Ghost Train

Illus

Knighthawk said:
These pertain to a supposed "curse" on her family by a rival band of gypsies,(she is of Romanian descent), and both the dating, and the translation are correct. .

Old Magic... That usually doesn't mean anything good. My Italian Grandmother took all the Old Magic very seriously, knew all kinds of curses, and different things along that line...

COMBAT said:
Just the facts mam, just the facts. LOL

That's what I'm hoping to ascertain...just what the facts are behind this "curse", and what can be done about it. Unfortunately, there is no alternative to my going there, but I've been to worse places in my time, and preliminary research through some very old texts suggests that there is a local belief that there is a colony of creatures somewhere in the forests near where the village that I'm going to is. The description of these creatures is very similar to the BEKs that are apparent in this case. That being said, I probably will not be able to get a guide to the spot, so I'll have to go and find it on my own, if it exists.

COMBAT said:
Its been said that believing in things give them strength and allows them to be. :)

In some cases that's absolutely correct, but in this instance, belief, or disbelief makes no difference with these things, all of the evidence that I've accumulated over the years on these creatures indicates a solid existence grounded in reality, with the exception of the apparent ability to appear/disappear at will. Why they seem to need a person's permission to enter their home or vehicle is still a mystery however...one that vaguely links them to the various legends of the vampire. Even the local name for them, "Upyr", has a linguistic link to the modern spelling of the word vampire. I'm not saying that's what they are, but it's just another fact that bears looking into.

COMBAT

Hmmm, its kind of a good thing for them to choose a child too. Kids are not seen as a threat by the victims but they become one when you let them in. :)

Illus

Knighthawk said:
...one that vaguely links them to the various legends of the vampire. Even the local name for them, "Upyr", has a linguistic link to the modern spelling of the word vampire. I'm not saying that's what they are, but it's just another fact that bears looking into.

Well, you would be in the right zip code for that sort of connection...

Just on my way out the door in a few minutes, I should be back on the 30th, so, if I don't get a chance to post here while I'm out, you'll all hear from me then! Wish me luck!

CNWman

CNW Fan
Knighthawk said:
Just on my way out the door in a few minutes, I should be back on the 30th, so, if I don't get a chance to post here while I'm out, you'll all hear from me then! Wish me luck!

cya later and good luck!

Knighthawk's Back!

Hello all,

I'm Melanie, Knighthawk's girlfriend, he's asked me to post for him to let you know that he's back from his journey. He's in pretty rough shape...as he put's it, "Bruised, battered, and broken, but unbeaten". He's got several large bruises on various parts of his body, as well as three large gashes across his chest, and his left hand is broken.

He refuses to tell me the particulars of what happened, saying that it would only frighten me. What he will say, however, is that his injuries are the result of an attack by whatever it was he was after, and that if the creatures had not gone for the horses he had with him first, he would not be here today, as it was incredibly swift.

As his girlfriend of several years, it's been hard for me to watch him deliberately put himself in harm's way, first as a soldier, then as a paranormal investigator, and then to see him return home injured, sometimes seriously, as is the case now, so I'm overjoyed to see that this was his last case. Anyway, that's all I've got for you now, he says he will post something himself soon, when he gets a little stronger.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Whoa...

Oh man:eek: Indeed, thank GOD in HEAVEN he's ok. Make sure he gets plenty of rest, eats healthy, and regualy checks in with us. We don't want to lose him

Hi guys!

This might be my last post for a few days, as I'm quite weak, and typing with only my right hand is very time consuming, especially as I'm a lefty. Melanie has just gone to the store, so I have time,(I hope), to get this post in.

I'm surprised that Melanie didn't mention the fact that since I've been home, I haven't removed my sunglasses, (she asked me about it, but I told her that I had a migraine, and was sensitive to the light). I didn't tell her the whole truth because she would probably freak out. While I do have a killer headache, the reason that I am still wearing my sunglasses is that since the attack, my eyes are completely black. This is only a temporary condition, and will go away in a day or two, according to the texts that I've read on the subject. Since I was only clawed, and not bitten, I am in no danger.

