How about a scale vehicle thread

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Catt, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

COMBAT. I LOVE that scene, I want to find room for something like that on my layout, but what did you use for roads and dirt? It all looks so real!
  2. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Here is my latest project, I have an Athearn telesquirt body and a Boley tanker cab, I noticed how the colors line up, and thought hey!, kitbash time! I dont know how to connect them though, I want the cab to stay with the chassis because then I can keep the fuel tanks, but the fire body wont fit on the tanker frame, and the boley truck wont fit on the ex Ford C chassis. How could I connect the Boley (diecast frame, and the Athearn plastic frame? Does it look okay as a single axle? I think it does.

Attached Files:

3. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

Well part of the road is tar paper from roofing. Part of it is wall joint compound shaped and sanded then painted. The dirt, its real dirt. :) Just sifted down. I cant see paying all this money for dirt in a can when I can get it from my own property.

Thanks for looking! :)
  4. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

What color did you use to paint the concrete road surface? I know I know, gray, but what shade?
  5. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

I believe it was gray primer. Worked great! Wait till you see the seaport container area that is gray and done up like concrete. Looks good. :)
  6. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Combat: Great looking scene:thumb: .. I have the same Yellow semi and lowboy trailer, nice stuff:thumb: The utilty trucks look great too...love the auger truck:thumb:
  7. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

Thanks, the auger truck needs some scenes stuff put around, dirt on the bit ect.
  8. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Depending on what your scenic base is, you could drill a hole for the drill, and really make it look like its drilling.​

9. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

I Thought About Doing That... The Thing Is I Have Already Changed The Scene.... Lol :)
  10. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

I'd say use the Boley, but cut out the suspension & wells, and use the one from the Athearn frame. Then use the Athearn Wheels.
  11. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

More plowing pics

Here are more pics of a scene I have going for a snowplowing website. I made a video, but it wouldnt work on youtube, so for now, here a few pics, I made a box plow for my backhoe also.

Attached Files:

12. scubadude

scubadude Member

I gotta tell you, the quality of HO scale vehicles makes me want to make the jump from N to HO.....It's really frustrating trying to find good N cars and trucks wall1 .....
  13. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Crud wall1 lol

Okay Thanks Josh :mrgreen:
  14. TruckLover

I already saw it hehehehehehe :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Combat those pics with the construction scene are AWESOME!!!! The roads look great and that Kenworth and the lowboy look saaaweettt :thumb: :thumb:

And those utility trucks look awesome too. Specialy the auger!! :thumb: :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing some more.

BTW who makes the BNSF pickup?????
  15. TruckLover

Kevin thats SOOOOO COOL. I love the winter scene. All that snow looks AWESOME and the equiment tire marks are a nice detail. It looks so real and with all the snow piled on the equipment too :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Nicely Done :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  16. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Again, some really cool stuff guys! My Old Dominion decals are still on backorder, though, so that project is still shelved. Also, does anyone have or know how to get, and I'm guessing this has been asked before, a 1:87 DeLorean? I just want it for kicks, and also as a nod to Back to the Future:p
  17. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

I had heard that Reel Rides is coming out with a Delorian, not sure if or when though.:confused:
  18. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

What are you using for snow?? Love the scene!!!
  19. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Thanks, the snow is flour, I made a diorama for taking pics on for a snow plowing forum, They also like it and have several very good modelers themselves.

20. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

cant use this as a long term solution then for snow correct?