix

This is a link about porchpirates. Be very careful this holiday season, because you dont want your stuff stolen or your house targeted by robbers.
changing my plans on the kd7 and Ron's resize to only lighting up big models. It just works better for light blocking and hiding assembly flaws also. I'm trying to get some really good metallic paper locally, if not I will buy on the internet. Here a shot of my progress 1/1000 scale kd7.

GEDC3174.JPG GEDC3175.JPG

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
On a lot of these units you can yell at the people, yell them back their license plate, and automatically people in the neighborhood who may have the sane system. Police really respond when you have a picture, video and license number. It a case given to them solved, ready to go. ;)

Reactions: spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Where I am at today, really frustrating things going on. This will probably be my last small lit up build.
All the others I have printed I wont light and concentrate on the big over 1/350 sized models as far as SFX goes.

Attachments

• GEDC3176.JPG
    GEDC3176.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 0