Free model#3 Skips BumbleBee Camaro Concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulhbell

We are all using glue and thats not a free download, so that means we should all be kicked out sign1.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
For some reason I never got any emails notifying me of replies here. Sorry Paul.

The build is looking great buddy. :D Has something happened to have made you want to drop out? All this talk about the comp rules? As far as the lights go I'm sure they aren't against the rules as LEDs are available to everyone if they choose to go buy them.

If something has been said against you installing them then surely those people are against Claudios B'Bee too? I'll check the comp thread.

P

paulhbell

Hello again. I have sorted the clear sheet problem, I have bought a 50 sheet box from staples and the sheet printed fine. Thanks for the tips.

Skip and nothing I sent you guys a PM about the windows size, don't worry it was me. I forgot about the window surround (sheet U part 2).

I got back without looking for a camera, so the mobile will have to do for tonight.

CJTK1701

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
I have now reread the rules for the comp and I have decided against pulling out.

But I do need to state a few things about the build.

1:-I will be making the car as is, i.e. no additions and no resizing.
2:-I will not be adding the LED's for the lights, as they are obviously not included in the file.
3:-I am using glossy paper for the build, I would have made the car using this paper anyway, even if I had not entered the comp.
4:-I will be using clear acetate for the windows, it actually states this on the sheets.
5:-If for some reason skip hasn't got the files up before the comp end date I will drop out anyway, as the rules say I must include a 'live' link to the model.

If for any reason, anyone has any objections, please PM or email me.

OK, I hate to interject myself into this, but....

1) If the directions state that you can use wires, or LED's or any other additional means of adding to the craft, I don't see a problem with regards to the rules. Since the model is not complete and the directions are not complete I don't see why these things can't be added to the directions as optional parts of the build. This is all dependant, of course, on whether the model is released before the competition ends and there is a viable link.

2) Since Claudio Dias included the option to add lights and indeed did directions for them in his model, it would seem that this would be easily transferable to this model and build, provided it's added in the directions, as it is an extension of the same thing we see in the movie as is the beater Camaro.

I hope I haven't ruffled any feathers this just seems to all be common sense to me.

CJTK1701

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
Hello again. I have sorted the clear sheet problem, I have bought a 50 sheet box from staples and the sheet printed fine. Thanks for the tips.

Glad it's working out for you. I'm going to have to pick some up as well. I like the idea of adding the clear sheets to applicable models.:mrgreen:

NSCXP2005

Mar 8, 2007
Great work Paulhbell,

I can't wait to see the rest of your build.

Keep up the great work!!

NSCXP2005

P

paulhbell

After not updating the build for a few days, I thought I would just do a quick update. I've actually spent more time at work this week, than I have at home. So everything I have been building has been on hold.

The company I work for make parts for the car manufaturing plants in the UK and I have been doing 12 to 14 hour days.

Any way I am getting back on with the build now and I will post pics later today. It's good to see to model on general release and would be nice to see other builds.

Well done, nothing, your car looks good. And a VERY well done to skip for designing this model.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks very much Paul. :D Yeah the model is now available to all, I got verdicts from nothing and there were no faults, although not for the beginner. What's new from me eh? LOL!

The Beater Bee is also very near the end. I have around 4 pages left to arrange and unfold. ;)

P

paulhbell

Sorry for the short break in building, I hate work.

Back on with the build, again. As skip has now released the file for download, the build is not breaking any rules for the comp. But I have a question, am I allowed to laminate or make some kind of former for the front of the car, the hood/bonnet/engine cover is not holding shape with the paper I'm using.

I would not recommend making the car with glossy paper, it's not strong enough and it's a sod to keep glue off.

On with the photos.

1:- front end, where the build was last weekend. With out paper edge colouring.
2:-From today, started on the sides. The front end has now got coloured edges, but I need to clean the glue of the paper.
3:- I thought I would post a pic of the windows printed on clear sheet.

More later today.

Attachments

• DSCF0124.jpg
    DSCF0124.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0125.jpg
    DSCF0125.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0126.jpg
    DSCF0126.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 3

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Looking good Paul. Sorry to hear about the hood not holding it's shape. The size of the model must be contributing to that too I bet. :( Sorry. Though I hope that when the interior is fitted along with the other side it'll help to pull it all together.

The windows look pretty cool, I'm quite happy with that. Though maybe the black to white gradient could have been softer?

Thanks for posting an update buddy. ;)

P

paulhbell

The window shading looks dark because it's laid on paper, so I could take a photo of it. When its laid against the 'insides' it looks good. Not to dark. The only problem I can see with the windows, are the tabs. The tab lines are very faint on the file I have. I'm still working with the first file you sent me, so I don't know if you've made them darker on the release file. All I've done is use a felt tip to make the lines darker, easier to cut out now.

I've added the rear wheel arch/side skirt, first photo (sorry blurred, new camera). Also added the door on the passenger side and started the driver side window frame, photo 2.

Attachments

• DSCF0127.jpg
    DSCF0127.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0128.jpg
    DSCF0128.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 4
P

paulhbell

1:- Door with added.
2:- Attached to body.

I was going to have the window open, like nothings build, but I decided to close all the windows.

Attachments

• DSCF0129.jpg
    DSCF0129.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0130.jpg
    DSCF0130.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 4

Thebodymechanic

Feb 9, 2007
Pompano Beach, FL
Hi Paul, :wave:

This is my first ever post on this site. I must say I am very happy visiting this community. So much information and I love the creativity of the designers and builders. I have built several card models already since crossing over from plastic modeling being that this is much more fun for me and I think a little more challenging at times.
I have been following the camaro build closely. I was so impressed with it I had to build it myself. I have finished the interior up to the point where the front of the interior roof meets the body. wall1 Do you happen to have close-ups of this area so I can see how it is attached. The ones you have posted doesn't allow me to see that area well. Any help will bee greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Javier

camarofrontinteriorroofon0.jpg

:mrgreen:

P

paulhbell

I hope this helps, although the window frame is attached here.

I have tried to take photos of the outside of the interior, but the camera flash just 'whites out' the photo, sorry.

Attachments

• DSCF0138.jpg
    DSCF0138.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 4
P

paulhbell

Photo 1, rear end nearly finished.

Photo 2, Rear boot lid, small lip spoiler and started on the passenger side.

In the second photo the other side of the door 'glass' is visible and the re-lined tabs are on view.

Both photos from yesterday, no building done today. Got in from work at 1900 UK time, another 13 hour shift. I'm not doing anything tonight as I cream cracked and I don't want to make any mistakes.

Attachments

• DSCF0137.jpg
    DSCF0137.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0142.jpg
    DSCF0142.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.