PHOTO FUN week of 3/22/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
CNWman...
I don't see what you're seeing...if anything, it looks (to me) that they are going "down-hill" as does the flow of the river. But then again, I'm so familiar with it that I could be seeing what I know to be true and not what it really looks like to everyone else.
In any case, the camera angle is the problem. Here is an overhead shot with the camera pointed in the same direction as the previous pic:

View attachment 36223

I think it is a little easier to see flow direction toward the camera. Also, the river is painted on the plywood bench top and there is no slope...so that too was an optical illusion.

However, I am glad that you pointed this out to me and in the future I will try to see my pics through objective eyes:thumb:
I hope that clears up any confusion that my pic might have caused anyone:thumb: :)

Take care:thumb:
****************************************EDIT********************************
CWNman....I just saw your edit...anyway..the point was well made because if you have to look twice then there is a problem:thumb: Regardless, I welcome any and all constructive criticism (how else will I learn?:thumb: )
I also appreciate you very kind words about the quality of the waves :thumb:

Attachments

• photos 034 small.jpg
    photos 034 small.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 88

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
O.K. I'm going to give this phto fun week deal a shot:wave:

Here are a few pictures from the old Lake Superior & Mississippi RR line that ran along the St. Louis River and up the North shore of Lake Superior and runs just a couple blocks from where I live.It was the first RR connecting Duluth with the Twin Cities and was financed by Jay Cooke.The DM&IR used it for awhile then abandoned it,so the city of Duluth bought the line and now uses it for excursions.One from Duluth to two Harbors or Silver Bay and the other smaller operation tours the western part of town and goes by where the McDougal Shipyards(Think Whaleback),the Duluth Steel Plant and Steelton where the DM&IR has a small yard.Both are run by the North Shore Scenic RR who took over the line from the City of Duluth.

tn_Picture004.jpg

tn_Picture012.jpg

tn_Picture019.jpg

I hope you enjoy them:thumb:

If the pictures are too big let me know!

Chris

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
WOW..!!! All you guys just blow me away...!!! I won't mention names since it'd take me half the day (I'm at work...Boss wouldn't like that...). My favorite..?? Kurt's LA scene...But just everyone has done a wonderful job... I also liked Deano's GP-20 (I just happen to have one - in UP colors, of course, although a bit older (mid 60's...)). I'll set sumpin' up for next week's thread...

Again...CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE...!!! :thumb:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Chris, NICE SHOTS!:thumb: i cant believe how good a shape the Milwaukee 40' box is in:eek:.

Gus, i would love to see your GP20!!:thumb:.

announce1 WELL FOLKS, its Friday night:D, so its time to close this thread, and have SOMEONE start a NEW Photo Fun thread;). THANKS!:D -Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.