Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Ii have been working with making the framing for my roof. My chop saw has this sand like fine wooden pieces that are captured in a bad. I thought that if one made an epoxy mold, then sanded it smooth, you could make a negative, apply some Vaseline or other release agent, the negative would have to be a 2 piece to release the mold, and mix the power together with glue to make a putty, and press it into the mold. I think the results would be startlingly. When Winter comes and I get some time, I am going to try something. ;)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
using the fine sawdust as an agregate in a wood and glue composite, it wouldn't have the strength of using larger fibers, but it would still be stronger than just the glue.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Present status. Got a lot on my plate with other stuff. Please take caution this holiday season when traveling, the spirit of Giving and Thankfulness and Love is what it's really all about. all this year so many of you have been kind to me, and I have had unexpected miracles happen, moving to a great apt outside the big city, my back injury literally ending and my vertebrate being completely healed as if there was no injury, solving a lot of projects I thought were hopeless. I want to thank you all and wish you the best, Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• GEDC3192.png
    GEDC3192.png
    378 KB · Views: 2

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
hey ... Right back at you...!!! Have a GREAT Holiday... looks like the weather is going to be favorable down in this part of the world...so ENJOY!!

Reactions: spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I hope I dont spend Christmas adjusting these!! But I am having a lot of fun working on this stuff.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I hope I dont spend Christmas adjusting these!! But I am having a lot of fun working on this stuff.
Having fun is the most important thing about this hobby. Forme, it is more about the actual build, than the final product. I greatly enjoy working on and building models. Granted, yes, I am happy with the results of my work, however, there is a bit of disappointment when I finish the project, because it is finished. Which drives me to want to make another right afterwards.

Once again you are doing a fantastic job on this project. Keep up the great work!!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
using the fine sawdust as an agregate in a wood and glue composite, it wouldn't have the strength of using larger fibers, but it would still be stronger than just the glue.

True, but it depends on how hard the glue hardens. These are models, not toys, but to make something hard, one only need change to epoxy resin (i.e. fiber glassing resin), which is easy to mix thing, and hardens very hard. There are other ways also, like lsayering the back face with glue soaked strips of paper. :)