Ghost Train

Knighthawk 1970-2007

It is with a heavy heart that I report the passing on of Knighthawk, a true friend, a brave soldier, and the finest individual that I have ever known. It seems that whatever had attacked him in Romania, and contaminated his blood in the process, had done more damage than anyone thought. The foreign matter in his blood caused damage to several organs, which in turn caused them to fail. There was nothing that anyone could have done.

I myself served with Knighthawk during most of my military career, and can honestly say that I would trust him with my life. His loss will be sorley felt by all those who knew him. I only hope that he has now found not only peace, but the answers to all of the questions that he had about this life, and the next.

MilesWestern

Indeed. May this next life provide definitive answers to the questions you sought out in this one. :cry: :( May the lord rest his soul, I'm deeply sorry this has happened, and am suprised and shocked. :( :eek: :cry:

Who wrote that eulogy?

MilesWestern said:
Indeed. May this next life provide definitive answers to the questions you sought out in this one. :cry: :( May the lord rest his soul, I'm deeply sorry this has happened, and am suprised and shocked. :( :eek: :cry:

Who wrote that eulogy?

Sorry to have posted anonymously, it was an honest mistake, as you can imagine, we're all pretty shocked, and upset here. As to my name, I'm in the same situation as Knighhawk...I cannot reveal it, but you can call me Talon. We were as close as brothers, and fought together on many occasions. Considering the number of life threatening situations that I've seen him fight his way through, I came to think of him as indestructible...a silly notion, no doubt, but some part of me really though he'd outlast us all.

Anyway, at least he'll be buried a hero, as he certainly deserves to be, even if it is in our unit's own cemetry, out of the public view. Even in death, we take care of our own.

I'm glad I got the chance to tell you guys, as I wouldn't have known about his friends here, if Melanie hadn't asked me to let you know. I hope she'll be alright, as right now, she's pretty much a wreck, as you can imagine. To top things off, he had asked her to marry him, before he left on his last trip, so she's really going through a rough time, even more so than the rest of us.

Thanks for all your sympathy, I'll pass it along.

Talon.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Although I personally didn't follow this thread closely I observe that it has been an interesting and entertaining thread for many members. The death of a Gauge member is a serious and sad thing and we reflect on it with genuine compassion for the family and friends of the deceased.

I would be very disappointed to think some one would pretend to communicate the death of a Gauge member of good standing for entertainment or attention.

Ralph

Cannonball said:
Ok.... Sorry but it's gotten too deep now.

You're entitled to believe whatever you wish. I, however, as his friend KNOW what happened. As far as I'm concerned, I notified you as I was asked, and that's what I felt obligated to do.

This will be my final communication on this matter.

Gary S.

I've been reading this thread, not so much for the story itself, but for the sociological aspects of it.

The events of this thread either really happened, or they did not happen. When would it be appropriate, as a member of The Gauge, to ask for more proof? What would be considered "non-offensive"? Does this mean The Gauge is subject to any claim from anyone, and opposite views will not be tolerated? Should we, as Gauge members, suspend our scepticism so as not to offend anyone? These are honest questions.

If the story is true, then my sincere condolences for those suffering the loss of a friend and loved one. If it is false, then I suppose there is no harm done, save that of making the gullible even more gullible.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
ozzy said:
i just want to know how all these other people get this guys log in info if true.
That's the easy part - Someone tells them their password.. or if you have windows "Save info" turned on, Anyone that has access to the computer can sign into The Gauge.

I have an Icon on my desktop with The Gauge as it's name, My wife knows that "Lord Forbid" anything happens to me, all she has to do is click on it and she'll be dropped right into the Mod's forum, so she can post......

soat204

I for one am very sorry for this loss, and to think, after all the years he did this, this LAST mission, after this he would have been done, but the very last one, that was the one that got him.....unbelieveable...let us jus hope he does not end up like at entity....and succesfully passes on.....

ozzy

Boone - Kate Shelly High Bridge - Kate Shelly was famous for saving a train from going off of the tracks on the bridge that is now known as the Kate Shelly high bridge. It is said that if you look up at the tracks (bridge) at night you can see a mysterious outline of a person and a dim light like a lantern running on the tracks. People around here say that it's Kate forever reliving the incident that saved a train and lots of people. - September 2004 CORRECTION: located west of the City of Boone, is not the bridge where Kate Shelley saved the passenger train. It was actually first structured in early 1900's and was named "The Boone Viaduct". It was renamed for Kate Shelley in the 1960's. The bridge has wonderful tales of "Specter" Steam Engines and ghostly "watchmen" that walk it. The original bridge that Kate Shelley crossed was demolished in the 1930's. Kate Shelley's ghost, accordingly, haunts the hamlet of Moingona, Iowa, South West of City of Boone, where the story took place.

ozzy

Appanoose - Centerville - Railroad Tracks - If you park your car on these tracks, turn it off, and put it in Neutral, little kids will push you off the tracks.. You will hear foot steps in the rocks while they are pushing you...

Avon - The track - Apparition of a man holding an old lantern walking the tracks, then disappears.

Talon:

My condolences on your loss. I was out of touch with this thread and am very shocked to hear this.
As a believer, I would have liked to have met Knighthawk in person.

He will be greatly missed here.

May Knighthawk rest in peace.