Melanie has just returned, so I'll sign off now, I'll post again in a few days, when I'm feeling better.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Um, was posting that while you're still, well, ya know, have it, a good idea? Anyways, welcome back Knighthawk:thumb: And now is as good a time as ever to learn how to be ambridextrious:D P.S. what ever happened to that mine layout in your first case here in this thread?

CNWman said:
Um, was posting that while you're still, well, ya know, have it, a good idea? Anyways, welcome back Knighthawk:thumb: And now is as good a time as ever to learn how to be ambridextrious:D P.S. what ever happened to that mine layout in your first case here in this thread?

As far as I know, Mr. Smith's layout is still up,(and probably running too!), at his place. I plan to check it out when I get back on my feet. Incidentally, I got that engine back again, it was in my backpack when I unpacked it.

About my eyes, well, it seems that Melanie suspected that something wasn't right,(never try to fool a woman, guys), and took the liberty of pretending to bend over to kiss me, and then snatching them off. You can probably guess what happened then, she screamed, and fainted. It's to her credit that she didn't run screaming out the door when she came to, but she then insisted to know EVERYTHING that happened to me on my trip. She's now been fully informed, and seems to be accepting the situation well. Oddly enough, she now seems rather intrigued by my eyes, and mentioned that one of the characters from a TV show that she used to watch, called "Farscape", had black eyes, so it seems that I'll be watching some of her DVD's of the show with her this evening.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Knighthawk said:
As far as I know, Mr. Smith's layout is still up,(and probably running too!), at his place. I plan to check it out when I get back on my feet. Incidentally, I got that engine back again, it was in my backpack when I unpacked it.

About my eyes, well, it seems that Melanie suspected that something wasn't right,(never try to fool a woman, guys), and took the liberty of pretending to bend over to kiss me, and then snatching them off. You can probably guess what happened then, she screamed, and fainted. It's to her credit that she didn't run screaming out the door when she came to, but she then insisted to know EVERYTHING that happened to me on my trip. She's now been fully informed, and seems to be accepting the situation well. Oddly enough, she now seems rather intrigued by my eyes, and mentioned that one of the characters from a TV show that she used to watch, called "Farscape", had black eyes, so it seems that I'll be watching some of her DVD's of the show with her this evening.

Go figure she found out. Be careful when watching old sci-fi flicks, they could suck you in too much (I know, I've almost been lost in one:D). As for the engine, Maybe Mr. Smith's grandson is inviting you back to see them? Hey, speaking of which, can you post pics now? I'd like to see this layout:thumb:

CNWman said:
Go figure she found out. Be careful when watching old sci-fi flicks, they could suck you in too much (I know, I've almost been lost in one:D). As for the engine, Maybe Mr. Smith's grandson is inviting you back to see them? Hey, speaking of which, can you post pics now? I'd like to see this layout:thumb:

I'll have to ask whomever is representing Mr. Smith's estate if I can post pictures, (just to be on the safe side),and if I can get permission, I will make sure to post 'em here.

I'm just thinking...since my sister is still at our Aunt, and Uncle's place for a few more days, and Melanie has already seen them, there's no reason to hide my eyes anymore, I might just wander around the local shopping mall tomorrow, just to see what reaction I getsign1 ! Since I'm only gonna have 'em for a few more days, I might as well have some fun with 'em!

CNWman

CNW Fan
Leader of Canada: Let's see here, I have a billion E-Mails about a guy who looks like something from the Exorcist or people's worst nightmares. Time to call out the ghostbusters

that's what I think would happen:D

soat204

Hey knighthawk, good to hear ur back, but i guess welcomings are last page..lol..so anyways, im srry to hear about your injuries, andd ur girlfriend fainting all over ur floor..so ya, i would like to see those pics also if u can get them
peace

CNWman

CNW Fan
Knighthawk said:
I'll have to ask whomever is representing Mr. Smith's estate if I can post pictures, (just to be on the safe side),and if I can get permission, I will make sure to post 'em here.

Actualy, I have an Idea, if you can do it. Instead of just only posting pics, why don't you ask if you can get the layout for yourself and graft it onto your layout. I think that would be pretty cool, as long as ALL parties (both living and dead) aprove. Be sure to run that loco that won't stop folowing you on that part, also:D