TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
CNWman
Cool shot!

Deano
Great looking locos! I really like the Milwaukee steamer!

Chessie4155
Neat night shots!

Herc
Nice looking loco!

Steve
Great scene!

Jesso
Neat pic!

Ralph
Funny scene!

CN Nutbar
Nifty shots! Great looking steamer!

Chessie4155
Nice job on the clean-up scene!

Josh
Nice looking hopper!

Kurt
Great shots!

Steven
Great proto shot!

Miles
Awesome looking boxcar!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
viperman said:
did you see my entry last week?

Yes, I saw it and the BN unit looked great.

On and off for the last two or three weeks a BNSF unit in that paint scheme has been showing up in Norfolk Southern's Abrhams Yard in King of Prussia, PA. As these things I never have my camera with me when I see it.wall1

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Please remind me NOT be be away from this thread so long.

jesso, NICE PIC & CAPTION!:thumb:

Ralph, sign1 i LOVED that shot!:D WELL DONE!:thumb: :D

nutbar, NICE SHOTS!!!:thumb: your pacific looks FANTASTIC!:thumb::D

Mark, NICE SCENE!:thumb: :D

jaabkko, NICE HOPPER & GREAT JOB UP patching that SP AC4400:thumb:

Kurt, WOW!!! AWESOME SHOTS!, and GREAT WORK!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Steven, NICE SHOT of those BNSF SD70M's:thumb:

Miles, NICE WEATHERING:thumb:

Tom, GREAT SHOTS!, & NICE LOOKING F UNITS!!!:thumb: :D

**SHEEW!:D...OK, i had a GREAT DAY TODAY!:D dad and i went to the last show of the season, in Rockford today!:thumb: dad bought a GREAT CNW GP30 with QSI:thumb:, and some crossbucks:D. i bought 5 NEW cars, and a UP GP20!!!:thumb::D the GREAT thing about the GP20(really a hopped up GP18;)) is UP used them for local freights, and switchers right up to 1984!:thumb:

After we got back from the show, dad wanted to head down to the old CNW tracks(now a bike path:() and get some shots of the old CNW office/storage house. after that, we went over to the old Milwaukee road tracks(now owned by IC&E, UP has trackage rights on it:thumb:), and checked out where the old station sat:thumb:, we had a GREAT TIME!:D after that, we went back to dads and checked out the stuff we bought at the show today, and i programed dads NEW CNW GP30:D.

PICS BELOW ARE:
1- the five cars i bought today, and the NEW UP GP20:D.
2- the GP20 right out of the box, i cant wait to add some detail parts to it, and weather it:D.
3- just SOME of the CNW engines at dads:thumb:, the ONLY 2 that are mine in this pic are the FM H24-66, and the Alco RS32:D. dads NEW CNW GP30 is there in the middle-back:thumb:.
4- still standing, the old CNW office and storage building:thumb:.
5- looking down what was the Milwaukee Roads mainline, looks like IC&E is going to put new ties in:thumb:. i seen a thread some where that asked why Atlas track had black ties, those ties sure look black to me;). THANKS!:D -Deano View attachment 36130 View attachment 36131 View attachment 36132 View attachment 36133 View attachment 36134

Attachments

• rfs1.JPG
    rfs1.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 135
  • rfs2.JPG
    rfs2.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 134
  • rfs3.JPG
    rfs3.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 133
  • rfs4.JPG
    rfs4.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 135
  • rfs5.JPG
    rfs5.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 133

trainnut65

Feb 17, 2006
Well let me see if i have anything i can add to this. not real sure i should put my stuff up here with all this, You guys have some great looking layouts going. Ok i think i have found something not the best in the world but it is all i got.

N_Scale_1181.jpg

N_Scale_124.jpg

trainnut65

Feb 17, 2006
Thanks Viperman. Your layout is going to be a nice one I wish i had more room to get some more track on mine.I would love to add some more freight yards to what i have but there is no more room to add on.

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Kurt - Those street scenes are on a whole 'nother level...wow do they look good. I wish my streets looked that great! :thumb:

Tom - Great looking B&O units...they really look good. :)

TrainNut - Really nice Southern switcher and layout picture!!! :)

Miles - Stop running outside and taking pictures of real boxcars!!! OK all kidding aside, that's an amazingly real weathering job. Start giving lessons. :D

Deano - You're killing me man...just killing me with all those train shows so close. We get one here in my area a year - if we're lucky. Nice additions to the collection. Geep's Rock! Now go weather and detail that Geep and post pictures. That's an order!:thumb:

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
GUYS...
Everyone and I mean everyone has done an outstanding job!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
It is great to see so many people contributing to this thread! I just really enjoy seeing other people's pics (models and proto)...GOOD STUFF!:thumb: :thumb:

Instead of a finished scene, here's something I'm working on now...
timber tunnel portal:
View attachment 36163
It still needs dirt and soot:)

Attachments

• photos 247 small.jpg
    photos 247 small.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 96

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
I agree Steve, this is a great idea to have these threads because every pic that is posted is great and it gives us a chance to show our stuff off that we have worked so hard on :thumb: :D :D

BTW, Steve, that is an AMAZING looking portal, look at the black rivet holes to!!! OUTSTOUNDING job man :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

trainnut65

Feb 17, 2006
well you need to take a :thumb::thumb: to Nazgul that is a super nice tunnel port you have built there. and you are right there is a lot of good looking layouts on this forum. Good work guys keep them pic's coming we love to see them :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks everyone!

Josh
Good job on the loco!

Deano
Nice additions! Dad’s layout looks plenty busy! Nice shots of the building!

Trainnut65
Nice looking loco and Scene!

Steve
The portal is looking real good!

Status
Not open for further replies.