Ghost Train

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Knighthawk said:
Hey guys...I have just returned from Mr. Smith's house, after being called by the same friend who introduced me to him, and informed me about the case. He passed away sometime last night, from what appears to have been a heart attack. I only knew him for six months or so, but it was long enough for me to call him a friend. I'm taking a few "me" days to work through the grief, and to prepare for my other case, so I will probably be offline for awhile. In any case, after what has happened, this other case will be my last. I've seen and done enough to last me a lifetime, and from now on, will confine myself to research only.
Wow.... I'm sorry to hear that. :(
Hopefully he is with his grandson now and they are having a good time out riding the rails together.

Knighthawk said:
Hey guys...I have just returned from Mr. Smith's house, after being called by the same friend who introduced me to him, and informed me about the case. He passed away sometime last night, from what appears to have been a heart attack. I only knew him for six months or so, but it was long enough for me to call him a friend. I'm taking a few "me" days to work through the grief, and to prepare for my other case, so I will probably be offline for awhile. In any case, after what has happened, this other case will be my last. I've seen and done enough to last me a lifetime, and from now on, will confine myself to research only.

My condolences Knighthawk. It is hard losing a friend regardless of how long you have known that friend. May your friend be at peace and with his grandson.

brakie

Knighthawk said:

Hawk,Sorry to hear the the passing of your friend my deepest condolences to you and his family..

Sorry you are giving up investigations..To my mind thats the most interesting part and I won't settle for any other job in our Society even though after my heart attack I was offered a choice of being a case researcher,just review the videos and tapes for EVPs or continue to be a investigator..I chose the latter and still help with reviewing videos and taps.

joesho

im sorry to hear about mr smith passing:cry: :( ,ive no idea what its like to lose a friend like that,but my granpa also died from heart attack:cry:

CNWman

CNW Fan
Thats just sad

It's sad that he had to pass away when he just found out about his grandson:cry: . On a happer note, maybe you could try to get his n scale layout and graft it onto your own layout. Who knows, maybe you could get some spooky but friendly friends of yours?:thumb:

Seaboard

Knighthawk said:

Wow! sorry to hear about the mans death. I guess now that you figured out what the ghost was the man could finally rest.

I attended Mr. Smith's funeral today, it was a very tough experience, even for me, particularly as it was a little strange explaining exactly who I was, and how I came to know him. His family, and other friends were very understanding however, and accepted my presence quite easily. I was reluctant to go at first, but felt that I owed it to him. That's all I've got for now, when I have more details on my last case, I'll post them here. In the meantime, I would like to express my most heartfelt thanks, and gratitude to everyone here for their interest in the case, and your sympathy for my loss.

Knighthawk.

MilesWestern

Were the circumstances of his death at all related to his grandson's "presence" in the house, I was shocked to come back to this thread and learn of this. :( It's very sad. :cry: Was he in Ok health when you saw him? :confused:

MilesWestern said:
Were the circumstances of his death at all related to his grandson's "presence" in the house, I was shocked to come back to this thread and learn of this. :( It's very sad. :cry: Was he in Ok health when you saw him? :confused:

The last time that I saw Mr. Smith, he appeared to be perfectly healthy. My first thought was that the emotions that were stirred up by the revelations exposed on that last night might have caused his death. Now I'm not so sure. Until I have more information at my disposal, I do not want to say anything about what I now suspect happened to him, as it appears to have a bearing on this other case that I am working on.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Knighthawk said:
The last time that I saw Mr. Smith, he appeared to be perfectly healthy. My first thought was that the emotions that were stirred up by the revelations exposed on that last night might have caused his death. Now I'm not so sure. Until I have more information at my disposal, I do not want to say anything about what I now suspect happened to him, as it appears to have a bearing on this other case that I am working on.
Uh-oh.....

MilesWestern said:
Well, fill us in on this next case, if you'd be so kind! :)

I will be more than happy to give you guys all the details that I can on what will be my final case, when I have something solid to report. Sorry to leave you hanging, but this is going to take a while to get resolved, and I would prefer to give you all a complete report, since I've only just really started on it. All that I can say for certain right now, is that it appears that I have at least one, and possibly two BEKs to track down. Right now, I'm off to the original witness's house, with some of my group, as she reported a further contact to me a few minutes ago.

I'll post more when I've got some more information. Again, thanks for your interest folks, and I really hope that I can bring this to a successful conclusion.

Midnight

OK, so what do you do? Are you a Sherlock kinda guy? That would be a cool job.
Anyway, that sounds weird. Just be glad the loco didn't hit you any harder or you might not have told us this.

~Midnight

Midnight said:
OK, so what do you do? Are you a Sherlock kinda guy? That would be a cool job.
Anyway, that sounds weird. Just be glad the loco didn't hit you any harder or you might not have told us this.

~Midnight

I just got some of my witness's family documents back from a lab that I sent them to for authenitfication. These pertain to a supposed "curse" on her family by a rival band of gypsies,(she is of Romanian descent), and both the dating, and the translation are correct. So, I'm off to a contact of mine who lives in the area in question for a couple of weeks for research. I'm not looking forward to travelling there in the winter, as the temperatures can be quite bitter, but since I have been there several times in the past, for research, and on vacation, I know the area quite well. Also, the part of Romania that I am travelling to is actually Transylvania, and hey, what person interested in the paranormal could pass that up!sign1 I'll be leaving next week, so when I return, I'll let you all know what I've found out.

:D
Knighthawk said:
I just got some of my witness's family documents back from a lab that I sent them to for authenitfication. These pertain to a supposed "curse" on her family by a rival band of gypsies,(she is of Romanian descent), and both the dating, and the translation are correct. So, I'm off to a contact of mine who lives in the area in question for a couple of weeks for research. I'm not looking forward to travelling there in the winter, as the temperatures can be quite bitter, but since I have been there several times in the past, for research, and on vacation, I know the area quite well. Also, the part of Romania that I am travelling to is actually Transylvania, and hey, what person interested in the paranormal could pass that up!sign1 I'll be leaving next week, so when I return, I'll let you all know what I've found out.

Go for it!:thumb: And yes, we'll be right here waiting.:thumb: :D

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Knighthawk said:
Also, the part of Romania that I am travelling to is actually Transylvania, and hey, what person interested in the paranormal could pass that up! I'll be leaving next week, so when I return, I'll let you all know what I've found out.
Be sure to avoid any Red Cross blood drives while you're there...... :D

Cannonball said:
Be sure to avoid any Red Cross blood drives while you're there...... :D

I always tell 'em, "No thanks, I already gave at the officesign1 !"

I may be able to get online occaisionally while I'm there, with the help of some of my military buddies, since I'll need to file reports with my group back here. So, if I have the time, I'll try to post anything interesting here while I'm away.

Don't worry...I've already packed my garlic pillssign1 !

Illus

CNWman said:
Wern't you the one saying that the paranormal was fake int the "other hobbies than MRR" thread?:confused:

No, I have had experiences with it, I'm a believer.
Got a buddy who had a haunted house. I explained what happened there to Knighthawk...

Always check your facts BEFORE posting, thats the bad thing about the internet, ALOT of the things posted on open forums is wrong... Because people don't check the facts.