Ghost Train

Agamemnon

I am curious, am I the only person on this forum who does not believe in ghosts, spirits, poltergeists, deities and/or the afterlife?

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Probably not, Agamenon! This thread, however, has attracted a lot of interest and is open to folks who would like to participate.
Ralph

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Another haunted layout I read about was in Model Railroader a few years back.

I think it was G- Scale and rollingstock would also take flight in this century old house, every time they connected it with a figure of a girol that was tipped over on different points on the layout. :eek:

all I can say is they seem to show up everywhere on the net,,,,,, who would have thought on a train forum,,,,,,, hmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,st

Agamemnon

Ralph said:
Probably not, Agamenon! This thread, however, has attracted a lot of interest and is open to folks who would like to participate.
Ralph

I do find it interesting as a social phenomenon that it has attracted this much interest, certainly. At the very least, it's an interesting sidenote in terms of folkloristics.

brakie

As a amateur paranormal investigator I must say I been taught when to walk away from a investigation..While I don't know of any investigators that has been beaten or mauled I know 2 that was shove down a flight of stairs.I have been shoved and had a coffee cup thrown at me...

For what its worth my society tries to debunk paranormal activities by natural causes and there are tons of natural causes that explains away a lot of paranormal activities-roughly 90%. Its that 10% that keeps us active..We found 98% of the pictures are natural phenomenon such as dust orbs,tricks of lights,flash spots,camera straps, hair,trickery,etc.2% remain interesting but unknown.

EVP's is another matter that can not be explain away 98% of the time..

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Agamemnon said:
EVPs?

Extraterrestrial Visiting Partygoers?
Electronic Voice Phenomenon. Very cool stuff. It's when you use a tape recorder or some other recording device to capture voices that can't be heard with the human ear. For some reason they can be heard on a recorded tape when played back even when they couldn't be heard at the time of the recording.

Go here for a few examples-> http://theshadowlands.net/ghostwav.htm

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Knighthawk said:
I'll have to ask whomever is representing Mr. Smith's estate if I can post pictures, (just to be on the safe side),and if I can get permission, I will make sure to post 'em here.

I'm just thinking...since my sister is still at our Aunt, and Uncle's place for a few more days, and Melanie has already seen them, there's no reason to hide my eyes anymore, I might just wander around the local shopping mall tomorrow, just to see what reaction I getsign1 ! Since I'm only gonna have 'em for a few more days, I might as well have some fun with 'em!
I wanna see pics of them.
I might PM you a little story about black eyes later.

That was fast...

Cannonball said:
I wanna see pics of them.
I might PM you a little story about black eyes later.

I contacted Mr. Smith's son this morning about posting pictures of the layout here, and just received an email from the estate lawyer, stating that the family,(by that I assume he means the son), does not want any further publicity on the case. The email went on to say that if I do publish anything, then legal action will be taken. That being the case, I'm afraid that I will not be able to show you guys anything more about the case. I have heard that when Mr. Smith's belongings were put into storage, the boxes containing the parts to his model railroad disappeared from the storage facility. I'm of two minds about this, if it turns out to be not a case of theft. On the one hand, if they turn up here, I'd sure appreciate them, but on the other hand, I'll have some explainin' to do:D !

On a lighter note, I went out to the mall this morning, and had to stop off at the bank first. As usual, the place was pretty busy. No problem:D ! Within two minutes of removing my sunglasses, I was at the head of the line. The teller had to count out the money three times before she got it rightsign1 ! I've found that people get out of my way when they see me coming! The only real drawback is that I really, REALLY freak out small children, so I have to be careful around them. What I can't understand though, is why I now seem to be really attractive to some women... I got four phone numbers in the space of fifteen minutes! Not to mention how many wanted mine:eek:ops: . Good thing Melanie wasn't there, or I'm sure that I could add to my present list of injuries:D !

CNWman

CNW Fan
If the stuff DOES come to your place, get your ghostly friends to do a little "haunting" to show that they still have opinions, even if they're still 5 1/2 ft. underground:thumb:

CNWman said:
If the stuff DOES come to your place, get your ghostly friends to do a little "haunting" to show that they still have opinions, even if they're still 5 1/2 ft. underground:thumb:

They're more than welcome to come on over, and stay for as long as they want, since they're not gonna raid the fridgesign1 !

CNWman

CNW Fan
Warning: Really Complicated Matter Ahead

Wait a sec, you said you couldn't post pics because the stuff was the OTHER PEOPLE's stuff. But would it be YOUR stuff if it somehow ended up in your place and the ghosts wanted it there? I'm not in that kinda stuff.

CNWman said:
Wait a sec, you said you couldn't post pics because the stuff was the OTHER PEOPLE's stuff. But would it be YOUR stuff if it somehow ended up in your place and the ghosts wanted it there? I'm not in that kinda stuff.

If it ended up at my place it would still belong to the estate of the late Mr. Smith, since I would have no bill of sale, and no claim on it, so in essence, since I couldn't satisfactorily explain it in court, it would be the same as if I had stolen it.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Knighthawk said:
If it ended up at my place it would still belong to the estate of the late Mr. Smith, since I would have no bill of sale, and no claim on it, so in essence, since I couldn't satisfactorily explain it in court, it would be the same as if I had stolen it.

But what would happen if Mr. Smith "Haunted" the stuff and made it clear in some way outdoing special effects in Hollywood that he wanted you to have them?

CNWman said:
But what would happen if Mr. Smith "Haunted" the stuff and made it clear in some way outdoing special effects in Hollywood that he wanted you to have them?

That would certainly set one heck of a legal precedent, one that I would love to see! I would imagine that a case like that would take years in court, as various experts for both sides argued about what was going on. Although, if the stuff was brought to court, and disappeared from the courtroom, right in front of the judge, and then appeared at my place, on camera, so that everyone in court could see it, I would think that it might go a long way toward establishing any claim of mine. Personally though, Mr. Smith's son has told me that if I want it, I can have it, when and if it shows up again. He also said that if I don't want it, he will donate it all to a local charity, like Ronald McDonald House, so that other children can enjoy it. I would prefer that, since then, others will hopefully get the pleasure from it that his own son should have had more time on earth to do.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Knighthawk said:
I contacted Mr. Smith's son this morning about posting pictures of the layout here, and just received an email from the estate lawyer, stating that the family,(by that I assume he means the son), does not want any further publicity on the case. The email went on to say that if I do publish anything, then legal action will be taken. That being the case, I'm afraid that I will not be able to show you guys anything more about the case.
I wasn't talking about the trains.
(although seeing the layout would be cool)
I want to see a pic of your eyes, man!

Cannonball said:
I wasn't talking about the trains.
(although seeing the layout would be cool)
I want to see a pic of your eyes, man!

Sorry, lotsa stuff going on right now, not the least of which is my recovery from my injuries. I'll see if I can get Melanie to take a picture for you guys!

soat204

LOL dude that would be sooo great to see ur injury, no offense of course
ive never seen black eyes, and id like to get a dose of what those kids at the bank were feeling
lol

soat204 said:
LOL dude that would be sooo great to see ur injury, no offense of course
ive never seen black eyes, and id like to get a dose of what those kids at the bank were feeling
lol
I can't get a good close up of my eyes, but here is a good representation from a picture in my organization's files.View attachment 34694

Attachments

• 200.jpg
    200.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 66