PHOTO FUN week of 3/22/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
GREAT START for this weeks Photo Fun thread CNWman;). VERY NICE SHOT!:thumb::D

Well, i "currently" have 63 engines on my roster:D, so i am going to throw in a few every week:thumb:.
1- an "older" AC4400
2- a "newer" AC4400
3- a Dash-9
4- an ALCO RS27
5- my 4-6-2 Milwaukee Road "Chippewa"(this pic was taken on my dads layout:thumb:).

KEEP 'EM COMING FOLKS!:thumb: THANKS!:D -Deano
UPAC4400.JPG
UPAC4400FLAG.JPG
UPDash-9.JPG
UPRS27.JPG
MilwaukeeRoad4-6-2Chippewa.JPG

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
CNWMan: Nice shot.
Deano: WOW.. thats some heavy duty hawse power. I like the Flag Unit..and especialy the ALCO RS27..

Here's a couple of night shots; 1: the Yard. 2: Engine Service Tracks.

Attachments

• 27.JPG
    27.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 28.JPG
    28.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 253

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
...waiting for orders...

Two CSX diesels idle behind the factory loading dock waiting for a clear block. At the point is a SD70 followed by a B30-7.

Attachments

• Copy of P3080466.JPG
    Copy of P3080466.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 249

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Photo FUN!!!!

There goes the deposit on the canoe rental...

View attachment 36105

Disclaimer: no little plastic people were hurt during the production of this picture:)

Attachments

• photos 121 small.jpg
    photos 121 small.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 282

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Mark, those pics LOOK GREAT!!!:thumb: :thumb: i have always wanted to do lights on a layout, but never have:(. your pics look real;), GREAT JOB!:thumb: :D

Herc, FANTASTIC SHOT!:thumb: i don't know how you got the pic to look like an early morning shot, with a slight fog, but it looks GREAT!:thumb: :D

Steve, "OH CRIPES"!!! sign1 ROFL!!!!sign1 you DEFIANTLY put the "fun" in this weeks Photo Fun:thumb:. OUTSTANDING SHOT STEVE!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D

GREAT WORK FOLKS!:thumb: KEEP 'EM COMING!:D -Deano

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Great pictures everyone! Steve, I'm still laughing! I love that scene! In the spirit of humor here's a gag I staged before but now updated with for the KP&W.

Attachments

• 3-6-2007-10.jpg
    3-6-2007-10.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 257

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Deano- Thanks and great shots, especialy the steamie:thumb:

chessie4155- Thanks and Briliantly pulled off shots too!:thumb:

Herc- I always did like your shots behind that building:D

Nazgul-sign1 Briliant man!:D

jesso- Love the caption:thumb: sign1

Ralph- Ah! the accident when changing the 'no accidents' signsign1 Another bloody briliant one:thumb:

Keep 'em commintrain97

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
CNWman - Wow that purple boxcar is.......purple! Cool colors.

Chessie - That night shot is great. How'd you do that one? The lighting is great, not too much but just enough.

Deano - Awesome engines. Wow those look good.

Ralph - ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!! Makes me think of a "sign" we made up while in Iraq/Kuwait. Our base had the typical "Days without Accidents" sign, so to have a little fun, we changed the sign to read, "Days Without A DUI - 1075" highlighting the fact that we were on a no-alcohol base. The base command didn't see it as that funny but we didn't pay too dearly for our offense. Somehow the whole idea of accident-free days on a base in a combat zone just didn't seem rational. (There's nothing more dangerous than an aircrew with an active imaginations and some down time between missions.)

Steve - ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!! Yeah, they can kiss that canoe rental fee goodbye.

Jesso - That BNSF is beautiful...can't wait for one to come out in Nscale.

Deano - Oh the "fog"...easy one to explain. My layout is up against three windows that only get afternoon sunshine. Because of the furniture arrangement in the room, I can only take pictures from two sides of the layout without taking the picture with heavy sun backlighting. So I can sit the camera on my desk, adjust the exposure rate to allow for the sunshine coming through the blinds, and use a remote to avoid camera shake. I'd like to say I'm a good enough photographer to have thought this all out, but actually I discovered it by chance after taking lots of bad pictures and finally solved the right combination of camera settings.

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
great start everyone---a couple of cn diesels speed through lowbanks on Doctor Wayne's EG&E

20032007083.jpg

20032007084.jpg

hey deano---i've added some pictures of my milwaukee road hiawatha,after a few doctor wayne modifications

gtw5632005.jpg

gtw5632004.jpg

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Wow, great shots everyone!

CNW - love the different colors
Deano - always love seeing pics of your big yellow roster
Steve/Ralph - great scenes
jesso - nice BNSF loco there
CNnutbar - love the blurry locos, must be traveling pretty fast, and as always - great steamers

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
viperman and Herc- Thank you for the compliments on my boxcars!:D The reason that they are those colors is that they are rolling bilboards for Popcicle and so have catchy colors. These apear to be made when Popcicle had there 'save spotted bags for stuff' promotion because 3/4 of them have that phrase written on them, the one that doesn't has a Norman Rockwell illustration on it:D If you look into my intro thread, CCT70 posted close ups of them. Don't expect to see them for sale, though. They are P1K serries and were sold in a 4-pack special that was on clearance at the store I got them from.

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
Herc: Great Shot, I like the hazy effect.
Nazgul: Great lookig water..
Jesso: Nice Shot
Ralph: Very Funny: that poor guy has the same luck I do :D ..
CN Nutbar: WOW! Great action shot..

Those night shots were my fist try at it. I used a tri pod, shut off the flash, set the white balance to shade, set ISO to 200 and used the self timer. They turned out pretty good.

OK Men, lets get this mess cleaned up..Time is money.

Attachments

• 35.JPG
    35.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 189

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
WOW chessie, that is a AWESOME shot!!! I love the construction clean-up and the coal hoppers in the backround.

And that lowboy and buldozer look SWEET!!! tooth1

Deano, love those engines :D :D :D

Herc, AWESOME!! :D :thumb:

Nutbar, those are AMAZING shots :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I love em :D :D :D

Nice shots everyone.

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
CNWman, nice station :thumb:
Deano, great engines, the Alco is my favorite this week :wave:
Chessie, the night shots are awesome, but the scene in your second post is even better :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .
Herc, that’s a great location to take pics .
Steve, sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 .... and the scenery is absolutely breath taking.
jesso, beautiful BNSF engine :thumb:
Ralph, sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 ...great idea.
cn, cool shots and that steamer is a beauty.

OK, time to post my pics now. The two photos show my new Wheeler Machinery Co. on my layout.

LA1.jpg

View attachment 36124

Attachments

• LA2.jpg
    LA2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 164

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
jawdropWjawdropOjawdropWjawdrop Kurt!!!

Those are 2 STUNNING PICS. That scence looks AMAZING!!! I love those plams and I am speachless right now as to what else to say :eek: WAY TO GO KURT!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.